PDA

View Full Version : Errors encountered since v1.6

inappropriate
10-26-2004, 05:52 PM
No Video during the start up introduction movie when Anti Aliasing enabled. Also stuttering sound when this occurs.

During a single player Terrorist hunt against 25 Tango's, the game crashed reporting a general protection fault. Do the bug submition forms still get monitored?

I must say that I noticed a dramatic improvement in frame rate.

inappropriate
10-26-2004, 05:52 PM
No Video during the start up introduction movie when Anti Aliasing enabled. Also stuttering sound when this occurs.

During a single player Terrorist hunt against 25 Tango's, the game crashed reporting a general protection fault. Do the bug submition forms still get monitored?

I must say that I noticed a dramatic improvement in frame rate.

CNR_Morten
10-27-2004, 03:31 AM
The only thing ive noticed so far is sound bugs like no nade sound when it explodes and gun sound are not being played when you shot.
Sometimes the graphics of surfaces´s seems to flicker on and of very fast, these bugs where incountered in multiplayer mode.

venture7004
10-27-2004, 08:25 AM
No real errors here. But I thought exec and set would be removed. This community is being ruined by cheaters.
I hope the dev team will tackle this issue that threatens to drive away the best of this community of gamers. Please, before it's too late!!!

SeanDaMan646
10-27-2004, 04:51 PM
i have been having constant and persistent lockups since 1.6. This patch sucks!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

shadow_stone
10-29-2004, 09:32 PM
I'm very surprised that I'm the only one that raised this issue, but I know great many players that actually complained about it. Personally I hate it!!!!! VERY VERY MUCH. The new aiming X (with and without zoom) a/k/a 'the red'. I'm using Famas, it's a good gun, hard to master, but a good one. Ever since 1.6, I'm unable to aim, cause on my screen the aiming X (especially the 'new' pointers) are so huge that I cant see squad from distance. I was happy with single point, and few very small lines far away. Now I have some **** stupid bars made for noobs, that are supposed to indicate level and god know what else. I will be honest with you, no real gun has this stuff (not that big at least). And most popular aiming pointer is simple cross with small dot in the middle (just like Famas used to have!!!!!). PLEASE FIX IT, PLEASE FIX IT, PLEASE FIX IT.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, just ask me, I will make a screenshot and explain everything.

Thank you.

Rage-SGS
10-29-2004, 09:52 PM
we all know what it is like. if you would just calm down, you could find out that there is a way to change back to the old rets.

-Rage http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

shadow_stone
11-01-2004, 05:21 PM
Thx, but I€m calm. I'm only aggravated... who wouldn't be. Have you tried to do that at all? There are problems if you do. After you sit around in one server you get kicked out due to some error. Why would I want to move back to the 1.56 (where all the haxers are ... even though they already found they way into 1.6)? It is just a very good suggestion, try to make it REAL! Get rid of those additional 'helping' bars for noobs (a/k/a the red) and go back to the old style, or at least come up with some way to be able to change back, without reverting to 1.56.

A personal question: did anyone in UBI have anything to do with weapons, or do you just make it up as you go????????? (Did you at least go on line and research the subject)???????????

inappropriate
11-05-2004, 08:40 PM
A friend who has recently upgrade to 1.6 is now unable fire with mouse1. The key is still correctly bound, but has no effect once the round has started.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Static_Reaper
11-08-2004, 01:21 PM
Well since someone has one going already.

1. The first attempt at patching from 1.56 to 1.6 did not work, the patch said it was successfully installed, but the version in game was still 1.56. This may have had something with the dare.ini and ravensheild.ini files being set to read only due to some tweaks.
2. Launching a server through UBI.com without the CD inserted seems to have screwed something up, as I was then told display.dll was missing and I would need to re-install
3. FPS in game was exceeding the Vsync set limit of 60 FPS and was wildly erratic (9800pro with 4.10 cats, no AA or AF) 1.56 FPS remains constant with the same drivers.
4. Ghost cam no longer functions in Co-Op terrorist hunt on a non-dedicated server.

Negative-1
11-19-2004, 10:04 AM
1. Incompatible version
2. Fraglock (about 1 or 2 times per match)

Still doin nice i see...

JustGotWicked
12-03-2004, 07:52 AM
Frag locks all the time while running forwards and holding sideways at same time when letting go of frag. ie. holding A and W moving forward and left, while holding mouse 2, then clicking mouse 1.
Almost a double kill every round. This used to happen rarely, now it happens almost once a round , 2 players shoot each other at same time and die.
My computer restarts all the time while alt tabbing in and out of RvS and using ubi.com.
No blue screen , no warning just a beep and my box restarting. May have something to do with new Nvidia drivers i installed to play Half Life 2. All me other games still work, ie NFSU2 doom 3 and half life 2. But Raven Shield keeps restarting while im playing online. I have been playin rvs for 3 or so years , its my favorite game of all time. Some one please help me ... Something is majourly wrong......