PDA

View Full Version : Moronic enemies

Zlatimov
01-18-2008, 09:38 AM
Hello, I start with saying that Assassins Creed is a great game, the graphics are really good and the story and interactivity are spectacular.

The part of the game that nearly ruined the experience, was the repetitive mini quests and the nearly brainless enemies.

It would really make the game better if they released a patch fixing this. atleast so that the Enemies work together and just dont stand and watch while their comrads get killed. It really spoils big parts of the game and make it very very boring at times.

Assassins Creed could have lived up to so much more than what it is right now.

That said I really love this game and there should definetively be a sequel.

Anybody else that agrees with me?

Robbinho1992
01-18-2008, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by Zlatimov:
Hello, I start with saying that Assassins Creed is a great game, the graphics are really good and the story and interactivity are spectacular.

The part of the game that nearly ruined the experience, was the repetitive mini quests and the nearly brainless enemies.

It would really make the game better if they released a patch fixing this. atleast so that the Enemies work together and just dont stand and watch while their comrads get killed. It really spoils big parts of the game and make it very very boring at times.

Assassins Creed could have lived up to so much more than what it is right now.

That said I really love this game and there should definetively be a sequel.

Anybody else that agrees with me?

There has been reasons for said Not-atacking at the same time for guards, but i basically cant be arsed to say it. Was over hyped, but whatcha going to do.

Paladin_1962
01-18-2008, 01:36 PM
Obviously, if 10 or more guards were attacking you at the same time you'd die in seconds.

There's only so much that can be done within a games' combat system to balance ease with difficulty.

After all, you shouldn't even have to hit repeatedly with a sword; one well placed slash would kill anyone instantly.

But, how ridiculously hard and boring would it be if the game were truly 'realistic'?

Obviously, for any gameplay there must be a suspension of disbelief, and allowance for 'not so realistic' combat.

Crash_Plague
01-18-2008, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Paladin_1962:
Obviously, if 10 or more guards were attacking you at the same time you'd die in seconds.

There's only so much that can be done within a games' combat system to balance ease with difficulty.

After all, you shouldn't even have to hit repeatedly with a sword; one well placed slash would kill anyone instantly.

But, how ridiculously hard and boring would it be if the game were truly 'realistic'?

Obviously, for any gameplay there must be a suspension of disbelief, and allowance for 'not so realistic' combat.

I can't even begin about what is right about this post. Everyone should be like this a realize this.

This is exactly my mindset about games, no matter how 'realistic' they are.

fugazi787
01-18-2008, 02:23 PM
I think Ubi did a wonderful job on this game. Looks great, combat is sharp, and the story line is amazing.

The faults I did find with the game were the repeatable citizen missions. A liitle more variety here would have made things 10 times better. For example; one citizen asks you to rescue her daughter from thugs who wanna sell her as a slave. The daughter could be held up in some courtyard or better yet, inside a building that you have to infiltrate. Things like that.

As for this game being a replayable game after completed, I am still debating whether or not to sell my copy as once the story is finished, there is no real reason to continue playing. I could care less about the flags or templar achievements. Although someone did mention that more of the story line is revealed if you collect all flags and kill all templars....but that could just be a rumor.

the_assassin_07
01-18-2008, 02:26 PM
It's a rumour definitely.
The only way you can get more of the story is (whisper it) <span class="ev_code_WHITE">steal Vidic's pen and look at Lucy's emails.</span>