PDA

View Full Version : are shotguns ruining the game

doddy08
07-06-2008, 10:38 AM
shotguns on rsv2 completely turn the word 'skill' out of existence. you get some one with a tactical firing at you in so close quarter maps theres no way they can miss. and then afterwards you get some person boasting to you about how they 'owned' you with a shotgun... anyone agree

FirePhucka
07-06-2008, 12:17 PM
not me.

MD_Sennet
07-06-2008, 12:29 PM
No they're not ruining the game.

They *should* be the best option in extreme close quarters (like Villa) because of the increased damage radius. And in longer range combat, they should be less effective, which they are.

Generally I find that if you are getting beat by shotgun users alot, it's because you are not as quick to the trigger as they are. In which case they could be using a Scorpion an it wouldn't matter.

Luckily, reaction time can improve with practice.

Techbone
07-06-2008, 01:12 PM
Hosts using shotguns are ruining the game beause for some reason they can see you before you see them.

ChronicCritic
07-06-2008, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by MD_Sennet:
No they're not ruining the game.

They *should* be the best option in extreme close quarters (like Villa) because of the increased damage radius. And in longer range combat, they should be less effective, which they are.

Generally I find that if you are getting beat by shotgun users alot, it's because you are not as quick to the trigger as they are. In which case they could be using a Scorpion an it wouldn't matter.

Luckily, reaction time can improve with practice.

^^^^^ DITTO^^^^^

G3CKO_o
07-06-2008, 04:31 PM
Except the AI snipe you with it in TH or campaign with the spas 12

deadsilent80
07-06-2008, 08:13 PM
the 500 tactical can be cheap.in multiplayer.its seems it needs some tweeking.

ERN456
07-06-2008, 08:26 PM
In my opinion the weapon thats ruining the game is the FAMAS shotguns arent really a problem for me I dont use them but I know how to counter them without another shotgun.

klownsnypr
07-06-2008, 08:30 PM
In fact we need more shotguns. I am being serious, I have a Model 11 Remington 16g that would be an awesome shotgun. My grandfather has a 12g 1100 sportsman that would be great too. That only beef that I could see people having, which is also the best reason for having it in the game, is that these two shotguns are Semi-Automatic. They would function very similar to a XM-26 but instead of being clip fed they are tube fed. Also they would work alot better than the XM-26 due to the fact that the XM-26 is primarily a door breaching weapon and isn't designed to be lethal.

Now having said that they are much better than the XM-26 and would have a similar range to the 870MCS there is only one catch. Normally during hunting with these shotguns one is only allowed to be able to have 3 shells in the shotgun at one time. Two in the tube and one in the chamber.

There is a plug that you can take out to increase the capacity to 4 or 5 in the tube. The 16g I have fits 5 in the tube while the 12g I imagine will only hold about four. I have yet to take the plug out but the feed tube on it is shorter than the 16g.

Another matter that a buddy of mine and I talked about is that we should be able to choose what kind of ammo to use in our weapons. At first we were talking about shotguns and shotgun shells. Birdshot, Buckshot, Slugs, and all the different kinds available to those catergories. Then we started to talk bullets and grains, obviously we had to much time on our hands, but in theory it sounds like a good idea. The only drawback to said idea is the sheer amount of data aquisition required for the developers to gather which we all know will not happen. I am not going to bad mouth UBI but I will say that this idea would be far above their quality control.

Now that has been said I will post this idea that we had in another thread for discussion.

AntiPersonnel
07-06-2008, 08:35 PM
The only drawback to said idea is the sheer amount of data aquisition required for the developers to gather which we all know will not happen. I am not going to bad mouth UBI but I will say that this idea would be far above their quality control.
its too bad. because Redstorm were able to put selectable ammo in Rogue Spear and it was awesome

klownsnypr
07-06-2008, 08:39 PM
Wasn't that when Red Storm wasn't under UBI's thumb though?

AntiPersonnel
07-06-2008, 08:45 PM
yes. that was the old redstorm (original employees). at the time, independent of Ubi.

klownsnypr
07-06-2008, 08:58 PM
Then my point still remains valid right?

ORSI would have gone the mile to create a great game, aka Ghost Recon and RB6, but ubi is like a japanese company making cheap copies of popular automobiles.

Mr.Hanky2005
07-06-2008, 09:25 PM
How can you complain about a shotgun doing as it's supposed to do? The shotgun is the superior option for close quarters, and if it kills you in close quarters, it is fulfilling it's job.

Lethal1940
07-06-2008, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Mr.Hanky2005:
How can you complain about a shotgun doing as it's supposed to do? The shotgun is the superior option for close quarters, and if it kills you in close quarters, it is fulfilling it's job.

I agree!!

I have hunted with a 12 gauge shotgun with both "00" and "000" buckshot. It will easily kill a deer or hog to 40-50 yards and beyond!!
They are very deadly at close range!

Beyond 50 yards you will start getting too much spread to be accurate.

G3CKO_o
07-06-2008, 11:02 PM
500 could use some tweaking, but the FAMAS should be looked into for sure.

ERN456
07-06-2008, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by G3CKO_o:
500 could use some tweaking, but the FAMAS should be looked into for sure.

I agree and so should the P90 be looked into both guns are supposed to have a high ammount of recoil but Ive tested them and they dont have that much recoil.

MD_Sennet
07-07-2008, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by AntiPersonnel:
its too bad. because Redstorm were able to put selectable ammo in Rogue Spear and it was awesome
Raven Shield had selectable ammo as well. FMJ and Hollow Points for the SMGs and ARs, as well as buckshot for the shotty's.