PDA

View Full Version : Sound and crashing issues, GRAW 2

rokkz
08-11-2008, 08:47 AM
Hi I figured I'd dust of my GRAW2 and try to play it again, installed normally applied the patches up to 1.05 and started the game up. Applied maximum settings only to find out it lagged pretty bad, so I lowered the settings til it was playable.

But one problem remains, after I shoot a gun the sound comes afterwards, sometime delays by 3 seconds, sometimes by 0.5 sometimes not at all. And the performance is not exactly stellar.

Also, i get an graw-errormessage that the card has 'insufficient video memory' second time I start graw, a reboot solves it til the next second time I start graw without a reboot.

Other games works just fine.

*AMD Opteron 165 (@2.8, removing OC only worsened performance for the record)
*4GB ram
*8800GT 512 177.79 WHQL Candidate
*Asus Xonar DX, latest drivers
*Latest PhysX and OpenAL drivers
*Windows XP x64

Any ideas?

Want2Snipe
08-11-2008, 12:29 PM
I'd say video drivers got corrupted after the installation of the game (this happens often with UBI FPs games and I don't know why this is). Also, make sure the drivers you have are not for 32bit

Easy thing to do, download a fresh copy, uninstall the current drivers and install a fresh copy.

If that doesn't work... I'm stumped!

rokkz
08-12-2008, 11:57 AM
Drivers were installed after GRAW 2, I've cleaned out the old and reinstalled and latest WHQL x64 drivers, no go.

Error-message:
Crash in application version: 30899.3048

Could not create render target because IDirect3D9::CreateTexture call failed.
Direct3D does not have enough display memory to perform the operation.

Renderer: threaded
Physics : threaded

Any ideas at all, maybe I should try 1.4 patch and see if 1.5 is screwing me over?

Want2Snipe
08-13-2008, 08:38 AM
XP 64 is said to be a very troublesome OS, even more than Vista but that is all hearsay.

Did you also freshen out your sound drivers? beleive it or not, I have had issues with it and after a fresh install, all my crashes and game issues went away.

If you feel like doing extra work, you may want to think about dual booting with XP32 to see if that problem persists as that memory leak sure is a weird one.

rokkz
08-13-2008, 04:26 PM
I've been running XP x64 for the last ~3 years now and played GRAW and GRAW 2 just when they came out no problems, but I had an older geforce-card and different sound card back then.

Only Game that has troubled me so far is the old Oni and, yeah that's about it. Old games like MechWarrior III & IV, Starcraft, Myth 2, Civ etc works just fine. Thing is Graw is the only newer game at the moment that has troubles.

I reinstalled GRAW 2 and only patched to 1.4, reinstalled Videodrivers Again. Now sounds are not delayed and it only crashes every other time when I try to start it, but now I have a single-digit FPS instead.

I'm really getting fed up with this, I never finished GRAW 2 when it came out because I thought my old card did not perform well enough.

Going to try a few more things, fiddling around.

I don't own an copy of the standard x86 XP, I run x64 to make use of all my ram and also the x64-support and improvements from the 2003-codebase.

Saloei
08-15-2008, 08:12 PM
try a new soundcard. i've seen creative cards for about $20

rokkz
08-22-2008, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Saloei:
try a new soundcard. i've seen creative cards for about $20

Already tried with a different card the other day, no go.

On a side note, I would never replace an High quality soundcard with a $20 Creative card, ever. Especially not buy one to get a game working.

I've given up on GRAW 2 for the moment. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Want2Snipe
08-23-2008, 10:07 AM
Did u also try refreshing your sound card drivers?

Call me dumb but I refresh my sound & video drivers along with my codecs everytime I upgrade any UBI game with a Patch.

Also, I never, EVER patch with their Krappy Auto-patcher or Auto-Updater (worse thing since crack cocaine). I download the patch from a trusted site, save and then update patch.

Uninstalling the game w/o removing any remmants of the game is also a No-No.