PDA

View Full Version : Let me tell you!

O_SHOGTUK_O
03-09-2006, 05:26 PM
UBI know exactly how badly lockdown went down. They thought they could do it but i am proud to say the PC community stood their ground! Do not forget they are a company, companies are out to make money and they merely attempted to do this.

Ok, onwards to the future! Lockdown came out nearly 4 years after RVS. If what i read is true, Vegas will come out the same year as lockdown! does this not tell you something? They are trying to save the series and win back their fans! The only dev mentioned in something i read was the lead designer of RVS and the emphasis was put on him being on the RVS team! The fact they mentioned this tells me that they are aiming in an RVS direction because every word used is used for a reason! In the old days, devs made games to the best of the technologies performance. Lockdown was almost like going back in time. Vegas however seems to be using full abilities of present technology (only going off the images of the two operatives and how realistic/detailed they look). I am going to guess that this is going to be a true advance in the series. The whole mentality seems so much more serious. They have obviously learnt so much from lockdown and called back the real guys to do the job. GRAW looks very good as well and the devs who made that seem much more serious than lockdown's. I reckon Vegas will rock...

Someone said forget RS5, fix lockdown... lockdown? forget lockdown. UBI have, make way for a real FPS with the feedback of thousands of FPS fans!

Thump248th
03-09-2006, 07:02 PM
That or they were planning for LD to sell very well and have an immediate follow up of a similar game to ride the wouldbe hype.

But then again, I'm very pessimistic at this point.

dave819831983
03-10-2006, 06:10 AM
I am almost sure that vegas pc ( or whatever its gonna be called) will not be released this year. The consloe version may make it out but it appears that they have been working on that for a while judging from the screenies.

Lockdonw pc was only just released - no games company in the world can make an A grade title (and the R6 franchise is one of these) in less than a year.

Unless ofcourse work had already started on vegas well before lockdown shipped, although I highly doubt this.

O_SHOGTUK_O
03-10-2006, 06:29 AM
If their plan was to make some thing riding on 'Lockdowns success', it would not have looked like a completely different game. They would have emphasised that the devs from the 'smash hit' lockdown were working on it.

I reckon that professionals knew how bad Lockdown was even before the public knew about it properly. Professionals like those who worked on RVS. It has obviously been worked on since before lockdown came out. Im suprisingly optimistic!

Edit: The fact they havnt officaily name it vegas yet says a lot. They obviously understand that the mature (be that age or mentality) gamers are still %80 of the majority of the PC community. Dont you see? They are still working on a title but im sure the actual game/stpryline will be simaler. This means they are actually thinking about us.

deosl
03-10-2006, 07:42 AM
Well the press release indicates that the 360 version will hit the streets this autum.

Now I think they will use extra time to polish the PC version. So I really hope they take their time with the game and not rush it out.

Anyways I hope they will do like in RvS and do a open beta test for MP of PC version. Btw, RvS came out March 2003 = 3 years.

Like you said, forget Lockdown and let's get crakin' on R6:5.

TexasRanger_562
03-10-2006, 10:45 AM
Hey, I am cool even if they delayed the PC release till 2007 or 2008. As long as the PC release is realistic with bright AI, good simulation of recoil, good simulation of weapons and environment...

To release a beta to select PC gamers and getting feedback in the midst of development would be wise and effectve.

But I don't expect a beta to come till late in the year. (if a beta is released at all)