PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone Else Have Issues with Smoke, Sometimes?

asix79
11-19-2011, 10:17 AM
There have been times where I've stopped a running pursuer with a smoke bomb, and his momentum will force him to lunge past me. Sometimes, when this happens, I don't get the stun prompt, and I get killed, as a result.

Am I not doing something right? Do I need to make sure that I get a lock on my pursuer first?

CarnivalBox
11-19-2011, 10:23 AM
The stun prompt does not show up if your pursuer is in the smoke, for some reason. You just have to stun them anyway.

This got me killed quite a lot in the beginning. Thank you Ubisoft, for telling me. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Zoidberg747
11-19-2011, 10:46 AM
It also has a bigger delay than in previous games.

Redbanana27
11-19-2011, 10:49 AM
Yes... Its called balance

postwick
11-19-2011, 11:19 AM
lag is also a major issue in this game. your pursuer is actually a couple steps closer to you (on his screen) than he looks (on your screen). this is why you can drop a smoke and have your opponent walk right through it and kill you anyway.

BigBalledEagle
11-19-2011, 02:32 PM
At least once a game, I will drop an early smoke and my target will casually walk into it and stun me...

asix79
11-19-2011, 03:17 PM
I realize that I need to clarify: I get the smoke bomb down in time, but he will sometimes lunge through it. When I turn around to face him, I'm not given the stun prompt. I'm killed after the smoke bomb wears off.

Metalsnake27
11-19-2011, 04:01 PM
I haven't had any problems with smoke.

The only annoying thing is when you dodge your pursuer in the smoke... then the lock goes to the npc next to you and you stun the npc... even when your locked to your pursuer.

postwick
11-19-2011, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by asix79:
I realize that I need to clarify: I get the smoke bomb down in time, but he will sometimes lunge through it. When I turn around to face him, I'm not given the stun prompt. I'm killed after the smoke bomb wears off.

this is lag. again, what you are seeing your opponent do on YOUR screen is about a second behind what he is actually doing on HIS screen/system.

Serrachio
11-19-2011, 05:08 PM
What I find slightly annoying is that I'll smoke my pursuer and they're clearly caught in it, but when I attempt to stun them, they'll dodge and then my smoke bomb will dissipate and they'll kill me for a Contested or sometimes just plain kill me.

Strigidae Moth
11-19-2011, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Serrachio:
What I find slightly annoying is that I'll smoke my pursuer and they're clearly caught in it, but when I attempt to stun them, they'll dodge and then my smoke bomb will dissipate and they'll kill me for a Contested or sometimes just plain kill me. Same here.

Skuldpt
11-19-2011, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by DeckedMoth30:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Serrachio:
What I find slightly annoying is that I'll smoke my pursuer and they're clearly caught in it, but when I attempt to stun them, they'll dodge and then my smoke bomb will dissipate and they'll kill me for a Contested or sometimes just plain kill me. Same here. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You guys are not alone! This happens with Throwing Knives (my favorite ability) is it because we have a bad timing, or is it about ranges?

E-Zekiel
11-19-2011, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Skuldpt:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeckedMoth30:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Serrachio:
What I find slightly annoying is that I'll smoke my pursuer and they're clearly caught in it, but when I attempt to stun them, they'll dodge and then my smoke bomb will dissipate and they'll kill me for a Contested or sometimes just plain kill me. Same here. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You guys are not alone! This happens with Throwing Knives (my favorite ability) is it because we have a bad timing, or is it about ranges? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Knives reduce kill and stun range. If you rush in, you will still die.

Serrachio
11-20-2011, 07:37 AM
Skulpt, it's not about timing or range.

I've caught them in the smoke bomb early enough and they're coughing, but because they dodge like how you'd dodge a kill in ACB, they waste enough time for me to try and re-maneuver myself that my smoke clears and then I die.

If it had let me stun them like it should have, I wouldn't have died.

Kurayaml
11-20-2011, 07:43 AM
Smoke bomb also seems to have a bit of a delay now, wheras before it was pretty much instant. I guess they just want to balance it out a bit.

I was thinking of using Mute over Smoke Bomb, but sometimes they run through my mute and murder me anyway :L

BigUrn
11-20-2011, 07:50 AM
Anyone seen green smoke? I could of swore I got hit by green smoke the other night

ACRUINATION
11-20-2011, 10:02 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by asix79:
I realize that I need to clarify: I get the smoke bomb down in time, but he will sometimes lunge through it. When I turn around to face him, I'm not given the stun prompt. I'm killed after the smoke bomb wears off.[/QUOTE this happens sometimes stopping someone who intends to stun you always results in a kill the stun for some reason is picky at times

BigBalledEagle
11-20-2011, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by asix79:
For some reason, the prompts are always removed whenever you catch your pursuer in a smoke bomb.

What you can do is lock your pursuer after you dodge. Once you lock him, you should be able to get the stun with little difficulty.

If you don't lock, you will most likely end up stunning a civilian.

Lethalla
11-20-2011, 04:18 PM
I just had a game of MH where I threw the smoke in time, one pursuer walked into it and started coughing; the other just kept walking and killed me in it while it was still smoking. How the smeg does that work? They both reached it at the same time on my screen.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

DannyStrong
11-21-2011, 01:13 AM
only problem ive had with smoke is when it stops a kill right in the middle and the two of us kind of fight around. Sometimes I'll kind of put the controller down thinking "oh they got me" or "oh i got them", but then after the little fight that goes on no one dies... (which i think dieor get stunned becuase i kind of stopped playing at that point).

So in short, I now mash X or B in abilities go off until i see either my killers score for killing me or more score for killing them.

Emvidasch
11-21-2011, 10:45 AM
I had the same thing once. I ran away and got chased, so I threw a smoke bomb and trapped him. I ran up and tried to stun him, but he was still in the smoke and somehow managed to kill me with a contested kill. What the- ?

I'm trying to throw the bombs from a distance now since waiting for pursuers to come to you will result in a lagtastic waste of a smoke bomb.

Kytr
11-21-2011, 02:00 PM
I've been running into the problem of dropping smoke and catching my pursuer. They attack anyway (naturally) and I dodge. By the time I can get back to them to stun, the smoke is gone and I die. There is no reason that I should lose 1 second of duration to lag.