PDA

View Full Version : just wondering about pics...

bfogel
08-30-2007, 09:03 PM
Possible new twist to the picture competition is proposed.
What if we had a certain month where all 4 pics were a series from the same action or battle, event etc.
Some pics I see here leave you wondering "how did they get there?" or "What happened next?" I was just wondering if we could have a month where we could enter a series set of pics with voting on the whole set rather than just one pic.
Food for thought or worth considering?
Also, is there a place to see all the past winners from months gone by?
Thanks,
B

Carotio
08-31-2007, 01:16 AM
If you look at mine from this month, I tried to make all 4 from the same event! But it's not always possible to get several good shots from an exciting event. But if known in advance it could be done...

Funny you should mention it. I have for a long time had in mind to make an overview of the status for winner in one year, showing the points of all participants of 2007 for instance. In 2007 we however had a change from one vote to two votes. The points from the one vote system would have to be transformed meaning the votes would be 3 points.
Maybe an excel document or something. If RJ is not up to do it, I would might do it...

Realjambo
08-31-2007, 10:40 AM
@ bfogel - I'm more than happy for people to have as their entry a series of 4 concurrent shots.

I also encourage forum members to talk about their shots too.

We'd need to have a commitment the majority of the regular entrants if we are to have a dedicated month's competition for concurrent shots. I'll post up a poll perhaps in the start of the Spetember's Entries Thread. By all means you are welcome to enter concurrent shots in the meantime and one of them may well win, you never know!

@ Carotio - That's something I have thought of too. The problem I foresee is that some of the threads have been lost in the Forum Crash, so I fear not all the information is there.

If you have the time, by all means have a go, PM me and I'd be pleased to help you where I can. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Carotio
08-31-2007, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Realjambo:
@ Carotio - That's something I have thought of too. The problem I foresee is that some of the threads have been lost in the Forum Crash, so I fear not all the information is there.

If you have the time, by all means have a go, PM me and I'd be pleased to help you where I can. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

I did a forum search a couple of weeks ago, and I saw that I would need a lot of time to do it, so I more or less decided that it's something I would might do for 2008 - hoping that people still play SH3 and more important that people still submit screenshots and even more important that people vote too. Sadly, it looks like many people have moved to SH4. Maybe 15-20 people submit screenshots and maybe the same amount of people vote...

So I think I will give the idea a thinking pause until december-january, about whether to do it and if then how. But I'll write you later...

bfogel
09-01-2007, 12:29 PM
Kewl, the interest seems interesting so far