PDA

View Full Version : Can't chat in private matches (xbox)

centalian
11-19-2008, 07:05 PM
This has been a problem since I bought the game.

I have a friend I've been playing some private matches with, but we can't talk to each other.

We've both checked out settings and everything is fine. NATs are open. We can private chat and chat in other games fine (we tested in GoW2 tonight).

We cannot chat in the lobby. 1v1 or 2v2 with us on the same team.

We cannot chat during the match (RB and highlight the person's name, right?).

He can chat in ToW, I have not played ToW yet (We did set me up in ToW and created a group there, we couldn't chat in ToW either).

We both use a router. Mine is wired and his is wireless.

Anyone have an idea as to what's going on here?

T97
11-19-2008, 09:19 PM
I am having the same issues. Cant even hear the others in the lobby before a match.
Havent tried the TOW mode yet.

T97
11-20-2008, 01:11 PM
I just spoke with Ubi and they know nothing of this.
I don't understand considering my friend and I tried everything to make it work corectly.
Also, I forgot to mention...I played 1 game with some other person online and still...no communication whatsoever.
Could it be the new 360 interface?
An other note...why hasnt anyone else commented on this. It seams to me that this would be a major issue.
Non-Communication on a battle feild?

Stegalin
11-20-2008, 01:33 PM
I just updated the 360 last night. I first tried to do a skirmish - private match with my friend T97 and we could not hear each other in the lobby. we were doing a 2v2.

We decided to go ahead and try the match. once we were in we could not chat at all. I would hold RB and speak, the interface registered that I was speaking but he could not hear me. He said his was doing the same thing.

We tried to go the the TOW to see if it was a problem there. Again I could not hear him in the lobby. I turned my XBox off and went over to his house to see if he could play with others and it work, it did not. He could not hear or communicate with his teamate.

If you cannot communicate with your teamate, you can't coordinate deployments or attacks.

This needs fixed.
Did 360 screw something up with this new interface?

centalian
11-20-2008, 06:26 PM
Seems to be the same with my friend.

He's tried talking to people in ToW and isn't getting responses. It's difficult to verify this, though, since you can't seem to send messages or private chat invites any longer unless the person is a friend.

Papa_Merlin
01-02-2009, 05:14 PM
Any update on this?! Got the game for Christmas as a gift and it's currently a nice doorstop. No need to play it if I can't talk to my teammates!

I've tried everything this side of reseting my 360 to factory defaults. I've reset the HDD cache, performed maintenance, deleted all saved-game files... nothing.

Gilmoro
01-23-2009, 04:15 PM
I'm having the exact same issue. What is going on here? It worked the first time but never again since.

roguewarrior727
01-25-2009, 04:32 PM
The MS Chat Pads can be the problem themselves. I bought chat pad and it was utterly unuseable with this game. Went to take it back, and the store, a local shop that just opened up, a non-national franchise wants to prevent as much returned merchandise as possible, tested it out for me on their system with their copy of the game, in case it was a combo of my Xbox and disc, and it worked fine for them. I took it home for a second try, and the chat pad worked. It was strange.

So - if you are using the chat pad, or the new mic for that matter, it could be some problem with that.

avoiderman
01-26-2009, 03:56 AM
Other than the chat-pad - is your XBox wireless? If so interference on the wireless signal may be dropping bandwidth below the tolerance for voice, so try it wired to your modem/router. Any other lag issues in game?

Tyrant963
03-22-2009, 06:47 PM
I have the same problem, any other hints on how to fix this would be great.