PDA

View Full Version : Someone expain this to me(SPOILERS)

altair2nd
04-16-2010, 09:25 PM
When Grim was telling Sam about Lambert in the 3E level, she said that Lambert thought Tom Reed was a mole,(backstabber) well Tom Reed wasn't the director of third echelon at the time, William Redding was...

I don't even think Lambert even knew Tom Reed before he died...

Azanode
04-16-2010, 09:29 PM
William Redding was Sam's runner in CT, you're thinking of Lawrence Williams, who was assistant director. In the manual it says Lambert was responsible for bringing Tom Reed on board, so Lambert was probably his superior. He knew there was a mole but couldn't identify who it was.

altair2nd
04-16-2010, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Azanode:
William Redding was Sam's runner in CT, you're thinking of Lawrence Williams, who was assistant director. Yes, Lawrence Williams, I couldn't remember, thanks.

Originally posted by Azanode:
In the manual it says Lambert was responsible for bringing Tom Reed on board, so Lambert was probably his superior. He knew there was a mole but couldn't identify who it was. Okay, thanks again.

Yabab_2
04-16-2010, 09:33 PM
William Redding is the NSA Director, not Third Echelon. First of all.

And Lambert didn't think Reed was the mole, he had no idea who was it. That's why he had to eliminate Sarah from the equation. And Lambert died without knowing it.

My only doubt is whether Grim thought Reed was the mole or just powerlust. Sam only found Reed was the mole after he started talking about Megiddo and the fact they were going to be shut down. Megiddo took advantage of Reed's fear and promised to be kept and promoted if he helped Megiddo take control of the US.

altair2nd
04-16-2010, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Yabab_2:
I thought NSA was third echelon! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

Alright, I'll admit, I never paid much attention to the story in the previous SCs....

oO_ShadowFox_Oo
04-16-2010, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by altair2nd:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Yabab_2:
I thought NSA was third echelon! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

Alright, I'll admit, I never paid much attention to the story in the previous SCs.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The NSA is the US's code breakers, hackers, signals analysis and observation's agency.

They overwatch every bit of information that flows in and out of the country as much as they can.

Third Echelon is a sub agency of the NSA that was set up to stay on top of the increasing threat to national security seen from cyber warfare and the increasingly large role that cyber security was playing.

When Third Echelon can't get information it needs through digital means, it sends in Sam and other agents to get that info.

The NSA is NOT a military agency and has VERY few field agents because it primarily deals with signals analysis and hacking, which is why it is so VERY strange to see Third Echelon sporting a huuuuuge roster of field agents with guns, as well as a commando strike force of Splinter Cells who are supposed to be deployed for intelligence gathering missions.

crazyhobozach
04-16-2010, 10:27 PM
NSA is for SIGINT 3E is the guys you call to do your dirty work.

altair2nd
04-16-2010, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by oO_ShadowFox_Oo:
The NSA is the US's code breakers, hackers, signals analysis and observation's agency.

They overwatch every bit of information that flows in and out of the country as much as they can.

Third Echelon is a sub agency of the NSA that was set up to stay on top of the increasing threat to national security seen from cyber warfare and the increasingly large role that cyber security was playing.

When Third Echelon can't get information it needs through digital means, it sends in Sam and other agents to get that info.

The NSA is NOT a military agency and has VERY few field agents because it primarily deals with signals analysis and hacking, which is why it is so VERY strange to see Third Echelon sporting a huuuuuge roster of field agents with guns, as well as a commando strike force of Splinter Cells who are supposed to be deployed for intelligence gathering missions. Oh, okay. Thanks for clearing things up.