PDA

View Full Version : IS IT THAT HARD TO MAKE A GAME THAT WORKS

mmikej1
03-28-2008, 03:10 AM
I have a few questions. Does our body armor really work in the game??
Ok your friendly AI armor works better then what you have on, why is that. They can take alot of hits.
But when you are online playing and you are shooting a guy that has a T-shirt on you can not kill him.
The way I look at it is that UBI really does not care they made their money, so the hell will us, we are the fools that fell for it again.We got suckered into the little videos that they posted talking about what they had did to the game to make it better.
I tell you what I will be renting a game before I buy one that is for sure. No more getting sucked in. What a joke, we all should just go back to playing Donkey Kong in HD.

Quadx112
03-28-2008, 03:48 AM
The morons even removed the T-shirt from the game, how lame is that! And there is armor missing from Vegas1.

grimace619
03-28-2008, 04:18 AM
too right the Tshirt WAS THE BEST.

And im missing the Raven Recon Elbow Pads WTF!111111

FCK_JohnDoe_
03-28-2008, 05:35 AM
now that they can release broken second rate trash & fix it later,there not bothered with a working title for release day....(we"ll fix it if they complain)
I used to always rent games before i bought them but i thought this next gen gaming couldnt be bad!!!!!!!fool on me & f**k you UBI

Kiddingo
03-28-2008, 06:08 AM
But when you are online playing and you are shooting a guy that has a T-shirt on you can not kill him.

Maybe the guy was a terminator?
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Honestly, I think UBI got a case of Bungie-itus in that they wanted make R6V2 as balanced as possible. But things don't always go as planned.

Lt_Rob
03-28-2008, 03:17 PM
To answer the post topic...

Have you tried before? Because the answer it yes; yes it is hard to make a game that works.

XERAXES
03-28-2008, 03:25 PM
Your situation of not being able to kill someone with no armor is either because of lag or because you missed.

I've tested the armors before with friends. And this is what I've realized:

All armors which offer 1-3 protection are pretty much the same.

All armors which offer 4-6 protection are pretty much the same.

All armors which offer 7-10 protection are pretty much the same.

The only way we found a noticable difference between armors in the same set was to shoot at them with a very weak (and silenced) weapon.

wildcard360
03-28-2008, 03:52 PM
IS IT THAT HARD TO MAKE A GAME THAT WORKS
answer: yes.

showtimederek
03-28-2008, 04:12 PM
Ya cause the T-shirt was the best armor you could have on RSV1 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Rogue__Spear
03-28-2008, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Xeraxes:
Your situation of not being able to kill someone with no armor is either because of lag or because you missed.

I've tested the armors before with friends. And this is what I've realized:

All armors which offer 1-3 protection are pretty much the same.

All armors which offer 4-6 protection are pretty much the same.

All armors which offer 7-10 protection are pretty much the same.

The only way we found a noticable difference between armors in the same set was to shoot at them with a very weak (and silenced) weapon.

You know, EVERYONE and their mother does these tests, but guess what?

Under actual in-game combat conditions, those stats don't mean jack. The lag that a firefight kicks up is too great for the hit detection to handle half the time, rendering such tests moot unless you're on a LAN or some sort of super connection.