PDA

View Full Version : Throw me a bone. Single player! Might be considered a *spoiler*

Buck_Rogers007
10-31-2006, 01:25 PM
I played through the 360 version as good as i could be and saw nothing that was advertised this game was gonna have. Sam Fisher losing his daughter, relationship with Enrica, Introducing a new splintercell, a Bank Heist. And a real lack of an ending. No cutscene at all just a voice over the credits and a VERY SHORT bonus mission. and then "to be continued". And i unlock the "best ending" achievement. I thought there was no ending really. So i play through again thinking maybe i gotta be bad as i can be to get to see any of the above mention story plot. got to the end and this time Sam says he'll catch up with Enrica after he defuses the bomb but when he defused it the swat jumps in and game over again. NO bonus mission this time, no "to be continued", nothing just game over. So i dont think this is really a spoiler since there's NOTHING TO SPOIL. If im not missing anything then what the heck was the point of all these desicions that Sam was going to have to make? Other then if you kill all those people your essentially killing the only potential ending to the game? Where is the plot this game was supposed to have? Please post with your help if im missing something. because the consept of this game was a good idea but it could not have been done worse.

Buck_Rogers007
10-31-2006, 01:25 PM
I played through the 360 version as good as i could be and saw nothing that was advertised this game was gonna have. Sam Fisher losing his daughter, relationship with Enrica, Introducing a new splintercell, a Bank Heist. And a real lack of an ending. No cutscene at all just a voice over the credits and a VERY SHORT bonus mission. and then "to be continued". And i unlock the "best ending" achievement. I thought there was no ending really. So i play through again thinking maybe i gotta be bad as i can be to get to see any of the above mention story plot. got to the end and this time Sam says he'll catch up with Enrica after he defuses the bomb but when he defused it the swat jumps in and game over again. NO bonus mission this time, no "to be continued", nothing just game over. So i dont think this is really a spoiler since there's NOTHING TO SPOIL. If im not missing anything then what the heck was the point of all these desicions that Sam was going to have to make? Other then if you kill all those people your essentially killing the only potential ending to the game? Where is the plot this game was supposed to have? Please post with your help if im missing something. because the consept of this game was a good idea but it could not have been done worse.

cooldude6681
10-31-2006, 01:32 PM
OK, watching the cutscene after the Iceland mission - it shows Sarah's death. Ubisoft never promised us a level where we get to pull off some bank heists. They just told us that Sam pulls them off so as to explain why he goes to jail. The other things you mentioned (relationship with Enrica, a plot) are explained much, much better in the xbox version (or so forumgoers say).<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style5,cooldude.png (http://www.sloganizer.net/en/)
http://card.mygamercard.net/gbar/abyss/Shaitani.gif (http://profile.mygamercard.net/Shaitani)
98% of the teenage population will try, does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this into your signature.
Sam: Listen, Moose--
Moss: It's Moss! Get it right or pay the price.

Tmerr
10-31-2006, 02:58 PM
And also... you can trigger the kissing scene with Enrica on 2nd JBA hq level. Spoiler---&gt; Highlight to see: <span class="ev_code_BLACK">After scanning the blueprints in Emiles office and he walks out of the room, instead of leaving the way you came in head behind the safe and desk there is a door that leads to a balcony. Go through that and ho down into the courtyard. Then cross the courtyard and enter the open window on the other side and you will be in Enrica's room. Note by doing this Enrica will cancel the other objectives (mine assembly) for you and the mission will end without making you fail.</span><div class="ev_tpc_signature">

sticks and stones may break your bones but guns will surely kill ya.

running with scissors is so overated

bioguy7
10-31-2006, 04:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tmerr:
And also... you can trigger the kissing scene with Enrica on 2nd JBA hq level. Spoiler---&gt; Highlight to see: <span class="ev_code_BLACK">After scanning the blueprints in Emiles office and he walks out of the room, instead of leaving the way you came in head behind the safe and desk there is a door that leads to a balcony. Go through that and ho down into the courtyard. Then cross the courtyard and enter the open window on the other side and you will be in Enrica's room. Note by doing this Enrica will cancel the other objectives (mine assembly) for you and the mission will end without making you fail.</span> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah but wont that get docked from your score if you skip them?

hawaiianpig
10-31-2006, 09:20 PM
No.

Complete all your objectives first. Scan the blueprints and head to Enrica's room via the window. 100% score. all objectives complete and Sam gets hot and heavy with Enrica. Win Win Win.

(Except for the fact that this is basically all we get in terms of the 'love interest' in this game, so: Lose.)

Back on topic though, in response to the first post:

Buddy, this is exactly how I feel too.

See?

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2771048463/m/8621040994<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

HP (http://hawaiianpig.pfordee.com)

Buck_Rogers007
11-01-2006, 10:25 AM
thank you for that. that shows a little more but if thats all they have of a relationship thats too bad. they shouldnt make the plot an easteregg. i wonder if there is anymore plot eastereggs. Like when Sam brings flowers...

Warrior0fLight
11-01-2006, 11:05 AM
Have you experienced the other ending? There are actually 3. Highlight below to see how to "activate" each of them:

When the bomb is disarmed in the last JBA HQ mission, a number of different endings can play out.
<span class="ev_code_BLACK">
Badassery: If you blew up the cruise ship, killed Lambert, and killed Hisham, then you'll escape from the building but end the game a wanted man. This can also occur if you killed or destroyed any two of the above three individuals and your trust with the NSA was below 33% of the bar when you defused the bomb.

Escape!: If your NSA trust is below 33%, but you managed to save the lives of Hisham, Lambert, and the cruise ship, then you'll be arrested but escape before your trial. Alternately, if you destroy two of the three targets, but your NSA trust is above 33%, then this ending occurs as well.

Escape To New York: If your NSA trust is above 33%, and you managed to save at least two of the three targets listed above, or all three of them, then you'll escape to Moss's boat in the New York harbor area and be given the chance to defuse the bomb. This is the best ending, assuming you can complete the bonus mission.</span>

Enjoy!<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

<hr class="ev_code_hr" />
<span class="ev_code_BLACK">...................</span> <span class="ev_code_RED">Official member of SCAA</span>
<span class="ev_code_BLACK">.............</span> (Splinter Cell Addicts Anonymous)

Buck_Rogers007
11-01-2006, 11:39 AM
are they worth going through the campaign 3 times for? i got the best ending and one of the others. is the 3rd just a voice over credits too?

Warrior0fLight
11-01-2006, 12:03 PM
They're about the same. The only way to get a REAL ending is to play the Xbox 1 version of the game. Montreal did the storyline like it was supposed to be done...

Buck_Rogers007
11-02-2006, 02:09 AM
so they have a cutscene at the end of the xbox version?

RawkRaven
11-02-2006, 04:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Warrior0fLight:
They're about the same. The only way to get a REAL ending is to play the Xbox 1 version of the game. Montreal did the storyline like it was supposed to be done... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Shanghai UBI is teh deedeedeee<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

I take the breath i didnt make, i am the shadow that you forsaked. My name is RawkRaven and i am a Splintercell.