PDA

View Full Version : When will Ubisoft will stop punishing people for buying their games?

A_Consumer
08-18-2011, 03:51 PM
After all: in the arms race between publishers armed with DRM, and pirates with cracks, it's always just a matter of time before the game's protection is compromised. Who does the DRM actually hurt, then? The paying consumer. Even after a pirate group makes a game available without draconian ankle-weights, the paying customer is stuck with the more limited version.

I'm not interested in support or a 'resolution' from Ubisoft, I'll just ask Steam for my money back. I shouldn't have to sit here, firewalls disabled and free of proxies, looking at some sort of 'Connection Problem' message. I'm sure I'll find them much more of an accommodating company to deal with.

Mr_Shade
08-18-2011, 03:53 PM
Please check the pinned threads.

There is some help for the "connection access problem" you appear to be having.

Dillinger88
08-18-2011, 03:57 PM
Mr Shade,

You can post that all you like on peoples threads but you obviously missing (more like ignoring) the point.

UBISOFT LIED ABOUT THE DRM AND ARE NOW SAYING IT'S OUR FAULT.

A_Consumer
08-18-2011, 03:58 PM
I appreciate that you want to help; but beyond the general insanity of the Ubisoft DRM policy, my name-dropping of firewalls and proxies might tell you that I've already seen and tried the suggested solutions.

Mr_Shade
08-18-2011, 04:04 PM
Then you need to contact support.

They may have more things to try.

A_Consumer
08-18-2011, 04:07 PM
I 'need' to? I have an alternative to that via the Steam refund. I no more 'need' to contact support and waste more time than Ubisoft 'needed' to put this silly 'protection' on the game. It's protection turned prohibition, and I'm not eager to play along with that little game.

plasticslug
08-18-2011, 04:11 PM
These threads are getting out of hand, does Ubisoft have some sort of DRM to solve this?

Mr_Shade
08-18-2011, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by A_Consumer:
I 'need' to? I have an alternative to that via the Steam refund. I no more 'need' to contact support and waste more time than Ubisoft 'needed' to put this silly 'protection' on the game. It's protection turned prohibition, and I'm not eager to play along with that little game. Sorry I thought you wanted the game working?

That was why I answered with the suggestion.

As long as you know what to do, I will lock the thread since the matter is delt with and it will free up space for other threads.