PDA

View Full Version : Ubi, thanks for not allowing offline DLC just learned to play tab

xonload
11-02-2011, 02:40 PM
Lugged my ps3 to the parents and grabbed the 2 correctly priced dlc last night. Now at my apt which I only have internet on my cell phone and found out I cant play dlc offline.

So now I just figured out how to play tab properly and can safely say its just as good if not better than rocksmith and I vow never to buy any more dlc, thanks UBISOFT for saving me some money!

Quite a few android tab readers too

LP68CA
11-02-2011, 02:51 PM
Good luck getting any feedback regarding how well you're playing the tab you just downloaded.

Look, I have plenty of tab. It certainly has its place, but so does Rocksmith, and the DLC.

A good guitarist takes help, feedback, and inspiration wherever he may find it.

DJdarkness73
11-02-2011, 02:52 PM
blame PSN not Ubi. It works offline on the Xbox.

Pancho X1
11-02-2011, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by xonload:
Lugged my ps3 to the parents and grabbed the 2 correctly priced dlc last night. Now at my apt which I only have internet on my cell phone and found out I cant play dlc offline.

So now I just figured out how to play tab properly and can safely say its just as good if not better than rocksmith and I vow never to buy any more dlc, thanks UBISOFT for saving me some money!

Quite a few android tab readers too

Wow, that sucks. I would bet that's more of a PSN limitation than the fault of Ubisoft. do you have that issue with anything else you download? I know that with Xbox live, if I down load something, as long as my profile is logged on, I can play it. but if i'm not logged on and somebody else is logged on the same console, they can only play a trial version of a downloaded game or not access the dlc for something. but if i'm logged in, online or not(same profile used while online and for downloading), everything is accesable.

Pancho X1
11-02-2011, 03:16 PM
actually, now that I think about it, what I said above is not quite right. it's that way if i'm using a console that has a different serial number than the one that the dlc license is associated with. If it's the same, then anyone can access the content, online or not.

caldaar
11-02-2011, 03:34 PM
I haven't purchased the DLC yet, but I can say that it is not a PSN issue. All of my DLC on my console for my other games are available on any sign on online or offline. Not sure why it wouldnt work for this game. Will have to mess with it.

Pancho X1
11-02-2011, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by caldaar:
I haven't purchased the DLC yet, but I can say that it is not a PSN issue. All of my DLC on my console for my other games are available on any sign on online or offline. Not sure why it wouldnt work for this game. Will have to mess with it.

Please let us know what you find out.

r1chard34
11-02-2011, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by PanchoX1:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by caldaar:

Please let us know what you find out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I just checked and no, my Freebird is nowhere to be found.

I'm really getting fed up with Sony.

I need to go to work now to get away from all the "fun" I've been having today

DocSoCal
11-02-2011, 07:15 PM
I had no problem playing both Freebird and Bodysnatchers OFF LINE on my PS3.

raynebc
11-02-2011, 09:52 PM
It's possible that DLC and the bonus pre-order content are being handled differently. Otherwise it could be a bug, I've already posted about a profile handling glitch on this forum regarding the Xbox 360 build of the game.

Kemerock
11-02-2011, 11:32 PM
Interesting problem. I hope it's just an error because forcing me to be connected to the internet to play a song i paid for is a bit twisting my arm. It's bad enough the game won't install itself on the HD and loads everything from the blue ray disk. If i have to re-download the game each time... it's wasting my bandwidth big time. Sure it's not 30 meg the song but still. Useless downloads are not something i like.

Won't judge just yet since i didn't buy a DLC yet. Waiting for "more than a feeling" on the 15th.

caldaar
11-03-2011, 06:08 AM
Ok, so last night I purchased Radiohead Bodysnatchers on my PS3. It let me play it both online and offline, it also allowed me to play on my daughters account which does not have an e-mail associated with it. So, maybe your DLC got corrupted? I would suggest to reattach to the internet and delete and redownload the song.