PDA

View Full Version : Proposed challenge mode

bigbiz
02-23-2010, 02:53 AM
Based on some of the comments on this board I believe some may be interested in this. How would you folks like a bonus challenge mode where Sam has no guns? No smoke/emp grenades. No sticky cams/shockers. Perhaps as DLC or an extra mode that opens up after you beat the game on a certain difficulty. No guns & you can't pick up enemy weapons either. No shooting out lights/enemies, no emp action on cpu monitors, ect. Just your wits & your hands. Add the whistle or some type of knocking/tapping distractions back to the mix. Voice detection would also be nice. Thoughts?

FilipinoNinja67
02-23-2010, 06:10 AM
I was thinking of the same exact thing yesterday! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif That would be awesome.

Jamsedreng22
02-23-2010, 07:38 AM
Wouldn't you just, not use the guns instead having it taken away?

SilencedScream0
02-23-2010, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by Jamsedreng22:
Wouldn't you just, not use the guns instead having it taken away?

I'm sure some people will. Or will say they did.

If it was tacked on at the end, it would just be for proof that you really did beat it (which could be proven by videos, so...).

I love the idea personally, and will try on my own to do such (should I get the game), but I doubt it'll be added, unfortunately.

bigbiz
02-23-2010, 07:55 AM
With them taken away, there is no choice. If you have the weapons/gadgets, you're almost bound to use them in some circumstance at least once. I think it would be kind of cool to try & accomplish the missions with hand to hand & personal diversion tactics as your only tools.

Joshua Morrison
02-23-2010, 08:00 AM
lol while I don't think it will happen I really enjoy that last part about accomplishing the mission with hand to hand & personal diversion tactics as your only tools.

SilencedScream0
02-23-2010, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by bigbiz:
With them taken away, there is no choice. If you have the weapons/gadgets, you're almost bound to use them in some circumstance at least once. I think it would be kind of cool to try & accomplish the missions with hand to hand & personal diversion tactics as your only tools.

Right, I get this. I agree - it'd be a lot of fun, but I doubt it would get enough interest to make it happen, unfortunately. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Ubi's trying to target a wider audience by going after more casual gamers, so I doubt this will get implemented, as it would be a more challenging aspect (which, yeah, I know is good, but...doesn't go for their target market).

Joshua Morrison
02-23-2010, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by SilencedScream0:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bigbiz:

Right, I get this. I agree - it'd be a lot of fun, but I doubt it would get enough interest to make it happen, unfortunately. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Ubi's trying to target a wider audience by going after more casual gamers, so I doubt this will get implemented, as it would be a more challenging aspect (which, yeah, I know is good, but...doesn't go for their target market). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Right.... good job Ubisoft. I hate their target audience I feel like all games are being ruined because of them.

SilencedScream0
02-23-2010, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by JoshuaMorrison:
Right.... good job Ubisoft. I hate their target audience I feel like all games are being ruined because of them.

Unfortunately, after four years of marketing, my professional side agrees with them.

If running around in your underwear will potentially get you more money than being a janitor will, what will you do?

Morally though, if I read forums as a developer...I don't think I could abandon the people who are looking to me to expand on a series they've come to love.

I agree that the game needs new things.
But we don't need a completely reformatted game.

coltcat
02-23-2010, 10:59 AM
to think further with the idea,
it the old days we can ko enemies and that wont drag down your score.(you can make a no weapon run with bare hand).
but now seem we can only kill them.
that raise the bar high up, you cant even toughes anybody.
I'll go with that! thats so cool! and I'll be happy if SCC has this kind of "ghost run" challenge.