PDA

View Full Version : If you're into realistic games

SirSmokeal0t
03-01-2005, 08:05 AM
Yay, my first topic, lol. Anyways. If you're into realistic games you should definitely try out 'Trespasser'. This game is soooo realistic that you even have to twist, turn and tilt your wrist to line up the iron sights when shooting. If you want to pick something up, you gotta move to it, stretch your arm and grab it. If you don't co├┬Ârdinate your moves precisely, you might end up pushing the object away with your hand. This may sound difficult, but it's actually pretty easy getting used to. Next, there is no health bar or ammo counter. You'll have to memorize the amount of bullets left when picking up a fully loaded gun. You can let your character estimate the amount of ammo left by weighting the weapon. Of course, the estimation is off most of the time, and with handguns it's never really accurate. It works best with (sub)machine-guns and such, then she can weight the mags for a pretty good hunch of how much ammo is left. Next, if you're jumping alot or running really fast for a certain time, you might drop your gun.... If you're walking past a wall, your hand might hit it with the possibility of losing your gun.... If you walk into an object with a stretched arm, you'll lose the gun.... If you keep firing while falling to the ground, or for example when you're strafing and your arm hits let's say a tree (given that the gun doesn't drop out of your hand), there's a chance the gun might twist a bit out of your hand, or your hand just bends in an unforeseen way, causing you to hit yourself. This has happened to me a few times. I was shooting at a raptor, and strafed against a tree with my wrist. The H&K MP5-Kurz flipped in front of my face and, well, you know the rest. Next, if you walk past sharp corners, for example a rusted down car, you'll hurt yourself. Next, you can pick up practically anything, if you want to kill a dino by throwing rocks at it's head, go for it. If you don't have a weapon, you can pick up a plastic piece from a ripped up chem-toilet and use it to fend off attackers. Next, fire-arms have recoil. And you should aim accordingly to gravity and wind. The only thing that might be a bit lame is the fact that your character can hold heavy weaponry in just one hand, arm stretched. Other than that, it's a great game. And you should definitely pick it up if you're interested in realistic games. Keep in mind though, you'll need to do some patching and figure out some compatibility configurations if you're running Windows XP.

Edit: I forgot, when the gun drops on the ground there's a chance it might go off. Killed me once, in a mountain level i ran across an un-even terrain and it dropped. Went off and killed me, lol.

SirSmokeal0t
03-01-2005, 08:05 AM
Yay, my first topic, lol. Anyways. If you're into realistic games you should definitely try out 'Trespasser'. This game is soooo realistic that you even have to twist, turn and tilt your wrist to line up the iron sights when shooting. If you want to pick something up, you gotta move to it, stretch your arm and grab it. If you don't co├┬Ârdinate your moves precisely, you might end up pushing the object away with your hand. This may sound difficult, but it's actually pretty easy getting used to. Next, there is no health bar or ammo counter. You'll have to memorize the amount of bullets left when picking up a fully loaded gun. You can let your character estimate the amount of ammo left by weighting the weapon. Of course, the estimation is off most of the time, and with handguns it's never really accurate. It works best with (sub)machine-guns and such, then she can weight the mags for a pretty good hunch of how much ammo is left. Next, if you're jumping alot or running really fast for a certain time, you might drop your gun.... If you're walking past a wall, your hand might hit it with the possibility of losing your gun.... If you walk into an object with a stretched arm, you'll lose the gun.... If you keep firing while falling to the ground, or for example when you're strafing and your arm hits let's say a tree (given that the gun doesn't drop out of your hand), there's a chance the gun might twist a bit out of your hand, or your hand just bends in an unforeseen way, causing you to hit yourself. This has happened to me a few times. I was shooting at a raptor, and strafed against a tree with my wrist. The H&K MP5-Kurz flipped in front of my face and, well, you know the rest. Next, if you walk past sharp corners, for example a rusted down car, you'll hurt yourself. Next, you can pick up practically anything, if you want to kill a dino by throwing rocks at it's head, go for it. If you don't have a weapon, you can pick up a plastic piece from a ripped up chem-toilet and use it to fend off attackers. Next, fire-arms have recoil. And you should aim accordingly to gravity and wind. The only thing that might be a bit lame is the fact that your character can hold heavy weaponry in just one hand, arm stretched. Other than that, it's a great game. And you should definitely pick it up if you're interested in realistic games. Keep in mind though, you'll need to do some patching and figure out some compatibility configurations if you're running Windows XP.

Edit: I forgot, when the gun drops on the ground there's a chance it might go off. Killed me once, in a mountain level i ran across an un-even terrain and it dropped. Went off and killed me, lol.

MP5professional
03-01-2005, 08:38 AM
jesus, use "enter" button once and awhile..

SirSmokeal0t
03-01-2005, 08:49 AM
I'm not writing an essay here, little whiner. You always just have to b$tch about something don't you? The grammar is as correct as Dutchly possible, yet you still have to find something to whine about. You could see this as me 'talking', like a short story. It's not an article, little brat. Go pout or something.

jasktae22
03-01-2005, 08:56 AM
MP5 your a ***, who makes fun of posting on a forum. thats pretty noob. Sirsmokes ill check that game out, seems pretty cool.

jd-scrubs
03-01-2005, 08:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SirSmokeal0t:
I'm not writing an essay here, little whiner. You always just have to b$tch about _something_ don't you? The grammar is as correct as Dutchly possible, yet you still have to find something to whine about. You could see this as me 'talking', like a short story. It's not an article, little brat. Go pout or something. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wont think hes whining SirSmoke, your first post is pretty hard to read.

OnTopic: Trespasser sucked, wtf is up with that arm? lloll http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif i played it for 20mins and gave up, made me wanna rip my own knob off, no joke http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

SirSmokeal0t
03-01-2005, 09:07 AM
Dude, i've read posts that are twice as big as mine. You just read from SIDE TO SIDE. What's the problem with that?! Side to side, one line at a time. Can't you even get that right?! Cuz you need some serious help if you can't. I read stuff like this all the time on the net, so don't go and surprise me by telling me i'm a super-human.

On Topic: There's nothing wrong with the arm, you just need to get used to it. Like the topic says, if you're INTO/INTERESTED in realistic games...
If you're not, than you'll obviously think Trespasser sucks, because it simply takes a while to get used to. I played it and i loved it, this game made me reinstall it again recently. To me, it's that good.

Axel40
03-01-2005, 10:33 AM
You're on a winde up mission right?

No one go near this game with a 10 foot barge pole, it's the biggest pile of **** going. I think it got about 3 on Gamespot and that was generous.

No, I have not played it either but I know of it from the old days, simply one of the worst games around.
save your money or spend it on something better, like a gun to shoot yourself with for even thinking this game is remotley worthwhile.

Axel

SirSmokeal0t
03-01-2005, 12:34 PM
Hmm, very strange. I've read the review, and the guy there mentions all kind of strange sh$t i've never encountered or experienced. I think it's because of a US - EU version difference. Because i've never seen "a single raptor", i always got ambushed by a 'squad'.

The environments weren't boring at all, they were beautifully rendered and had all sorts of outposts, wreckages, survival remains, dino herds. Not to mention the amount of stuff to mess around with, (it had a neat physics engine)etc etc. Don't really understand the boring environment rant.

As for the 'arm-doing-weird-stuff' part, i've never had any problems at all with this. The reviewer says it bends in un-humanly ways n stuff, never seen it happening. And there's the bugs. Trust me, if there would have been a huge Brachiosaur crashing down from about 50ft (as this reviewer claims), i would have noticed it. If there would've been a pack of Brachiosaurs impaled on trees, i would've noticed it and laughed my @ss of thank you very much.

I've only had a few box puzzles, and didn't have much trouble with it. I just don't get it. The reason i bought the game years ago, is because it got praised sky high by every mag and got my notice.

So the only logical explaination i have for you ppl hating the game, is that there has to be a difference between the US and EU version. I also remember an American patch of about 30 MB screwing up my Trespasser.exe, so i guess you guys got the unfinished/unpolished version.

Anyways, if you're going to buy the game, make sure it's the EU version. Or you could try the US one and download the patch. I honestly don't know what it does, since i couldn't use it. Thanks for bringing that up Axel, wouldn't want ppl to get the sh$tty version cuz of my rant lol ^_^

(OMG! LOOK! I USED THE 'ENTER' BUTTON!!11!!111, you guys must be so happy now!!!!)

Axel40
03-01-2005, 12:59 PM
uh-ho, I think he's serious http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Axel

SirSmokeal0t
03-01-2005, 01:03 PM
Uhm, what was that suppose to mean? I don't get it.

MaceMagoo
03-01-2005, 01:12 PM
This is never the Trespasser that came out about 10 years ago and was set in a Jurassic park setting?

I tried the demo way back then and it was bad.

SirSmokeal0t
03-01-2005, 01:14 PM
I'm 100% sure the demo was from the US version, which was riddled with bugs because there's an 30+ MB patch for it. So no surprises there, my EU version has always worked perfectly fine, the graphics were nice, and it never ever got dull.

youngster04
03-01-2005, 02:18 PM
hmm....well first of all lets stop the flaming. Now i dont think this game would be to "realistic" if your throwing rocks at dinosoars, but anyway. I wouldnt pay shi# for a game like that. Srry but im not gona waste my time trying to pick up a gun on the floor with the gams hands and im not gona bother dropping my gun every few times i run too much. That game is cr@p. Dont get it. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/353.gif

orange_koolaid
03-01-2005, 02:30 PM
What are you talking about?

I fight dinosaurs ALL the time. And everytime my hand hits something, I drop whatever is in it. What planet are YOU from, Mister?

Ninja_WrEcK
03-01-2005, 03:49 PM
yah if you like realistic SUCK GAMES you might be intrested but no...that game looks horrible my friend HORRIBLE...

nova006
03-01-2005, 04:02 PM
stop the flaming just becouse you dont like it dosent mean its bad you just have diferent likes and a diferent point of view sounds kinda cool to try out... i wouldent buy it becouse i HATE dynosuar games were you fiht raptors and stuff but if he likes it great for him but i dont under stand how if you run to much you drop you gun im in canadian army reserves and i do ALOT of runing with a big light machine gun the c9 (im an automatic rifleman good fun http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif ) and i dont drop it all the time... i never drop it

jd-scrubs
03-01-2005, 04:06 PM
SirSmoke.

You have got into a hissy fit over nothing, simple said it would be EASIER to read if you did paragraphs, not saying we cant read it untill you do it, we were simply suggesting.Thats it.

Cool http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif?

SirSmokeal0t
03-01-2005, 04:06 PM
What a bunch of n00bs you are, the game prolly costs nothing IF you can find it anyways. You guys prolly don't like the Megaman X series or Super Metroid either. Stupid n00bs. If a person that has never ever holded a gun starts to run over an un-even terrain he is very prone to losing it. And if you walk past a wall, nature's physics prevent it from going through it. So when your hand is relaxed and bumps into something it tends to release the object it's holding. Gawd, i've dropped stuff without even bumping into something, christ. And it's based on Jurassic Park yes, it's fictional duh! The gameplay is what's making it realistic. I have had a whole lot of fun with the game and i'm not the only one. There's forums with a whole bunch ppl who still think the game is awesome. It's thanks to the likes of you that such gems like Breakdown (for example) never see a sequel...

Edit: Np JD, it's just that i've never had any stupid comments like these when writing big posts, anywhere. So i got kinda pissed off, but never mind. If it helps you guys with reading it, then so be it. *Darth Vader breathing*

jd-scrubs
03-01-2005, 04:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SirSmokeal0t:
It's thanks to the likes of you that such gems like Breakdown (for example) never see a sequel... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That quikly prompted me to do a search of Breakdown, as i never heard of it before, only thing i roughly remember about the game is that its by Namco if i remember correctly.anway

Hes a screenshot of Breakdown

http://www.nlgaming.com/showPic.asp?ShowPic=/games/1845/nlg-image6.jpg

I must say the game does look very tasty

SirSmokeal0t
03-01-2005, 04:31 PM
OMG! You're first one i encounter that doesn't know much about Breakdown, but does remember Namco developed it! Kudo's to you my friend (which you truly are as of now ^_^) Anyone who's not being negative about Breakdown is my brother in arms. Nice pun btw http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

digital10101
03-01-2005, 04:41 PM
I never heard of break down b4 this either.

SirSmokeal0t
03-01-2005, 04:47 PM
Well, i am going to say that this is the best game ever made. And other ppl are going to say it sucks horribly. Gamespot gave it a 7.6, but the user rating is at 8 (hahaha, i've been tracking this game ever since the release, and never stopped doing so lol!). It's not anything like Trespasser, well maybe a bit, but certainly not as real-life as Tresp. Breakdown is a great game with some awesome sequences, some might say it has it flaws. But if all games with flaws were as good as Breakdown, i'd buy em all.

jasktae22
03-01-2005, 04:51 PM
Since when did Canada have an Army, let alone reserves http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

jd-scrubs
03-01-2005, 04:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jasktae22:
Since when did Canada have an Army, let alone reserves http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm...heh

RMC.SBS
03-01-2005, 04:56 PM
Costa Rica's got NO army...Saw that on "place in the sun" on channnel 4 with the new lush blonde presenter http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

SirSmokeal0t
03-01-2005, 04:58 PM
I don't know much about Canada, but i suppose they do have an army.

jd-scrubs
03-01-2005, 04:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RMC.SBS:
the new lush blonde presenter http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which ones that then http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif lol

RMC.SBS
03-01-2005, 05:08 PM
http://www.rdfmanagement.com/clients/images/pic_v_hollingsworth_lg_01.jpg

dawgpound14
03-01-2005, 05:44 PM
People drop guns when going over rough terrain?

Is the handle covered in bacon fat?

SirSmokeal0t
03-01-2005, 05:47 PM
Awwww nooooooo dude, please, i beg of you, read my posts properly. Ppl that never ever holded a gun will lose it when running away from danger (as in Trespasser), panicking, and whatnot, especially when going over rough terrain yes. Even soldiers in WWII that panicked deliberately threw their weapon/equipment away. *big, big sigh*

jd-scrubs
03-01-2005, 05:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RMC.SBS:
http://www.rdfmanagement.com/clients/images/pic_v_hollingsworth_lg_01.jpg <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hello http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/heart.gif

*smooths eye brows and tries to look cool*

jd-scrubs
03-01-2005, 05:49 PM
Awwww nooooooo dude, please, i beg of you, read my posts properly. Ppl that never ever holded a gun will lose it when running away from danger, panicking, and whatnot. Even soldiers in WWII that panicked deliberately _threw_ their weapon/equipment away. *big, big sigh* <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is why ppl invented Gun straps.

A_J_C_N
03-01-2005, 05:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MP5professional:
jesus, use "enter" button once and awhile.. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hahahha yeh i'm not even gonna read it

jd-scrubs
03-01-2005, 05:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by A_J_C_N:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MP5professional:
jesus, use "enter" button once and awhile.. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hahahha yeh i'm not even gonna read it <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You may of just awoken the beast from its nest in which it was resting.

Anybody else know what im on about?, coz i sure as hell dont.

SirSmokeal0t
03-01-2005, 05:53 PM
Uh huh, as if i'm forcing ppl with a gun to their heads to f***'in read all of my posts!

Well how nice of you re-light my fire JD (pun obviously intended). SirSmokeal0t calling to all sh$theads that have nothing better to do than complain about a post without alinea's which they are not even forced to f***'in read!!!!!. Never! Ever! Has anyone complained about the lack of use of this g@yish 'enter' button in my large posts. YOU JUST READ FROM SIDE TO F***'IN SIDE! ONE LINE AT A TIME! How hard could that be?! Huh?! Side to side, just like when you move your head like that when someone asks you if you have any common sense. It's that PS2 Con-gun that functions as a bong, cuz otherwise i'd say all of guys are either f***'in stoned, mentally insane or both! I'm typing and clicking my @SS OFF to keep my posts as grammatically correct as Dutchly possible. YET YOU STILL HAVE TO WHINE ABOUT A POST YOU'RE NOT EVEN FORCED TO READ!!!!!! DIG A GRAVE, GO SIT IN IT AND WAIT TILL IT SERVES IT'S PURPOSE! OR GO TO H3LL, I'LL JOIN YOU AND WE'LL HAVE FUN TALKING ABOUT ENTER BUTTONS, TYPOS, GRAMMER, SPELLING AND HOW EVERYONE'S FORCED TO READ EVERY POST!!!! Now, i'm having a smoke, and don't care about this post's spelling, grammar, construction or whatever. You can all go to h3ll cuz i got a cig and i'm gonna relax and enjoy it. Bye bye, and thank for contributing to this forum! [insane smile]

jd-scrubs
03-01-2005, 05:54 PM
Heh, told ya.

dawgpound14
03-01-2005, 05:54 PM
Awwww nooooooo dude, please, i beg of you, read my posts properly. Ppl that _never ever holded a gun_ will lose it when running away from danger (as in Trespasser), panicking, and whatnot, especially when going over rough terrain yes. Even soldiers in WWII that panicked deliberately _threw_ their weapon/equipment away. *big, big sigh* <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The panicking part...I'll give you.

But the first time I played paintball it was on REALLY rough terrain. I didnt drop my gun. It's a bit lighter, but holding on to a gun aint that hard on rough terrain.

But the panicking part...I guess you got me there.

SirSmokeal0t
03-01-2005, 06:04 PM
Dude, i didn't try to get you. I was just trying to explain something. But never mind, you actually replied in a friendly way. Thanks bro.

To all: feel free to report my previous post. It's always fun to see the badguy getting taken away.

Vash1051
03-01-2005, 07:32 PM
**** that game is old....and the graphics were ok for its time but today they are horrid. I agree the game did have a good physics engine and shootin was fun n all...but i got stuck soo many times. I should pull it out and play it. lol

SirSmokeal0t
03-01-2005, 07:37 PM
Very true, compared to today's games, Trespasser is scrap. But that doesn't take away the fact that it's a true classic. I don't know 'how' you got stuck (literally or just as in dunno where to go) though, lol. And yeah, i've been trying to get the game running on XP, got it going now but crashed randomly. And btw, nice avatar and name, i love that series. The Human Typhoon/Vash the Stampede kicks @ss http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif And i keep telling you that Kurt kicks @ss even more, but somehow you never notice lol XD