PDA

View Full Version : Flooding problems????

pgull3
04-16-2005, 05:49 PM
Please help. How do you stop flooding problems? I had flooding in electric engine romm couldnt get anyone to fix it and just cause that compartment flooded I died.But I was on the surface? Whats the deal here??

pgull3
04-16-2005, 05:49 PM
Please help. How do you stop flooding problems? I had flooding in electric engine romm couldnt get anyone to fix it and just cause that compartment flooded I died.But I was on the surface? Whats the deal here??

El_OSO
04-16-2005, 06:11 PM
You need to assign a damage control team and then assign them to the compartment. It's on the crew management screen.

pgull3
04-16-2005, 06:35 PM
I have signed a team but they wont fix anything.(I have fixed damage before)This is the first time I have seen water enter the ship.Theres a counter that counts down.What is that for?Ive seen that one other time.Also can you fix your hall or do you have to be in port? Thanks for your time

Otto-Kretschmer
04-16-2005, 06:44 PM
If you have rigged for silent running (chief engineer duty) your crew cant repair anything. So order your chief engineer to change from silent running and the repairing will probably begin http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pgull3:
I have signed a team but they wont fix anything.(I have fixed damage before)This is the first time I have seen water enter the ship.Theres a counter that counts down.What is that for?Ive seen that one other time.Also can you fix your hall or do you have to be in port? Thanks for your time <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fazzx
04-16-2005, 07:16 PM
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>Make sure you get the flooding under control asap, as if you take on too much water, your uboat will start sinking.

<LI>1. Spare an officer to the repair force, this will make the workers work more efficiently and faster.

<LI>2. Try to put as many personnel as you can in the repair force till your green bar is maxed.

<LI>3. Make sure you are not using silent running.

<LI>4. If your pump is damaged, you'll have a hard time controlling the flooding. So fix this first.[/list]

Usually when you get flooding, it's cause of depth charges, so if a DD is after you... make sure you keep an eye on him and try to avoid his route while doing the repairs.

For your hull, you cannot repair it while on sea, only way is at the shipyard. Be careful at how low your hull integrety gets to, as if it gets too low your hull will not be able to withstand pressure at depths you normally would have had no problem.

Hope this helped.

Bubblehead1948
04-16-2005, 08:06 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif And believe me, a couple of petty officers trained in damage control are worth their weight in gold.