PDA

View Full Version : AC2 requirements for PC? (Search doesn't help)

notasquirrel
11-17-2009, 04:18 PM
Hi, first off I've searched and not found anything, though I would think this would have been asked before...

Any idea what the PC hardware should be to match or exceed the gameplay on the PS3?

My laptop played AC1 smooth as silk, so I guess the big question is whether AC2 needs much more. The laptop would only go to 720p though.

I could pick up the PS3 version now or wait 4-5 months for PC. If my system is strong enough to play in full HD, I want to wait.

I was going to wait until the game came out and see if others could play it smoothly, but the release delay throws a wrench in that.

Here's what I have, if people don't know general requirements:

Laptop: Core2 Quad 2.3ghz with QuadroFX 3700 and 8GB RAM.
(pretend Quadro FX 3700 is Geforce 9800.)

Workstation: Dual Core i7 2.4ghz, Geforce GTX260, 24GB RAM.

caswallawn_2k7
11-17-2009, 04:49 PM
no requirements have been released but the desktop should play it fine, but my theory on it is if you could play AC1 fine you should be ok with AC2 as not much has changed engine wise.

notasquirrel
11-17-2009, 04:57 PM
Cool, that's a perfect comparison.

So there's new gameplay, new missions and content etc. but they haven't like doubled the crowd density or added dynamic blowing hair. (Physically-simulated shoe friction on rooftops?) http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Sounds like I should load AC1 on the big workstation and see if I can get 1080p.

caswallawn_2k7
11-17-2009, 05:10 PM
if the desk top wont run AC2 it will never sell because nothing will run it, AC2 does have some graphics enhancements over AC1 but I doubt it will move the min requirements much as they would be pushing past a large part of the market they want to sell to.

notasquirrel
11-17-2009, 05:37 PM
Oh, I'm sure either system will run the game. I'm trying to guesstimate whether they will run it enough better than the PS3 that it'll be worth waiting 4-5 months.

In AC1, when I saw online videos taken from console play, I noticed that my laptop was getting about double the people on the streets and was showing more detail at longer distances. Mostly I'm just disappointed that all games run at 720p on the PS3, so I'm looking for FULL HD 1080p on the PC. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Also I prefer my games on PC because, for one thing, I have that nice laptop and can play in airport terminals, and when I travel for the holidays. It doubles as my graphics workstation so I'm already carrying it with me.