PDA

View Full Version : Quiter / No CR vs AI Solution

MajerBlundor
11-06-2008, 06:45 AM
This is related to a couple of other threads and I posted something similar in one of them. Not intended as a "double post" but simply a new thread to tie the two related issues together.

Two related problems have been raised about the TOW. After investing some amount of time playing a match players are upset to find opponents quitting on them. And when playing 2v2 if you end up facing an AI enemy due to an opponent quitting you don't receive your CR thus wasting your time.

Since you don't want players boosting by setting up matches and then quitting so their friend can roll over an AI enemy and get lots of CRs, here's a possible solution to both issues:

If a GT quits a certain number of times within a given period then the GT is booted from the TOW for some penalty period and loses all experience, upgrades, and CRs.

For example, if you quit early 3 times within a 24 hour period your GT is banned from the TOW for 24 hours and all experience, upgrades, and CR are lost.

And to prevent gaming of this penalty system if the GT is banned 3 times within a 7 day period it's then banned for a full 7 days (or longer!) with the same penalty in experience, upgrades,and CRs.

MajerBlundor
11-06-2008, 06:45 AM
This is related to a couple of other threads and I posted something similar in one of them. Not intended as a "double post" but simply a new thread to tie the two related issues together.

Two related problems have been raised about the TOW. After investing some amount of time playing a match players are upset to find opponents quitting on them. And when playing 2v2 if you end up facing an AI enemy due to an opponent quitting you don't receive your CR thus wasting your time.

Since you don't want players boosting by setting up matches and then quitting so their friend can roll over an AI enemy and get lots of CRs, here's a possible solution to both issues:

If a GT quits a certain number of times within a given period then the GT is booted from the TOW for some penalty period and loses all experience, upgrades, and CRs.

For example, if you quit early 3 times within a 24 hour period your GT is banned from the TOW for 24 hours and all experience, upgrades, and CR are lost.

And to prevent gaming of this penalty system if the GT is banned 3 times within a 7 day period it's then banned for a full 7 days (or longer!) with the same penalty in experience, upgrades,and CRs.

AdrenalineBurst
11-06-2008, 07:01 AM
It should be intentional quitting, if i have a bad internet day and keep losing connection i get penalized for something thats not my fault, so please consider that.

R33D0
11-06-2008, 09:08 AM
i as playing 2v2 and 3times people quit, 2 of the times we finshed the match against 1 ai and 1 player and we won and got our credits. the other time the players left as the match was loading and we didnt get them, so i guess if u finish the match u still get your credits, at least thats whats happening to me.

AwYea
11-06-2008, 09:13 AM
I like the idea. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

N3V30
11-06-2008, 09:18 AM
I'd like to point out that you can disconnect (a unintentional quit) and it still says you have won, but you won't receive credits or promotions.

bantha09
11-06-2008, 11:43 AM
yeah, it definatly needs to be linked to you either quitting the match, or quiting out of the game, cuz i have a bad connection sometimes and i don't want to be penilized for an internet failure.

Bradford44
11-06-2008, 01:43 PM
At the very least, everyone (with an xbox, anyway) ought to be hitting "avoid" and leaving "bad sportsmanship" negative feedback.

Other penalties are worth considering, also. Maybe it could count as a permadeath for all units on the field when you disconnect. Of course, you still have a problem with not knowing whether someone is quitting intentionally or by accident.

Precursor2552
11-06-2008, 01:44 PM
I used to send them a simple message saying don't quit.

Now I think I'll be sending an angrier one I mean seriously how hard is it to say, "All units Evacuate"

johndew
11-06-2008, 03:21 PM
simply have Wins/Lost/Discounts. why is that so hard ?!?!? madden09 had it perfect.