PDA

View Full Version : Ubi Comedy of Errors in Last Few Weeks Alone !

ytareh
03-24-2011, 05:37 PM
"Distribution" has been a disaster from start to finish .Have been a loyal customer for almost ten years now and bought every version of the game released .Utterly disgusted but sadly not surprised...(Im in Rep of ireland)

GAME the biggest shop chain in UK and Ireland havent EVEN HEARD of ClOD with less than a month to go...

After a week of frantic searching I manage to place an order for boxed Collectors Edition with a finnish company.Get an email not long after saying Ubi have misled them and they will not be getting collectors edition after all...Payment refunded .

I finally decide to order from amazon.de ...presumably box ,manual etc in german but better than nothing at all...

Shortly after get email from THEM saying release delayed ...

Just yesterday discover that at last theres an option for non UK EU countries to buy boxed editions via Ubi...delighted and proceed to try order...Firefox wont work and Internet Explorer wont either...!!!Must have made a dozen orders flawlessly online in last few months ,this is only abortive one !

"Epilepsy Filter"!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????They SUNK SilentHunter with DRM and now seem determined to deliver a final coup de grace to IL2 with this utter nonsense...You couldnt make up this !

Ba5tard5word
03-24-2011, 05:54 PM
Oleg should have gone a LONG time ago to a proper distributor who actually cares about the product and cares about distributing it instead of trying to sabotage it at every turn with dumb management decisions.

Gibbage1
03-24-2011, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Ba5tard5word:
Oleg should have gone a LONG time ago to a proper distributor who actually cares about the product and cares about distributing it instead of trying to sabotage it at every turn with dumb management decisions.

+1 billion. The problem is, Ubi OWNES the brand IL2's distribution everywhere but Russia. So its Ubi's red-headed step child. Thats why it was labled everything BUT IL2 till just recently, but sadly, Oleg could not get out from under Ubi's thumb.

Cowboy10uk
03-24-2011, 06:09 PM
Lock on managed it, Im sure Oleg could to with a bit of work. Lets face it Ubisoft dont want sims, They have done their best to kill the 2 best sims they have on the books, and to be honest They managed to kill the 1st one fine, and it looks like the 2nd is on its last breath. Ubisoft is a joke, IF you dont want the franchaise then fine, BUT let it go, Dont do your best to destroy the damn thing. Im sick and tired of Ubishoft destroying everything they touch.

seamus1980
03-24-2011, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by ytareh:
"Distribution" has been a disaster from start to finish .Have been a loyal customer for almost ten years now and bought every version of the game released .Utterly disgusted but sadly not surprised...(Im in Rep of ireland)

GAME the biggest shop chain in UK and Ireland havent EVEN HEARD of ClOD with less than a month to go...

After a week of frantic searching I manage to place an order for boxed Collectors Edition with a finnish company.Get an email not long after saying Ubi have misled them and they will not be getting collectors edition after all...Payment refunded .

I finally decide to order from amazon.de ...presumably box ,manual etc in german but better than nothing at all...

Shortly after get email from THEM saying release delayed ...

Just yesterday discover that at last theres an option for non UK EU countries to buy boxed editions via Ubi...delighted and proceed to try order...Firefox wont work and Internet Explorer wont either...!!!Must have made a dozen orders flawlessly online in last few months ,this is only abortive one !

"Epilepsy Filter"!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????They SUNK SilentHunter with DRM and now seem determined to deliver a final coup de grace to IL2 with this utter nonsense...You couldnt make up this !
Im also from Rep of ireland and i 2 also tryed to order of unisoft today but when i tryed to pay by paypal a message came up about the item is not avalible in your country,what bull****,if they can ship to spain and other countries(listed in postage drop down)why not ireland,Ubisoft really ****ed up on this release

Rjel
03-24-2011, 07:07 PM
I'm so flippin' torn about this. Part of me wants to walk away from this fiasco. But, like most everyone else here, I want to support Oleg too. I'd rather do it so Ubi doesn't get a dime. I'd rather just send Oleg fifty bucks in the mail.

Feathered_IV
03-24-2011, 08:03 PM
Buy it on steam instead. It's a great way to give Ubisoft the finger. Check the temporary info link in my sig. More of your $$ will go to Oleg if you buy that way.

Ba5tard5word
03-24-2011, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Feathered_IV:
Buy it on steam instead. It's a great way to give Ubisoft the finger. Check the temporary info link in my sig. More of your $$ will go to Oleg if you buy that way.

Yeah but all of Ubi's dumb decisions will still be forced on the game.

knightflyte
03-24-2011, 10:35 PM
Im torn. I ordered from GoGamer two days ago. I have a real crap internet connection where my download speed is approx 88kbs. Can you imagine how long that would take to download?

I'll probably not cancel my order just so Oleg and crew get something.

My sister in the next city over has GREAT DSL. Can I DL STEAM's version of BoB* there and burn it to disc to play on my home PC?

*FU UBI. It's BoB. F*ckwits.

WTE_Galway
03-24-2011, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by cowboy10uk:
Lets face it Ubisoft dont want sims, They have done their best to kill the 2 best sims they have on the books, and to be honest They managed to kill the 1st one fine, and it looks like the 2nd is on its last breath. Ubisoft is a joke,

Well the CEO of Ubisoft was quoted in an interview only last month saying the "future of gaming" lay with facebook style games like Mafia Wars and Farm Town and Evony.

Apparently they are actually losing money on facebook style games but are pursuing that area relentlessly as they are convinced its the "next big thing".

http://www.siliconera.com/2011...ts-profits-says-ceo/ (http://www.siliconera.com/2011/02/14/digital-games-weighing-down-ubisofts-profits-says-ceo/)

At an investor Q&A conducted earlier today, Ubisoft CEO, Yves Guillemot, revealed that, while he believes digital content will be one of the driving forces behind the games industry in the future, at the moment, itís weighing down Ubisoftís profits.

Guillemot points to CSI: Crime City on Facebook, with 2 million average users per month, as a digital game the company is pleased with. Additionally, Ubisoft recently launched The Settlers Online in Germany, which is a free-to-play browser game where you pay for downloading additional content and perks to speed up your progress.

Guillemot says that, in the future, The Settlers Online will be released in Russia, Turkey, China and other regions where the free-to-play model has proven to be successful in the future. Additionally, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World was the highest-selling game on the PlayStation Network in the second half of 2010.

However, while these games have been of high quality, they havenít brought in much in terms of revenue, Guillemot revealed. He believes that the digital segment of the market will require a lot of investment before it finally starts to pay off, and that, at present, the cost of investment is higher than revenue gained in return.

Regardless, Ubisoft plan to remain committed to investing in this segment, Guillemot stated. In their next fiscal year, Ubisoft will launch a new digital initiative that they say will build upon experiences gained in the current fiscal year. The companyís next major digital game is Beyond Good & Evil HD, scheduled for release before the end of April.

doogerie
03-25-2011, 02:41 AM
oh this is bad if it makes the game unfit for perpous i am goignto SUE ubi For everything they got (people sued with Call of Duty so i know it can be done) and anyway whats wrong with a warning on the site or box downlode warning this game may induce Eplepsy there badley spelt but job done

Feathered_IV
03-25-2011, 04:17 AM
Even a message box warning that you physically have to click away every time you start up would be better than... ah F*ck it

PhantomKira
03-26-2011, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by WTE_Galway:
Well the CEO of Ubisoft was quoted in an interview only last month saying the "future of gaming" lay with facebook style games like Mafia Wars and Farm Town and Evony.

I've seen this. The amount of time people waste on these games is amazing. At least with a flight sim you're actually learning something!