PDA

View Full Version : A Few More Truly Noobish Questions...

Quixotic_990
08-06-2005, 02:01 AM
Look, this is terribly embarrassing..um... but which SH3 files should I back up just in case of a mod-induced collapse or need for a PC reformat? (Knock wood). I don't want to have to redo the Naval Academy etc if I can avoid it. Trouble is, I can't find any Career save file in the SH3 folder .... also want to save orig version of data in case a mod causes problems in future. So which folders and where are they?

Question 2: Hitting Control/Enter in theory should return time compression to normal. But it has no effect. Did I read something in a thread about tinkering with the config file (gulp)?

Question 3: I know this has been discussed at length but it's November 1940 and every time I surface in the vicinity of BF 15 ..swarms of nasty planes attack within minutes. Now I know aircraft were the bane of a U-Boat's short life but this early in the war, far too many planes and I'm getting seasick from the crash diving. Does the RUB mod address this?

Anyway, thanks for your patience with a green commander... I actually sank 34,000 tons of shipping on my 2nd patrol but only with the deck gun at night... all my fish missed! (Now at 74% difficulty.. playing manual targeting).

infacto
08-06-2005, 03:43 AM
Look in My docs. There is a folder called SH3.I Save this quite often now as I have started a new career in error(with the same name).

The one thats most impottant is t?g? files I think sorry im at work right now and cant check. But I did manage to save reinstall and play from last save.

Good Luck

Infacto