PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the Your Shape Fitness Evolved Forums!

Psyche_FD
11-05-2010, 11:22 AM
Your Shape Fitness Evolved has finally launched! Have you tried it?

ClimHazard5
11-06-2010, 10:51 AM
This game rocks, I work out regularly, and consider myself to be in good shape, yet this is the first video game ive ever played that gave me a set of sore legs in the morning : ) GREAT STUFF...great workouts, great feedback, love it...my ONLY beef with the game right now is 2 things (hoping someone can help me) 1. I picked up the game on release the other day, and chose to do the "sculpting" program...but when im working out i dont know when to stop, i love to push myself when it comes to workouts...so the first day i went through like half of the program not knowing when to stop...its especially hard ot know when to stop when you finish a routine and you can click "finish" or "next" and the trainer says "lets take 5"...does that mean just keep doing it??? long question short is- how long are the programs intended for? cause I feel like im rushing through mine. #2. Ive worked out my problems performing most of the exercises, its easy and remarkably responsive when I make my corrections and perform better...but there is something about the "single side lunge" that I just cant get around...ive done it a million times perfectly and continually get 0%, I dont think there is any way to correct what I am doing, regardless I dont really care bc im still doing it and getting the exercise in, but it is so rewarding to get that green burst glow when you do something right hahaha these are small gripes though, trust me I love this game...especially the cardio boxing, incredibly fun : )

Weip
11-06-2010, 12:04 PM
I did only the bronze kick boxing session, and im kind of disapointed there is only 2 sessions. 2 sessions for each bronze, silven and gold activities.

Only 4-5 mini games. Do I miss something in this game? I was hoping something like 50 mini games, 20 kick boxing session, but I didnt tried the other activities of the game...

cepwin
11-07-2010, 10:31 AM
I'm enjoying it but I have two questions I posted in the "myshape" section.
1. My profile is listed mistakenly as male ... I can't find how to correct it.
2. How accurate is the calorie counter?

Thanks

ThundR2010
11-08-2010, 08:00 AM
Picked this game up because I remember the old Your shape game from the original Xbox and I have to admit it seems to be a step back. The last game scheduled the workouts, had recipes, and even had stretches before the workout. I finished the initial fitness test and picked a workout and next think I know the trainer is starting with a set of weights doing some fairly heavy stuff...HELLO, could you at least let me know that this section uses weights?? Since we're using weights and about to do a fairly intense workout how about some stretching?? I have a feeling I'll be taking this back to the store..

Lija_Rasa
11-08-2010, 10:12 PM
I too have an issue with a wrong gender in my profile, and can't find any way to change it...

SnowKrash
11-09-2010, 11:18 AM
I have the right gender listed in the profile, but wrong gender on the leader board. I thought maybe if I changed my trainer to Male it would correct, but no luck...

I think they are still working out a lot of kinks in the dashboard.

labrynthos
11-10-2010, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by ThundR2010:
Picked this game up because I remember the old Your shape game from the original Xbox and I have to admit it seems to be a step back. The last game scheduled the workouts, had recipes, and even had stretches before the workout. I finished the initial fitness test and picked a workout and next think I know the trainer is starting with a set of weights doing some fairly heavy stuff...HELLO, could you at least let me know that this section uses weights?? Since we're using weights and about to do a fairly intense workout how about some stretching?? I have a feeling I'll be taking this back to the store..

I am right there with you. I am really surprised to see such basic and very helpful features missing from this 'evolved' title. I am actually nursing a couple pulled muscles and I think it is because the warm ups are not enough or completely missing.

Now, I know some would say that I should just warm up before starting the session, but the whole point of getting a virtual personal trainer is so I can be guided to fitness.

I miss Miya! But I do love the new technology and feedback with Kinect. I hope future updates will address these issues.

Also, I haven't been asked to do a single push up or crunch or anything that has to do with the floor. Is this a limitation of the Kinect? If so, that kind of blows as well.

Spectra_FD
11-16-2010, 09:10 PM
This game has been kickin' my butt! I love it. I think I like the boxing stuff the best.

Spectra_FD
12-14-2010, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Lija_Rasa:
I too have an issue with a wrong gender in my profile, and can't find any way to change it...

Answer from the Developers: <span class="ev_code_RED">Go to Personal Training > Update My Program and you’ll have to retake the Fitness Test. Within the test, you’ll be able to correct your gender and at the same time update the game with your latest info.</span>

mnmredline
01-01-2011, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by cepwin:
I'm enjoying it but I have two questions I posted in the "myshape" section.
1. My profile is listed mistakenly as male ... I can't find how to correct it.
2. How accurate is the calorie counter?

Thanks

leed01
01-02-2011, 02:34 PM
I agree with the comments above. As a physician, I have too many injuries related to inadequate warm ups and cool downs. I feel UbiSoft is leaving itself open to liability by not incorporating both a proper warm up and cool down into every routine. Every aerobics, kick boxing, step, dance classes always start with a proper warm up and end with a proper cool down. They could even let user opt out of it if they want but leave that risk up to the user.

adeti
01-05-2011, 08:29 PM
I have been using the Zen classes to warm up/cool down. It actually had a prompt that advised me to do that. The Zen classes are nice because they really stretch your muscles. I really love Your Shape and am so happy I got the Kinect! I never had the original Your Shape for Xbox so I don't have anything negative to say in comparison. I can definitely see myself losing weight with this!

martyrich
02-22-2011, 08:44 AM
Hi

I must add that I dived right in, had my body scanned and put in my weight and age and immediately went into toning cardio.
I didn't know when to stop or how long a session should be, so did an hour and burnt 300 calories, which seemed a really small amount for the amount I put in, compared to a gym running machine which is 180 calories in 10 minutes.
However, I could barely use my legs for three days. I knew where my 'glutes' were like never before and my legs ache now four days later. Getting to bed has been tough.
This game makes out it is the complete package but with no warm up/cool down advice it is actually a pain trap as it stands.
It is actually dangerous if followed verbatim, no warnings on package or carefully constructed software, nothing. No clearly obvious stage where you prepare the body or cool it down. No timed sessions. It needs a health warning right now.
If you advertise as the whole package, and state so as the software is played then you need to include the appropriate measures or state them before commencing.
Without this it throws the research and advice made to make this (otherwise good) programme into serious doubt.
Every live trainer I have had has gone through warm up and cool down if I think back. Missing form here can be very painful if one forgets.
Include this and save a million pained thighs and Gluteus maximus's and a dislike towards this product and its use ever again.

I've copied this to all main selling sight as comment as it seems necessary.

tangtang88
02-28-2011, 10:35 PM
the game is wonderful

KingDaniel0
04-15-2011, 05:12 AM
-------------------------------------------------

My Fiancee (on Her behalf), and myself, both of us would like to thank you for this fitness title i.e. YSFT.

<span class="ev_code_BLUE">Good health, and Happy living.</span> http://i56.tinypic.com/2w69w95.png
Daniel.

---------------------------------------------------

Gypsy816
04-20-2011, 12:15 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

pjlittlefr
04-18-2012, 04:44 PM
Help! I am having trouble with the your shape center. It is really frustrating. I finally figured out how to add my friends from xbox live on to my yourshapecenter.com and even set up a challenge. I won the challenge last night. Then I sign on to my yourshapecenter.com to set up a new goal and challenge. And my icon is messed up, my xbox live gamertag is nowwhere to be found and all my friends are gone! What the heck. It is still me like my trophies, workout and calorie counter is right but what happened. And more importantly how the heck do I get my friends back on there. Since I have already linked my uplay account with my your shape evolved 2012 game. I obviously can't do it the same way I did last time. Where is all the tech support for this stupid site. I have a off site challenge going and the only way I can keep track of all my friends and their scores is through the yourshapecenter website!

Truotsuko
10-15-2013, 04:41 PM
How do I get to the Workouts menu as I am trying to customize a workout plan that specifically includes an ab routine but for the life of me I cannot see it...