PDA

View Full Version : FPS in Pearl Harbor

Yooperbacker
02-11-2008, 12:19 AM
I was at a friends house who was playing SH4 with ROW installed and his sub was sitting in Pearl Harbor. His FPS was 7. My question is - isn't that a bit low? I don't know what graphic card he has but was just wondering if 7 FPS is low as you are sitting in Pearl just looking around with the camera?

Sparhawk81
02-11-2008, 06:37 AM
In Pearl there are LOTS of ships... it is some good load both on the CPU AND on the video card... I don't know what rig your friend has, but 7 FPS are very possible on certain machines, especially when sitting in Pearl

tambor198
02-11-2008, 09:04 AM
One of the things about Pearl Harbor is like Sparhawk mentioned. Being a major base thare is plenty of activity. Numerous ships moving about and also planes flying overhead. I've got a 8800 GTX and I would always see FPS drop way off when I got close to Pearl. Had alot of CTDs when trying to dock with the v1.3 patch I remember.

Yooperbacker
02-11-2008, 10:27 AM
Thanks for replying. His computer froze up and crashed when he was getting ready to leave Pearl when using Row for the first time.

Sparhawk81
02-11-2008, 07:33 PM
FYI, my rig is:

Intel Dual Core 2 Duo 6600 @ 2.4 Ghz
2 Gb Ram
Ati HD2900 XT

When I'm in crowded situations (such as, those single missions where a US and IJN task forces meet) I do have slow downs on external view.

And when I approach US ports, I do have slowdowns also while being on the map screen