PDA

View Full Version : YOU ALL NEED to SHUT UP please....

vismich
06-26-2006, 05:07 PM
Some of you are just ridiculous....All the crying over the content is just insane. A lot of you sound idiotic....Maybe your young, who knows.

I understand that at the beginning you got more maps. I also understand now they are charging us for more maps....

The FACT is people is that this is a business.

Ghost Recon, at the beginning, was an unkown franchise. NOW it's not. NOW it's a franchise that is in demand.

What do you do in "grown ups world" when something is in demand. You charge for it..PLUS you figure out a way to make as much money off of it as you can.

This is called business.

If you do not see the value in the content, then dont buy it. Ubi is betting that enough people will see the value and buy it.

Xbox live does two things. It's there for us, the consumer to get stuff....And it's there for the merchant, like Ubi, to sell us stuff. The price it...we decide if we want to buy it.

So please shut up..

Choke_A_Smurf
06-26-2006, 05:19 PM
The complainers have unfortunately seen this point of view and many others and just not listened. They only care of themselves and think that the people who spend hours making this content don't deserve a dime.

vismich
06-26-2006, 05:37 PM
I think it even goes beyond that. I see people saying, "It costs a lot to develop these games now".

That may be true, but the FACT of the matter is that any business needs to keep costs down and make a lot of money.

I'm sure the guys doing the "leg work" getting 40 grand a year to make a level a bit less involved...But the dudes that are the investors...The business people, want to make money... When the make money, the guys making the levels make money.

MONEY is the point of making a game for most people working at a company.

Could you imagine if Honda ran their business like you guys want Ubi to run a business?

"Bahh....Just give them XM radio, AC, leather seats, the V6 and the MP3 player for the standard model price...WE DONT CARE ABOUT MONEY"

fenderson
06-26-2006, 05:39 PM
Are you just not reading the threads you are criticizing? In every single thread there a couple of posts saying the exact same thing you just said.

It's NOT about getting content for free, although the PC version does get its content for free. Go to the PC forum and give them speeches on basic economic principles and the costs of doing business.

It's about the precendent this sets for future games, the incentive it gives to publishers to withhold content at release, and it's about how this kind of content splits the online community into haves and have-nots.

For the last time, please, its not about getting everything for free, and it's not about $15 being too much for anybody here to afford.

Really, c'mon now. READ.

illdefined
06-26-2006, 06:14 PM
most of the time, developers could make a LOT more money doing something else. Ubi took on a "gamer-centric" tack before, as an underdog to EA, but you're right, Ubi is now a big dog too. and its acting like one.

again, i think most people are complaining of how this "content" was sold to them. There's alot of the word "new" coming from Ubi concerning this update, when we all know alot of what's on the bullet list is recycled content.

how long you think it took to scan the camo textures or paint the new stripes on the faces? how long you think it took Ubi to QA test the silenced/unsilenced/bigger clip/extra zoom version of old guns? on relit versions of old maps?

not even a afternoon, because we already payed for the testing the first time we bought and played these.

zwaany
06-26-2006, 06:30 PM
Ubisoft still haven't fixed the bug issues in this game either. Sure they are a business which we all understand; However, they need to cater to their consumers (US). Im now thinking twice about buying anymore ubisoft products if they aren't going to fix their games. Don't get me wrong I love ghost recon/splintercell/rainbow 6 I've had them all for xbox but I just can't stand to see my money go down the tube for laziness...

babydave
06-26-2006, 06:59 PM
vismich i feel you are the one that needs to grow up, and take more time to read peoples posts properly. noone here is complaining that we cant afford it and we understand that they have to pay for dev costs/microsoft costs/distribution costs/overheads etc but the fact is we are complaining about ethics. ubisoft will make a huge profit on this DLC and then some.

1 million copies sold. at least 250,000 will more than likely purchase the DLC at 10-12 a pop. 2,500,000, thats a whole lot of money for making a few new maps, relighting some and making a few new weapons. this could probably have been done in a matter of weeks and more than likely was already done during the development of the game but held back.

is it right that games should have reduced content and then be charged more for it later? or is it right that newly released content is way overpriced? or dont you care? because if you dont it wont be long until you start getting bundles more DLC at even higher prices.

business is business and they are there to make money but there comes a stage when they start milking it and are esentially ripping us off. and we should never accept that.

and again i put it to you that rare released a PDZ map pack with bots at 500 points, there really isnt double the content in the GRAW DLC, yes the relit maps add gameplay value but it sure as hell didnt cost ubisoft enough to produce to make them double the price of the DLC.

plus, as zwaany said there are plenty of issues that need to be fixed instead of releasing new content, if they had fixed these issues with the DLC then it would be a different story.

XyZspineZyX
06-27-2006, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by vismich:
Ghost Recon, at the beginning, was an unkown franchise. NOW it's not. NOW it's a franchise that is in demand..

Might i suggest you do your homework...Ghost Recon was Game of the Year on PC before it hit Xbox, that is NOT an unknown http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

ghost_indiano
06-27-2006, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by ms-kleaneasy:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by vismich:
Ghost Recon, at the beginning, was an unkown franchise. NOW it's not. NOW it's a franchise that is in demand..

Might i suggest you do your homework...Ghost Recon was Game of the Year on PC before it hit Xbox, that is NOT an unknown http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol... pwned..

anywho.

babydave raised a pretty good point tho with the figures. its not so much that ubi needs to pay the designers and whatnot for creating the extra maps. they're just milking the consumers. the fact is, it has created a bit of extra content and is then charging 1/4 the original price of a game for it. its absolutely absurd. if everyone gets suckered into this, whats next? release another 3 weapons, 2 camos, 3 maps, and what? charge another 15 bucks for it? if people just lie down an accept this, it'll only get worse.

SirWhupalot
06-27-2006, 06:17 AM
Well, this is how I see it: Playing paintball for one hour = 40. Infinite play of new GRAW maps = 10. It's really not that extortionate unless you're 10 years old and only get 50p pocket money a week!

Real_Xebec
06-27-2006, 06:48 AM
Some of you are just ridiculous....All the crying over the content is just insane. A lot of you sound idiotic....Maybe your young, who knows.

I understand that at the beginning you got more maps. I also understand now they are charging us for more maps....

The FACT is people is that this is a business.

Ghost Recon, at the beginning, was an unkown franchise. NOW it's not. NOW it's a franchise that is in demand.

What do you do in "grown ups world" when something is in demand. You charge for it..PLUS you figure out a way to make as much money off of it as you can.

This is called business.

If you do not see the value in the content, then dont buy it. Ubi is betting that enough people will see the value and buy it.

Xbox live does two things. It's there for us, the consumer to get stuff....And it's there for the merchant, like Ubi, to sell us stuff. The price it...we decide if we want to buy it.

So please shut up.. Either you SHUT UP or stop reading the posts. The biggest problem with the DLC is that once you have the DLC, only people with DLC can join your games. You cannot host games and have non-DLC people play EVEN if you're not playing one of the new maps. This effectively forces you to pay for the DLC in order to join a game on live (not everyone can host their own games). What happens if/when they release chapter 3? Another $15.00, no big deal right? Well say someone who has never played GRAW before decides to spend the $60.00 for the game. They get home and find out they have to spend another $30.00 to join a game on live ($15.00 for chapter 2 DLC and $15.00 for chapter 3 DLC). THAT is the major problem with the DLC. The pricing is all subjective, $15.00 is pocket change to me, but I do not like being forced to pay additional money just to be able to join a game on live.

REV1Z
06-27-2006, 07:17 AM
yea but like i've been saying there most definately will be ppl that will host non-dlc room just to prove a point. as long as i've been playing games even when full-expansions came out for games ppl would not buy them/host them just to prove some kind of point of that they already paid for the game why do they ned to pay more. so with that in mind just run your search matching just your packages and you will be fine

Cons72
06-27-2006, 07:40 AM
Yes, in the "grown up world" consumers are not allowed to voice their opinions about products, and nobody complains about anything, because that is the way business is done.

For example, Netscape doesn't complain about MS pre-bundling Internet Explorer with Windows... </Saracasm>

vismich
06-27-2006, 07:45 AM
It has nothing to do with how long it took to make.

It has nothing to do with how much it cost them to make.

It has nothing to do with fixing glitches, etc...

THE FACT of the matter is this.

The DLC has a $15.00 value because a lot of people will pay for it. Not everyone will like it. But a lot of people will pay for it. BUSSINESS FELLAS...BUSSINESS

You all think these companies owe you stuff. They are here to make cash...Off of you....and as much of it as possible.

It's the way the world works. Either sell out and buy in...or stop participating.

For thos that say "Well the PC VERSION was free....or the PC Version game was only $30.00"...

Demand is lower on that platform. Ubi knows, as does Microsoft, that not only can they get $60.00 a game now, but they can also keep charging for DLC. Get used to it. It's the future.

yarsrvenge
06-27-2006, 10:04 AM
I never said they do not deserve a dime, I just do not think they deserve $15.

The relit maps and other "fluff" content aside, what most of us are buying are the new maps. The new Call of Duty pack offers FIVE NEW MAPS for 800 and I do not see the level of dissapointment I do with the 1200 point GRAW offering. There is obviously something wrong with their pricepoint if this many people (and the press) are reacting the way they are.

REV1Z
06-27-2006, 10:22 AM

The DLC has a $15.00 value because a lot of people will pay for it. Not everyone will like it. But a lot of people will pay for it. BUSSINESS FELLAS...BUSSINESS

You all think these companies owe you stuff. They are here to make cash...Off of you....and as much of it as possible.

It's the way the world works. Either sell out and buy in...or stop participating.

For thos that say "Well the PC VERSION was free....or the PC Version game was only $30.00"...

Demand is lower on that platform. Ubi knows, as does Microsoft, that not only can they get $60.00 a game now, but they can also keep charging for DLC. Get used to it. It's the future.

yea it's idiots like you that just except this kinda **** they are gunna keep ripping off. i dont mind cause i cant get ripped off if i dont buy it.

Hazzard5
06-27-2006, 10:36 AM
this is all tear jerking...but think of it in the long run guys......i didnt mind payin the 15 bucks...but what about the future...ubisoft saw this and said "holy **** look at how much money we made off of some new maps"...and im not dissin the maps either bc they are awesome...i love chapter 2...BUT....think about it....developers will make a full game...say 'gears of war' slice off some of the end...a couple weapons, characters, gametypes...and youve got yourself a nice little game content package that you can charge 15 bucks or more for, and as we showed them...it WILL sell but what choice do we have, i just really hope developers dont do that, but they probably will bc its a gold mine in times like these i wish i was still a little kid chasing Dr Robotnik with a spikey haired hedgehog.

HowyFelterup
06-27-2006, 10:53 AM

Exactly.
Here's hoping that the next chapter is 1600 pts.
The more whiners not joining our games, the better.

MassiveTurd
06-27-2006, 11:16 AM
hmmm how about fixing the BUGS BUGS BUGS BUGS BUGS BIGG BUGS GLITCHES ANOOYING WAY TO GET IN A GAME GLITCHES BUGS AND LACK OF COMS IN LOBBY..

Now theres any idea, fix the game before you add more content, but then again they want money, money money money money and more money, god bless EA opps I mean UBI.