PDA

View Full Version : cant find ancient rusted key :'(

curefreak
02-07-2005, 07:32 AM
i cant remember if i ever had it but i know ive been to the chest where it was cause its broken now so i must have had it , i really hope i didnt accidently sell it wich would be really stupid of me, can anyone help me out with this pleae???

curefreak
02-07-2005, 07:32 AM
i cant remember if i ever had it but i know ive been to the chest where it was cause its broken now so i must have had it , i really hope i didnt accidently sell it wich would be really stupid of me, can anyone help me out with this pleae???

Rozand
02-07-2005, 07:57 PM
Try Nottle as I recall he had a few keys in his inventory in my game. Other than that you may have to find one of the editor programs online to hack the key in.

curefreak
02-07-2005, 08:13 PM
i checked with nottle and i didnt see any keys as of right now is there a chance he might have some later or maybe there might be someone else who might have some keys? i would really hate to use a hack editor im afraid it might ruin my game

Rozand
02-12-2005, 09:07 PM
You could try going back to where the key should be as some people have said items respawned in their games. Failing that an editor may be your only choice. You could backup your save and character directory in case something goes wrong when you use the editor. So you will lose nothing.

curefreak
02-13-2005, 06:29 AM
how and where do i backup my game and can you give me a link to one of these editors please

Rozand
02-15-2005, 08:32 PM
Sure you need to go into your POR directory and use control and click on the save games directory and the one for the characters then right click your mouse and highlight the copy option. Then you create another folder outside the POR one and name it whatever you wish though PORBkup isn't a bad name. Then you paste it into that. An even easier method is to just make a whole copy of your POR folder and just paste it into a folder named POR2 if you have the extra space and don't want to hunt for specific folders.

As for the editor just go to google or Yahoo or MSN and use the key word POR and editor. You should get enough hits and find it after a little bit of checking.

MDS_Geist
02-17-2005, 11:44 AM
I'm not aware of any inventory editors, unless Ken Baker updated his Blackadder editor. Be wary of editors, since some have been unfortunately infected - so make sure you scan them before executing them.

curefreak
02-21-2005, 01:07 AM
im confused

MDS_Geist
02-21-2005, 07:00 AM
What are you confused about?

curefreak
02-21-2005, 12:26 PM
well you guys cant agree on wither theres an inventory editor

MDS_Geist
02-21-2005, 05:10 PM
Do a google search and see if you can find it. That should settle the issue.

curefreak
02-21-2005, 07:09 PM
meh i guess ill get around to it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Rozand
02-21-2005, 10:56 PM
Well I know several sites had claims of editors but have never used them firsthand. I am quite sure there was one mentioned on the old boards that would hex edit any potion into the desired items.