PDA

View Full Version : GOOD, BAD AND UGLY..!

Misusel1982
05-29-2011, 12:38 PM
i've read somewhere that the ottomans will be allies and neutral in your moves (that makes them the good guys i suppose )and the byzantines r aggressive and hostile to you and allies of the templars ( the bad guys ). i know that i dislike it a bit more cos i am greek, but i think this is wrong, to show that ottomans r the good guys and the byzantines r the bad...from the first game they showed that u made 9 assassinations from both sides in the crusades christians and muslims, arabs and europeans...now its specific sides, byzantines and ottomans. it should be more mixed like it was before ( my humble opinion ).maybe its not official yet and its just rumors in some sites so we going to have to wait, but if it is like that its going to ber very dissapointing for some people..!before i be called racist and stuff like that, i didnt say to be the ottomans the bad and the byzantines the good, just more mixed like the games before..

ShaneO7K
05-29-2011, 01:08 PM
In AC1 it wasn't really them targeting specific sides to assassinate, it was them assassinating templars that happened to be on each side who were fueling the war.

It just happens in ACR that the Ottomans are not associated with the templars, but the Byzantines are. The assassin's wouldn't assassinate an Ottoman without reason.

Misusel1982
05-29-2011, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by dead_gunner187:
In AC1 it wasn't really them targeting specific sides to assassinate, it was them assassinating templars that happened to be on each side who were fueling the war.

It just happens in ACR that the Ottomans are not associated with the templars, but the Byzantines are. The assassin's wouldn't assassinate an Ottoman without reason. yes, that is what i'm saying...it happened to be the templars in both sides, so it should be like this and now...no need for this distinction in national level...

Mutant524
05-29-2011, 01:23 PM
There's no Byzentine Empire in Ezio's time. They were defeated by the Ottomans's in 1453. Likewise with the Ottoman's in Altair's day (the Ottoman Empire was founded in 1299).

ShaneO7K
05-29-2011, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by misusel:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dead_gunner187:

It just happens in ACR that the Ottomans are not associated with the templars, but the Byzantines are. The assassin's wouldn't assassinate an Ottoman without reason. yes, that is what i'm saying...it happened to be the templars in both sides, so it should be like this and now...no need for this distinction in national level... </div></BLOCKQUOTE> It made sense for that story, but it might not for ACR. It's just a game.

Turkiye96
05-29-2011, 01:32 PM
Yea dude i agree, but im sure there will be people from the Byzantines who will help Ezio ( i think only those in power of the Byzantines are with the templars while most of the people are good http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif )while its pretty likely that some of the ottomans will be allied with the templars ( just like the multiplayer character the vanguard and the bomber) and i think we get to kill them in the single player. so it wont portray the Byzantines as ''evil'' so dont worry http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Misusel1982
05-29-2011, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Turkiye96:
Yea dude i agree, but im sure there will be people from the Byzantines who will help Ezio ( i think only those in power of the Byzantines are with the templars while most of the people are good http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif )while its pretty likely that some of the ottomans will be allied with the templars ( just like the multiplayer character the vanguard and the bomber) and i think we get to kill them in the single player. so it wont portray the Byzantines as ''evil'' so dont worry http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif hehe, posetive thinking friend..!

Calvarok
05-29-2011, 05:55 PM
The Ottomans are acting independently, the Assassin's won't interfere unless they start seriously oppressing people. The Byzantines are working with the Templars, but Ezio isn't sure if they're actually templars or being used by them. No side is evil. Both think that they're doing what's right. It's just that one side thinks that what's right is to be overtly hostile to Ezio.

Calvarok
05-29-2011, 05:59 PM
And also, the Templars may control a lot, but at that time they still didn't control everything. The Assassin's were doing quite well at keeping them in check. So it wouldn't totally make sense if the Templars controlled BOTH factions. The distinction between Ottoman and Byzantine guards is the Byzantines have been told to kill Ezio on sight. The Ottomans have not. That's it. They are not said to be evil or good, they just have their orders. AC has always been honest in its portrayal of historical figures, if there was a really jerkish Ottoman around during Ezio's time, I'll bet he'll not be portrayed well, at the least.

tjbyrum1
05-30-2011, 07:26 AM
As long as we don't have to fight against the Janissary's - I'll be fine.

The Janissary's rule.

Turkiye96
05-30-2011, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by tjbyrum1:
As long as we don't have to fight against the Janissary's - I'll be fine.

The Janissary's rule.
just wondering but, why dont you want to fight the Janissaries?

Turkiye96
05-30-2011, 09:29 AM
The goodies are cool and all, but everyone loves a great villan. dude even if the Byzantines are allied with the templars they are sure to look awesome and really strong. i mean i'd love to see a awesome rival worthy of Ezio :P