PDA

View Full Version : SC:PT - Xbox: An odyssey of game killing bugs

EpiphanyX
04-05-2005, 11:24 AM
I've spent hours on the internet trying to find out what the heck the problem is with my Xbox coop experiences thus far. It would appear from just about every forum I visit that the problems I am experiencing are common.

I really, really badly want to play coop and enjoy it but it is UNPLAYABLE. Call me naive about the games industry but I really feel like I was ripped off by Ubisoft and betrayed by the gaming media. None of the advanced reviews mentions anything about these common and consistent reproducable bugs.

I'm talking about the disconnects - pretty much every game has them.

Last night the game actually crashed my friend's Xbox. "Wow" he said, "It actually crashed my xbox. Never seen that happen before." I thought he was being over dramatic until about 5 minutes later my Xbox froze up and crashed.

Then there's the "Sound through headset" bug with another thread mentions. What happens basically is if you play through a level with a buddy and begin a new mission, at the start of the mission the host's Live communication setting inexplicably changes from headset to TV speakers. Now this might not seem like a big deal but it is - you can barely hear your teammate or it is waaay too loud. Either way, it's not good - and when you attempt to change the setting in the in-game menu, all kinds of weird stuff happens - like the crashes for example. One time the game claimed that I'm not on my friends list when I actually was. Later.

When you try and start a game in MISSION mode, it never lets you join a friends game or vice versa - you ALWAYS get the "This server is no longer available" message.

There is considerable lag in the game when there is any kind of ruckus going on onscreen. It's unbearable due to the fact that it happens when firefights break out and this is when you really need to be able to do things like aim or run/sneak away or do anything effectively in general.

This is a real shame. I beat the single player in 3 days, staying up late and being tired at work because it was so **** good. The one or two coop games I have been able to play were really exciting and fun but even those never made it to the end due to connection dropping at random time.

Ubisoft: I love you guys but I'm really, really appalled that you could release your product with so many bugs - bugs that have wasted hours of my time and countless other customers of yours. Why?

EpiphanyX
04-05-2005, 11:24 AM
I've spent hours on the internet trying to find out what the heck the problem is with my Xbox coop experiences thus far. It would appear from just about every forum I visit that the problems I am experiencing are common.

I really, really badly want to play coop and enjoy it but it is UNPLAYABLE. Call me naive about the games industry but I really feel like I was ripped off by Ubisoft and betrayed by the gaming media. None of the advanced reviews mentions anything about these common and consistent reproducable bugs.

I'm talking about the disconnects - pretty much every game has them.

Last night the game actually crashed my friend's Xbox. "Wow" he said, "It actually crashed my xbox. Never seen that happen before." I thought he was being over dramatic until about 5 minutes later my Xbox froze up and crashed.

Then there's the "Sound through headset" bug with another thread mentions. What happens basically is if you play through a level with a buddy and begin a new mission, at the start of the mission the host's Live communication setting inexplicably changes from headset to TV speakers. Now this might not seem like a big deal but it is - you can barely hear your teammate or it is waaay too loud. Either way, it's not good - and when you attempt to change the setting in the in-game menu, all kinds of weird stuff happens - like the crashes for example. One time the game claimed that I'm not on my friends list when I actually was. Later.

When you try and start a game in MISSION mode, it never lets you join a friends game or vice versa - you ALWAYS get the "This server is no longer available" message.

There is considerable lag in the game when there is any kind of ruckus going on onscreen. It's unbearable due to the fact that it happens when firefights break out and this is when you really need to be able to do things like aim or run/sneak away or do anything effectively in general.

This is a real shame. I beat the single player in 3 days, staying up late and being tired at work because it was so **** good. The one or two coop games I have been able to play were really exciting and fun but even those never made it to the end due to connection dropping at random time.

Ubisoft: I love you guys but I'm really, really appalled that you could release your product with so many bugs - bugs that have wasted hours of my time and countless other customers of yours. Why?