PDA

View Full Version : The most buggy program I've ever tried to play!!!

evilwest1939
04-22-2011, 10:50 PM
Oh Man! I just installed the boxed version of this program. Waited through the updates. Which thankfully didn't take long. Then found that I can't complete a patrol without a crash ! This game needs a major rework. This (SH5) is a step up in eye candy but two to three steps down in game play. A captain should not have to aim and fire the deck gun unless he wants too. The interface in SH3 was great. The captain gives orders. Go back to SH3 and SH4 for the interface. Keep the eye candy of SH5. Add the type IX and Type XXI even the Type XXIII would be fun. I know the subs have a hard time after 1943 but let the war play on till 1946. Put the RTB back in ! All in all this game was a big let down.

SeaWolfU-57
04-23-2011, 04:20 AM
Unfortunately this has been said and agreed with before
In all honesty what you have said above is what all us sim players
wanted and expected SH5 to be.
You can understand why the feelings of being let down run so high in these forums
but all that said SH5 is what it is after completing the game what else is left because
unlike SH3 you cant just do your own thing.
so welcome to the biggest let down of all time as far as submarine sim players are concerned.

kenkevin0
04-23-2011, 09:57 AM
I've had no negative experience.I love everything that is in the game and its simple.I dont like pressing buttons like in SH3,I like to do these things myself.Only bad thing is that campaign should have been longer.

saipan1972
04-24-2011, 12:07 AM
never had a problem with it. takes a while to get used to climbing the ladder but u can always mod the game for anything u like. i got new uniforms, better wake, etc. check it out...

Matti9514
06-18-2011, 07:14 AM
I really enjoy this game.
And I havent seen more bugs in sh5 than sh3 or sh4 (I own all three games)
and ww2 ended 1945 not 46

rag_dolly
07-04-2011, 11:37 PM
After a lot of resistance I finally relented and bought SH5. First thing I did was look for community mods and the official patches. Settled on Magnum Opus. Loaded first time without any issues. The tutorials are an excellent addition. All the extra controls and features of the mod are outstanding. So far I've had a stable gaming experience.

From what I have experienced so far I think I will enjoy SH5. We all love SH3 GWX3 - a true classic of the subsim genre. Time will tell if I yearn for certain aspects of GWX3 but in reality, if SH5 remains stable I think it will be worth the investment of my time and money.

A stable SH6, taking note of what subsim gamers want (look at Magnum Opus Ubisoft!) would be the way to go. Maybe a U-Boat eye candy version similar to il2 Cliffs of Dover (but not in beta version as COD currently is). Hopefully in the next 4-5 years, I think it will be that magnitude in time.