PDA

View Full Version : IUB 1.03

chappy1900
01-30-2007, 10:09 PM
Hi guys, just got the game and i've been checking out realism mods for it.
I noticed one thats recommended is IUB 1.03 however all links to a download of this mod do not work (have searched this forum and via google) the latest version i can find (on filplanet) is 1.01

Anyone know where the 1.03 version can be obtained?

WilhelmSchulz.
01-30-2007, 10:37 PM
If youer gona do IuB, go with NYGM. Its Teddy Bar's best(he did IuB) Or GWX.

chappy1900
01-30-2007, 11:31 PM
so the latest NYGM for instance is an improved IUB?

Goose_Green
01-31-2007, 03:03 AM
Each super mod is an improvement of each other really. IUB (Improved U Boat) deals with better eye candy as compared to RUB. I played IUB for many months and I found the gameplay experience slightly more challenging than the stock or vanilla version of SH3, but enjoyable due to the eye candy and extra features.

NYGM is far more difficult than IUB mainly due to the damage model that is employed here and with other features such as the anti-humming bird effect (your sub will sink if you don't use any forward or reverse motion), although NYGM is a fantastic mod in it's own sense I found it lacked the eye candy compared to that of IUB or GW.

But, one feature I did enjoy with NYGM is that you are not rewarded with money or renown - this was changed to a tonnage total which is cumulative after each patrol. Upgrades for your subs and newer subs are free, but, and one big but - you are penalised in time as upgrading any equipment will cost you in time. Time taken for upgrading (installation of the equipment), training and work up/shakedown exercises etc.

Due to it's very nature NYGM was a far more realistic experience to that of IUB and RUB.

IMO the GW (Grey Wolves) and GWX (Grey Wolves Expansion) mods are really the best super mods ever created - and combine many of the features of the previous realistic and the eye candy mods into one tight package. Although I was a massive fan of the IUB mod I would never go back to it since playing the GWX mod - it really is worth all the hype!

chappy1900
01-31-2007, 04:17 PM
thanx for the info
i will try the GW(x) mods in that case if they are the latest and greatest. The more important facets for me are the realism ones. Things like woflpack, resupply, more realistic means of upgrades etc etc and it seems by your explanation that GW is the one for that stuff

Goose_Green
01-31-2007, 07:25 PM
Glad to be of some help.

Also, there is a very good mod that allows you to have multiple installs of SH3 and be able to have the enjoyment of the different mods. The mod is known as MultiSH3 and can be downloaded from UBRS (http://u-boot.realsimulation.com/) download "Must Have" section

chappy1900
01-31-2007, 11:00 PM
i have one more question if its not too much bother.
I've installed GWX now and im starting a career. I just skimmed the manual for GWX and noticed a lot of info about some of the operations and historical goings on. Are these elemtents (eg historical convoys and fleets etc) part of the career or only part of a scripted mission ?

Goose_Green
02-01-2007, 06:19 PM
You mean the extra radio messages etc?

If so these are just extra bits to help with the immersion feeling - these are not real contact reports for you to follow up on (which would be a nice idea though).

chappy1900
02-01-2007, 08:16 PM
ahh glad u told me that i was thinking about chasing some of those down (found a lat long converter for grids online)

What i was asking though was more specifically about historical scripted events such as normandy, cerberus, resupply of tobruk etc. Do these larger events occur at the correct time within a career? (theres quite a lot of detail about them in the GWX manual)

Also another question, (im gonna turn this into my generic questions thread), I coulda sworn in the stock version of the game i could move the recognition manuals around the screen but cant in GWX is this right or am i just dreaming that i could do it originally?