PDA

View Full Version : Latest South Park takes on Guitar Hero

JJ Rage
11-06-2007, 12:25 AM
http://images.southparkstudios.com/img/content/news/3339a.jpg

STAN AND KYLE ARE HOOKED ON GUITAR HERO
IN AN ALL-NEW "SOUTH PARK"
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 7 AT 10:00 P.M. ON COMEDY CENTRAL.

Stan's superior skills on Guitar Hero damage his friendship with Kyle. An all-new episode of "South Park" titled, "Guitar *****-O," premieres on Wednesday, November 7 at 10:00 p.m. on Comedy Central.

Obsessed with the Guitar Hero video game, Stan and Kyle make a great team and score record points when they play. Stan realizes he has the potential for enormous success if he plays with another partner. He and Kyle break up but, without his friend, Stan quickly folds under the pressure of being a rockstar.

So far, most of the episodes involving video games have been great. Definitely looking forward to this one.

JJ Rage
11-06-2007, 12:25 AM
http://images.southparkstudios.com/img/content/news/3339a.jpg

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> STAN AND KYLE ARE HOOKED ON GUITAR HERO
IN AN ALL-NEW "SOUTH PARK"
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 7 AT 10:00 P.M. ON COMEDY CENTRAL.

Stan's superior skills on Guitar Hero damage his friendship with Kyle. An all-new episode of "South Park" titled, "Guitar *****-O," premieres on Wednesday, November 7 at 10:00 p.m. on Comedy Central.

Obsessed with the Guitar Hero video game, Stan and Kyle make a great team and score record points when they play. Stan realizes he has the potential for enormous success if he plays with another partner. He and Kyle break up but, without his friend, Stan quickly folds under the pressure of being a rockstar. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So far, most of the episodes involving video games have been great. Definitely looking forward to this one.

Magiz
11-06-2007, 04:38 AM
I'll have to check this episode out. It sounds like it could be good.

seductivpancake
11-06-2007, 06:09 AM
If it was anything like the WoW episode, it will be great.

Calyber_FD
11-06-2007, 11:08 AM
Ooo, thanks for posting that. I'll have to DVR that episode.

Ragster6466
11-06-2007, 11:21 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calyber_FD:
Ooo, thanks for posting that. I'll have to DVR that episode. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

X2 I don't really watch South Park but the videogame ones rock haha! Thanks! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Pyra_FD
11-06-2007, 07:37 PM
THANKS SO MUCH for posting that. I am stuck in a hotel room tonight and now I have something to do! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

EDIT:
*doh* I thought today was Wednesday for some reason. Okay so now I have something to look forward to tomorrow night.

Gypsy816
11-06-2007, 08:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pyra_FD:
THANKS SO MUCH for posting that. I am stuck in a hotel room tonight and now I have something to do! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

EDIT:
*doh* I thought today was Wednesday for some reason. Okay so now I have something to look forward to tomorrow night. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

haha yeah I thought today was Wednesday too! And yes, I should remember to watch this.

Ghengis_John
11-07-2007, 02:54 AM
Can you really say it "Takes on" guitar hero? I wasn't aware this was some sort of thunderdome style cage match where only the strongest form of media expression can survive. I mean it's not like guitar hero is a pressing national bandwagon issue with weeping mothers crying by streetside candlelight vigils praying "when will the timed button presses stop?" That's to say there's not really a confrontation here or anything really scathing now is there? It seems more like a device to play up the tumultuous nature of rock bands. If anything one could claim that guitar hero has become so popular that southpark has "succumbed" to it, or one could state "southpark plugs guitar hero" or possibly even "southpark DOES guitar hero" if you don't mind sounding like something hidden away in the back of the mom and pop video store behind a beaded curtain. This all brings to mind when the WoW episode came out I saw "southpark versus World of Warcraft" everywhere, but it's not like blizzard didn't directly condone the project nor wouldn't win anysuch battle with an army of mal-adjusted legal hooligans. I suppose I just can't see the reason why everything has to be seen as some sort of confrontation, guitar hero probably welcomes the free press.

PS: Thanks for the heads up all the same JJ. Looking forward to it.

Pyra_FD
11-07-2007, 08:28 PM
Ahhhhh!!! I liked this episode.

"God damn it dad, get off our Xbox."

"Noooo No I said! Put it back on!!!!"

ROLNIK
11-07-2007, 08:59 PM
World of Warcraft and game sphere episodes were awesome. I'll definitely see this one.

Ragster6466
11-07-2007, 09:15 PM
The episode is sitting downstairs on my DVR; waiting for my parents to turn off the TV so I can watch. No cable in my room but hey I have the 360, it was well worth the swap to me.

ERRRskate151
11-07-2007, 10:24 PM
I was a pretty good episode, not as good as the WoW episode. Which is really something for me to say because I hate WoW and love Guitar Hero. It was really funny at points and I dorked out hardcore on it. Especially when they played John The Fisherman.
Heroin Hero FTW... or is it FTL?

JJ Rage
11-07-2007, 11:54 PM
"I've almost caught the unicorn!"

S-Pac_316
11-08-2007, 10:35 PM
LOL!"You. Are. ***s!!"

Another good episode. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

braiog
11-08-2007, 11:01 PM
On a scale of 1 to 10, that episode hovered around a 1.5.

Never laughed once until the end, and even then I was expecting SOMETHING other than what they were expecting... though I didn't quite see that.

A big step down from where South Park usually is. Maybe this'll strike a chord with Console gamers who can associate with the game.

Ghengis_John
11-09-2007, 12:58 PM
I actually liked the episode braiog, I don't see how it stepped down at all. Massive 80's film structure refrences? Check. Lesson of the day? Check. Mocking a celebrity? Check. Similes between two completely seperate subjects? Check. I suppose if you're a huge Cartman fan there was less cartman than usual. I gotta say though Stan's Dad stole the show.

sarahg47
11-09-2007, 02:14 PM
I enjoyed it.. but it really wasn't that funny to me. Maybe it's just because it's right off the heels of imaginationland... but I dunno. I liked it, but I didn't laugh very much.

The parts I did think were funny: The Thad character. His face is funny, and "Sup." "Yup." .. Priceless.

Stan and Kyle fighting and Cartman, "oh man this is so awesome" as he sips on his drink.

And of course, everything that Stan's dad did. I wish he would pull out his guitar and sing some more.

braiog
11-09-2007, 03:22 PM
Well, my favorite characters in South Park aren't even one of the famous four.

It's Chef's parents.

Their whole stint about "Tree Fiddy" and the "Loch Ness Monsta" (Lord, he was angry!) had me in stitches.

I just didn't relate much to the topic I guess. I've always wondered if I'd like Guitar Hero because there's no doubt it is popular, but by what I've seen, my assumption is that it just isn't my cup of tea.

But to each his own, no doubt.

GGL-PuertoRican
11-09-2007, 04:10 PM
For those who didn't see this episode yet, here you go: http://www.southparkzone.com/episodes/1113/Guitar-*****-o.html

AUmike734
11-09-2007, 07:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by braiog:
Well, my favorite characters in South Park aren't even one of the famous four.

It's Chef's parents.

Their whole stint about "Tree Fiddy" and the "Loch Ness Monsta" (Lord, he was angry!) had me in stitches.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

DUDE!! I love Chef's parents. ROFLMAO!!

ICandee
11-10-2007, 07:09 AM
I'm not a big South Park fan, but I liked this episode. I loved that they did it like an actual rock star's rise and fall via Guitar Hero. Very clever...