PDA

View Full Version : Seems like FC2 PC and Xbox Versions are quite different...

SeaFireLIV
06-04-2009, 01:59 PM
After playing FC2 a while a friend came and had a look at the game. being impressed, he got the game for the Xbox. The game seems identical, especially with graphics which are almost as good as the PC, but not quite... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Anyway, a day later, hes whining about things that i just haven`t noticed at all on the PC.

His whines:

1. He can`t kill anything with the MG on the truck.

Me: I have no trouble killing things with the MG on the truck, I rely on it often.

2. People are hitting him from really far away with pistols and shotguns.

I get people shooting at me with shotguns and pistols sometimes from far off, but they hardly ever hit. I remember one guy (my assassination target) trying to hit me from a distance and hitting nothing all the while. Also shotguns at range are useless from Ai and worry me little.

3. Respawns are even quicker on the Xbox.

It does seem so from what he says.

4. He was hiding behind a tree when the AI soldier behind the same tree on the other side saw him and shot him through the tree.

I have never had this. the Ai will sometimes shoot and hit the tree or run around to shoot at me but never shoot through the tree. I asked if maybe another soldier had seen and shot him, but he`s adamant it was the same soldier.

Seems like the Xbox version has had some `shortcuts` to it, things like effective ranges and shot precision aim... He can`t figure out why the Xbox with apparently 3 cores can`t do all the same stuff as my Pc with 2 cores.

Or maybe my friend`s just a whiner, he did use a guide `cheat` for the game where I have found no need or reason to use one.

But I still wonder if the Xbox is not quite the same technically as the Pc version.

I`m gonna pop down his tomorrow and see if he`s right...

SeaFireLIV
06-04-2009, 01:59 PM
After playing FC2 a while a friend came and had a look at the game. being impressed, he got the game for the Xbox. The game seems identical, especially with graphics which are almost as good as the PC, but not quite... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Anyway, a day later, hes whining about things that i just haven`t noticed at all on the PC.

His whines:

1. He can`t kill anything with the MG on the truck.

Me: I have no trouble killing things with the MG on the truck, I rely on it often.

2. People are hitting him from really far away with pistols and shotguns.

I get people shooting at me with shotguns and pistols sometimes from far off, but they hardly ever hit. I remember one guy (my assassination target) trying to hit me from a distance and hitting nothing all the while. Also shotguns at range are useless from Ai and worry me little.

3. Respawns are even quicker on the Xbox.

It does seem so from what he says.

4. He was hiding behind a tree when the AI soldier behind the same tree on the other side saw him and shot him through the tree.

I have never had this. the Ai will sometimes shoot and hit the tree or run around to shoot at me but never shoot through the tree. I asked if maybe another soldier had seen and shot him, but he`s adamant it was the same soldier.

Seems like the Xbox version has had some `shortcuts` to it, things like effective ranges and shot precision aim... He can`t figure out why the Xbox with apparently 3 cores can`t do all the same stuff as my Pc with 2 cores.

Or maybe my friend`s just a whiner, he did use a guide `cheat` for the game where I have found no need or reason to use one.

But I still wonder if the Xbox is not quite the same technically as the Pc version.

I`m gonna pop down his tomorrow and see if he`s right...

xxxMrBunglexxx
06-05-2009, 02:56 AM
tell your friend that the hardware in an Xbox 360 doesn't hold a candle to a modern gaming computer. also, some of his problems killing bad guys could have something to do with the fact that he's using a gamepad http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

SeaFireLIV
06-05-2009, 04:34 AM
True about the gamepad. I can`t see how anyone could play any kind of shooter with a gamepad. A mouse is where it`s at.

SeaFireLIV
06-05-2009, 03:35 PM
OK, discovered his problem. He didn`t know to use the Gunsight. Now he shoots things fine.

Gah, he`s as bad as the whiners who can`t figure something out and the first thing they do is whine, rather than think `maybe i`m doing something wrong?` http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif