PDA

View Full Version : Dedicated & Non-Dedicated Server Setup

bfraid
09-14-2005, 01:53 PM
I would like to know if someone can provide a web address where I could learn all about Xbox console server setup. I am hosting RB6 Lockdown now on my extra Xbox and would prefer to set it up so that it runs well and people enjoy using it.

So, where can I go to learn more about server setup?

bfraid
09-14-2005, 01:53 PM
I would like to know if someone can provide a web address where I could learn all about Xbox console server setup. I am hosting RB6 Lockdown now on my extra Xbox and would prefer to set it up so that it runs well and people enjoy using it.

So, where can I go to learn more about server setup?

cre8nhavoc
09-14-2005, 02:16 PM
There€s really no need to go anywhere for a dedicated server setup. All you€ve got to do is buy another copy of the game, then go into create a match. There is an option that will ask you if the game being hosted is non-dedicated or dedicated.

All you have to do from there is switch the settings to dedicate and how many players you want to allow playing on your server.

Some advice on dedicating a server;

Make sure you set it at a reasonable time. If it€s a spawning game (like Team Sharpshooter, Retrieval or Total Conquest), be sure to set it for 10-15 minutes. For Team Survival, 5 minutes seems to be the best.

If you play with friendly fire on, be sure to have punish team killer on. There will be times where someone will be accidentally killed and will in turn vent their frustrations on the beginning of the next round.

Be sure to kick the lobby timer on! Most important. Sometimes you will get someone who will join a dedicated and just walk away. They will sit idle in your server and people will not be able to play the game.

Know your upload/download speeds. Know what your limit€s are when it comes to hosting. Believe it or not, I haven€t ran into too many problems with Lockdown online, so connection shouldn€t be too big of an issue (even for running dedicated).

Any Xbox Live question, you can always look here (http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/default.htm) to troubleshoot.

Good luck!
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif