PDA

View Full Version : Enemy choices

viratic-troop
09-01-2008, 10:54 AM
In relation to: What sort of enemies topic.

gguest
09-22-2008, 06:30 PM
More options, please...

No Enemies
Humans
Invading Army
etc...

LaurenIsSoMosh
09-28-2008, 05:05 PM
I agree, need more options. A poll that doesn't cover every corner isn't a poll at all. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

I say humans.

If there were monsters in this game, we probably would've already seen them in the trailer.

lostassassin123
09-30-2008, 01:21 PM
Environment!!!

WARxHOUND
11-10-2008, 12:39 PM
how about covenant?

Stealthguy1986
11-24-2008, 04:04 AM
I have been thinking regarding this for a while. I believe this game should feature an unique group of enemies or enemy which can be deadly , frightening and unpredictable, something which the gaming community is unaware or have not seen anything like that before.Also the environment, personal fears and humans will be a good addition to the enemies list.

scottibrahim
11-29-2008, 04:53 PM
Allright guys, lets see it that way, the game is made by ubi, Who, as far as i know, never get in the sci-fi stuff, they tend to make modern warfare and ninja stuff, now lets see the trailer, Adam is a businessman, not a soldier or a ninja, or even a terrorist, so don't expect military ennemys, they would eat him alive, Adam also seem to rely on his brain rather that his muscles, wich can mean Zombies, but i doubt it, since in zombie game there is never such destruction, finally, there is the "Other lucky guy" ennemy, other survivors, when they are alone you can take them out using a baseball bat or something, when they are in gang you'd better run and think of a plan before they kick your a*s, that kind of ennemy seem the most probable, the world collapse and the survivors must kill or be killed, make sense, doesn't it?

Sh1ver
12-03-2008, 07:15 AM
For the sake of argument, lets say they did involve the military somehow, (maybe a rogue group or now turned bandit recon force) I think the way this game is going is that you will not be able to fight them. Think first, you are in a city, where are you going to find a gun? I mean sure there are places but there are going to be thousands of others who think of that first. They'll jump all over that before you even have a chance. That said, you will need to obviously sneak by them, avoid them, or trick them. Something to that effect anyways. Environment wise, we'll say you have a limited amount of time you can survive without water, and the longer you spend in direct sunlight depending on the time the faster the limit goes for your hydration. And what about pets, dogs would now become feral or wild, think of New Orleans, after the flooding, packs wild dogs became a major threat to survivors. Crumbling buildings pose a threat in the way of falling debris, or complete collapse altogether! There are so many possibilities in the world they're giving you. Groups of people, lone desperate survivors willing to do whatever they need to to get their water fix like a junkie to heroine. I mean there is so much here without needing to be unrealistic with Zombies and vampires and aliens! I think I'll open a new thread and call it "Realistic Threats" or something haha.
And a note on Stealthguy1986's post, my friend the on thing that we can always count on to be frightening and unpredictable is humans. We we have our backs against the wall we'll do terrible things to get out of the situation. If we're dying of thirst, we'll hide that bottle of water from our friends, if we are in a functioning group, we will do terrible things to the weak and alone.

Zendrix1967
12-03-2008, 02:52 PM
What a man can do, he usually will do. Personally I want this game to only involve civilians, maybe a few squads of soldiers that either will help you or you have to avoid them. And I want it to be violent. I don't want ubi to go soft on the gore or what you can do because I want this game to be an accurate depiction of disaster.

Joe_The_Dragon
12-14-2008, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by viratic-troop:
In relation to: What sort of enemies topic.

If the The Undead are in it then there has to be voting jokes in the game.

canadiansilver
12-14-2008, 04:54 PM
i also agree on the human enemies. something sort of like fallout, just no mutants or large armies. maybe something similar to far cry 2, just less violent and only other survivors and the crumbling city to worry about. looks great already though (alien/zombie acceptions)

humzeez
12-14-2008, 06:06 PM
the world collapse and the survivors must kill or be killed, make sense, doesn't it?

<span class="ev_code_GREEN">I think you should be able to make friends or enemies based on you actions them you can join groups and have like gang battles or leave the wreckage of the city</span>