PDA

View Full Version : Forum Banners and Website

zoozilla
04-01-2007, 03:57 PM
Take a look at the banners for the DA forums, R6: Vegas forums, and the GRAW forums. Notice anything weird? Yeah, that's Russian, and some weird "intelligence" messages flashing. Notice that on the DA website, there is an odd news flash which has nothing to do with the game...April Fools, anyone?

h1kari1980
04-01-2007, 04:23 PM
yep i thought i was the only one seeing it

Iservealot
04-01-2007, 04:32 PM
It seems that all of the major Ubisoft tittle's web pages has an audio news flash that occurs (which seems to be different on every refresh) and there is a general update in text.

Probably has something to do with April fools.

MeloniesHomeboy
04-01-2007, 04:40 PM
But is it random or meaningful? XF

Chinese_Bookey
04-01-2007, 05:04 PM
"And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword." Revelation 6:4

zoozilla
04-01-2007, 05:14 PM
Here's the news that can be found on the various Tom Clancy game websites

SCDA:
Sunday 04.01.07
Southeast, Decimated
In light of enemy force advancement toward Georgia's capital of Atlanta, the southeast coast from North Carolina to Florida has been declared a disaster zone. Key losses in Augusta, Savannah and Tallahassee have forced the federal government to advise all civilians south of Chattanooga, Tennessee and west of the state of Alabama to evacuate. While analysts maintain Atlanta is the linchpin to control of the South, sufficient troops are not available to mount what would be considered an effective counterattack.

R6 Vegas:
Sunday 04.01.07
Water Facility Attacked
Military officials say four people died yesterday when gunmen attempted to raid a water storage facility south of Fond du Lac, Wisconsin. A federal inquiry is underway, but officials refuse to comment on the ongoing investigation. This marks the fourth water related incident in the Great Lakes region since the beginning of the month, when National Guard forces were called away to active duty in the American Southeast.

and Ghost Recon:
Sunday 04.01.07
Death Tolls Continue
A civilian fixed-wing aircraft destined for Shannon International Airport crashed yesterday in southern Ireland, leaving 52 dead, including 12 children, and 14 others wounded. The plane's flight data recorder has not yet been recovered, but sources close to the investigation claim the plane crossed into a Flight Restriction Zone, which was only recently declared by the European Federation Wartime Aviation Administration (EFWAA). Officials could not be reached for comment.

MeanMF
04-01-2007, 05:30 PM
If it was for April Fool's you'd think it would be funny.. It's probably some lame viral marketing thing for a new Tom Clancy game. They just picked a really bad day to launch it.

Aspgin
04-02-2007, 03:06 PM
It'd be kind of strange for this to be they didn't do anything like this last year (that I recall, atleast).

shenryo03
04-03-2007, 04:37 PM
Its not an April Fools joke. Its the start on the unveiling of Splinter Cell 5(thats what i think anyway).On one of those audio news flashs on the main page its says," A counterattack outside the former US capital of Washington DC". Does that tie-in with the SC conviction concept art with the soldiers near the Washington Monument?

xxjusticarxx
04-03-2007, 05:23 PM
Those look like American soldiers to me.

h1kari1980
04-03-2007, 05:35 PM
it looks like sam fihser himself

zoozilla
04-03-2007, 07:33 PM
If this is the unveiling of SC5, why would the same kind of thing be happening for the GRAW and R6 forums too? Maybe the next game of GRAW, R6, and SC will all be interconnected, which would be really cool...does that work, though? Do all of those franchises take place in the same time period?

h1kari1980
04-03-2007, 08:06 PM
nope graw is in 2013 and d.a was in 2008 or 2009

shenryo03
04-03-2007, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by h1kari1980:
nope graw is in 2013 and d.a was in 2008 or 2009
Who knows maybe Sam is hiding from the NSA for 4 years

h1kari1980
04-03-2007, 10:45 PM
maybe

being hidden is sam's job http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Chris_448
04-04-2007, 08:09 PM
in light of wordly matters, that would be a pretty sick april fools day joke; if it is, I can see a lawsuit against the branh of Ubisoft that runs the site

zoozilla
04-04-2007, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Chris_448:
in light of wordly matters, that would be a pretty sick april fools day joke; if it is, I can see a lawsuit against the branh of Ubisoft that runs the site
I think that if it was in fact an April Fool's Joke, it would be taken down by now. Besides, it's just not funny. It's like someone going over to you and saying "5 people died today from a tsunami that demolished hundreds of homes on the island of Oahu. April Fools!" It just doesn't work.

darkhawk978
04-05-2007, 07:57 PM
I dont know why, but Ubisofts Forums are the one forums that I can never remember my login/password http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

I created a new account

Anyways theres a new topic today

Thursday 04.05.07 - General
War Front
American forces have gained a foothold in targeted areas of the Iberian Coast and are pushing troops toward the autonomous Spanish community of Castile-La Mancha. Reportedly reinforcements are expected by week's end. Despite repeated claims by government officials that the scale of the conflict can be contained, reports of rapid force reallocations point to an escalation of hostilities.

I'm sure you all knew but the topic can be linked to a website, just an FYI

darkhawk978
04-05-2007, 08:05 PM
While I'm at it LOL I'm noticing that as a scroll bar thingy is appearing with small lettering, if you right click and zoom in, theres some that are links to Audio Files I'll post the names here in just a sec

darkhawk978
04-05-2007, 08:19 PM
Psychotic Break Threashold-88%; "Sir we have an incoming transmission....."

Zone "L'Axe Historique"- "Bang Bang.........."

Fundamental Attribution Error-"Okay, say Goodbye to Daddy"

Loss of Pride, Goals Unattained- "Due to the high volume of...."

Classified LO 19.20- "We've been ambushed"

0-4 Promotion Recommended- "I need a medic down here now"

Fort Huachuca; AZ- "Authorization Go Green"

Opp: Cape Offensive- "We have a fledger........."

Prep: Final Contrition- " (French Talking) "

Loc Ile de France- "Heavy Fire"

(Let me see if theres an entirely diff set of audio files on the other topic)

SplinterCell920
04-05-2007, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by darkhawk978:
Psychotic Break Threashold-88%; "Sir we have an incoming transmission....."

Zone "L'Axe Historique"- "Bang Bang.........."

Fundamental Attribution Error-"Okay, say Goodbye to Daddy"

Loss of Pride, Goals Unattained- "Due to the high volume of...."

Classified LO 19.20- "We've been ambushed"

0-4 Promotion Recommended- "I need a medic down here now"

Fort Huachuca; AZ- "Authorization Go Green"

Opp: Cape Offensive- "We have a fledger........."

Prep: Final Contrition- " (French Talking) "

Loc Ile de France- "Heavy Fire"

(Let me see if theres an entirely diff set of audio files on the other topic)

In the begining of Psychotic Break Threashold the one guy refers to the other as "Ghost Leader"......mmmmmmmm

Aspgin
04-05-2007, 10:48 PM
rev64.com

Ign mentioned it. I think it has something to do with the site.

zoozilla
04-07-2007, 12:07 AM
Gotta give props to Ubi.... this is one hell of a way to generate hype for a game. By the way, there's a "hidden" forum for the game here. (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/8911019745)