PDA

View Full Version : I need help!

victorhaldana
10-18-2011, 10:27 PM
Hey, guys. I've got an issue that has been stumping me since I picked up Rocksmith after work today. I hope someone can help me with this, as I'm completely out of ideas...

When I plug my guitar into the PS3 via the provided audio cable, I don't get any audio when I strum. That is, the guitar is making noise like it normally does, but it's not coming out via the surround sound setup. But when I touch the guitar with my hands, I get a ton of loud static. So, to recap: I strum the guitar with a pick, nothing. I touch the strings with my hand, static. It also happens if my hands touch any metal part on the guitar.

Now, I've tried two different guitars (a Fender Strat and a Johnson) and they both have the same issues. Both play just fine when hooked up to my guitar amp, so I don't think it's the guitar. I think it's the provided cable. When I touch the tip of the cable, STATIC. When my dog sniffed the cable and touched his nose to it, STATIC.

The internet says that it could be because the guitars are not grounded right, but two guitars?! It's gotta be the cable, right?

Please help! I wanna start rocking out ASAP!

Coda05
10-18-2011, 11:31 PM
I have the same problem, i posted something similar, before i seen u had already. If anything, we are pioneers so that the next set of people will b able to find an answer much easier and faster than we are. Unfortunately i have not found a solution but to simply go back where i got it tomorrow and ask for a replacement cable.

ZumaRocks
10-19-2011, 04:26 AM
I would make sure nothing else is plugged into to the USB ports. I heard of people getting nasty feedback from the Move camera.

Also, did you go through the setup process?

Mr.Meist
10-19-2011, 08:50 AM
turn your volume knobs up

Coda05
10-19-2011, 11:01 AM
This is what i have tried with no solution, i share the same problem....in no particular order.....
Removed the cables from my stereo
Tried using the stereo
Tried using component cables
Tried HDMI
Disconnected headphones
Turning volume up on guitar
Not using my tv for sound
Using tv for sound
Changed the audio setting on my ps3 (the ones recommended in the setup)
Put TV on game mode
Turning mic settings off in ps3 settings
Turning everything else off but ps3 and tv
Ive tried all 3 Best Better Good Setups
I do not own an eye or a move btw

rmfroyd
10-19-2011, 11:03 AM
Is this the guitar that came with the game, or your own personal guitar?

If you have access to an amp plug it into an amp and see if it works.

If it doesn't work in the amp, then you probably have a loose wire in your jack, or from your pickups.

Coda05
10-19-2011, 11:14 AM
Real guitar and it works in the amp fine.
No hissing, no distortion, no noise, its clean.

Korey191
10-19-2011, 01:35 PM
Sounds like you might have a bad cable. Mine has worked just fine since the first time I plugged it in.

victorhaldana
10-19-2011, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Smartieblue:
This is what i have tried with no solution, i share the same problem....in no particular order.....
Removed the cables from my stereo
Tried using the stereo
Tried using component cables
Tried HDMI
Disconnected headphones
Turning volume up on guitar
Not using my tv for sound
Using tv for sound
Changed the audio setting on my ps3 (the ones recommended in the setup)
Put TV on game mode
Turning mic settings off in ps3 settings
Turning everything else off but ps3 and tv
Ive tried all 3 Best Better Good Setups
I do not own an eye or a move btw

Same thing here. It's a pain. I'm gonna try to exchange it tomorrow after work.

Coda05
10-19-2011, 06:59 PM
Well i got a new cord, now to get off work and see if it will do anything....
tick tock 2 hours...

Coda05
10-19-2011, 09:39 PM
cord replaced.....FINALLY!!!!
that was the problem
bad real tone cable
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
that and my leafs won!!! Double happy http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Kitlerc
10-20-2011, 06:02 AM
Originally posted by Smartieblue:
cord replaced.....FINALLY!!!!
that was the problem
bad real tone cable
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
that and my leafs won!!! Double happy http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Glad to hear that your problem was fix.

Not glad to hear that it happened at all though, I hope it isn't a common occurrence.

FrostCerberus
10-30-2011, 09:24 PM
hey guys, i've been having the same problem, my guitar work fine plugged to the amp, but it doesnt make sound when i try to play rocksmith some times it captures some notes but then i loose it again, i tryed with my friends guitar and it works perfectly, now i dont know what to do is it the cable? the game? or the guitar?

pmarauder1
10-31-2011, 12:19 PM
try turning up the volume on the guitar, it wont work for me if the sound knob is turned down