PDA

View Full Version : microsoft xbox 360 controller for windows pc

creepy_maverick
06-23-2008, 03:17 PM
hello ,
can you assist me if i can buy the wired controller , because the cheaper one doesnt say its for windows

Expedition
06-23-2008, 03:23 PM
That post was a Little cReepy - How can we help?

aspen_wrx
06-23-2008, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by creepy_maverick:
hello ,
can you assist me if i can buy the wired controller , because the cheaper one doesnt say its for windows

You HAVE to use the wired XBox360 Controller for RB6V2 because the wireless controller for windows in not supported in RB6V1 or RB6V2.

creepy_maverick
06-23-2008, 04:56 PM
hi Aspen..

i appreciate your time to help me out..

so im pretty much ready to get that wired microsoft xbox 360 controller, and it doesnt matter if it says for WINDOWS OR NOT..and if i just follow all instructions carefully i would be able to play may vegas 2 pc pretty much without hassle?..thank you so much

creepy_maverick
06-23-2008, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Expedition:
That post was a Little cReepy - How can we help?

hi Expedition,

so i can confirm that i can buy that xbox 360 cotroller for xbox/pc to use for my vegas 2 pc game sir?

thanks so much for your help boss!

neilthecellist
06-23-2008, 05:11 PM
Yes, you can use it.

Just make sure you set the PID and VID in PCKellerJoysticks.ini in \Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2\KellerGame\Config to the ones that match your controller.

Mine were 3595 and 517, I think. Yours might be different. There used to be a thread all about this, but I can't seem to find it anymore (mod deleted it, maybe?)

aspen_wrx
06-23-2008, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by neilthecellist:
Yes, you can use it.

Just make sure you set the PID and VID in PCKellerJoysticks.ini in \Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2\KellerGame\Config to the ones that match your controller.

Mine were 3595 and 517, I think. Yours might be different. There used to be a thread all about this, but I can't seem to find it anymore
(mod deleted it, maybe?)
neil...the xbox360 controller was a straight plug and play right into RB6V1...are you saying modifications are needed in V2????

neilthecellist
06-23-2008, 05:35 PM
Well, mine was.

I purchased mine from Gamestop... It was the Gamestop/Microsoft XBOX360 controller... Too lazy to newegg-search it right now.

All I know is: When I got Vegas 2 and plugged in the controller, the game didn't detect the controller, but Windows detected it. (http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif)

I had to go through the trouble of finding out what the product-ID and vendor-ID of my controller was, convert those values to hexadecimal and putting them into my PCKellerJoysticks.ini file. It was a pain in the ****, believe me.

EDIT: Why is "a r s e" censored? That's not even a bad word!

creepy_maverick
06-23-2008, 06:10 PM
thank u so much Neil..im going to best buy a little later to get the xbox 360 controller..have a good one!

Expedition
06-23-2008, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by neilthecellist:
Well, mine was.

I purchased mine from Gamestop... It was the Gamestop/Microsoft XBOX360 controller... Too lazy to newegg-search it right now.

All I know is: When I got Vegas 2 and plugged in the controller, the game didn't detect the controller, but Windows detected it. (http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif)

I had to go through the trouble of finding out what the product-ID and vendor-ID of my controller was, convert those values to hexadecimal and putting them into my PCKellerJoysticks.ini file. It was a pain in the ****, believe me.

EDIT: Why is "a r s e" censored? That's not even a bad word! Your a r s e needs to be censored....LOL