PDA

View Full Version : Can I run Fraps while playing SC:CT/DA without lag?

The_Niar-Guy
04-06-2007, 04:26 AM
Hi,
I have downloaded the demo of Fraps (a video-capture program, as you might know), but when I start to record, my game (SChttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gifA/CT) begins to lag very much.
I have tried to turn down the Fps, and taking off sound-capture, but it didn't help.
Is there any way, that I can get an unlaggy experience, while running Fraps and playing SC:CT/DA (online), at the same time? - or should I get an other program for it?

My specs:
Windows XP (of course)
Pentium 4 3,4 Ghz (L2 Cache - or something..)
1535 MB RAM
GeForce 7600 GT

The_Niar-Guy
04-06-2007, 04:26 AM
Hi,
I have downloaded the demo of Fraps (a video-capture program, as you might know), but when I start to record, my game (SChttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gifA/CT) begins to lag very much.
I have tried to turn down the Fps, and taking off sound-capture, but it didn't help.
Is there any way, that I can get an unlaggy experience, while running Fraps and playing SC:CT/DA (online), at the same time? - or should I get an other program for it?

My specs:
Windows XP (of course)
Pentium 4 3,4 Ghz (L2 Cache - or something..)
1535 MB RAM
GeForce 7600 GT

scworld
04-06-2007, 06:41 AM
CT: yes
DA: no

Lower your resolution.

The_Niar-Guy
04-06-2007, 06:45 AM
I already tried to lower the resolution, but it didn't really help. Are there other things i could do? - maybe an other program?

The_Niar-Guy
04-06-2007, 06:46 AM
I have already tried to lower the resolution, but it didn't really help. Are there any other programs that I can use?

Chiles4
04-06-2007, 11:07 AM
I experienced the same lag while running Fraps and SCCT on a fairly powerful rig. I'm guessing you need a fairly uber-dual-core rig to pull this off. I was never able to get it to work to the point where it was worthwhile to run.

I did record about 5 seconds of Sam hanging from the edge of the lighthouse - ended up with a 75MB file.

scworld
04-06-2007, 11:49 AM
Fraps records raw avi data. You'll need to encode it. A 10 min run at 800x600 will take around 10GB of diskspace.