PDA

View Full Version : equipment for teammates

RainbowRanger1
07-18-2008, 06:00 PM
I was wondering why in vegas 1 and 2 have you not been able to choose what equipment your teammates would wear or use. I remember when i use to play raven shield you could choose what weapons they use and what equipment they would wear. It's funny how your teammates can take so much hits with the equipment they wear which isn't really protective, yet you die alot quicker with highly protective kevlar. It's even more funny how you can die from a weak weapon like a sub-machine gun so quick, but it takes more then 1 shot TO THE HEAD with a powerful rifle from a medium to far range, which is suppose to be a assault rifles advantage over a sub machine gun. Sometimes even at close range it takes more then 1 shot to take them down for good.

MD_Sennet
07-18-2008, 06:18 PM
Because UBI made the decision that any form of planning or preparation could no longer be a part of the Rainbow Six franchise since their "top notch" market research indicated that after 5 seconds of non activity on the screen, ADD kids would get bored and ask their mommy's to go out and buy them CoD4 instead.

RainbowRanger1
07-18-2008, 09:50 PM
wow - thats stupid. then what about PEC - im sure you spend more then a minute creating a character .....

Doc_Gerbil_1
07-19-2008, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by RainbowRanger1:
wow - thats stupid. then what about PEC - im sure you spend more then a minute creating a character .....

Yeah, but PEC is totally optional. Not touching it keeps you looking like your teammates too. Some people like myself love to customize the PEC every time they load up the game. Others, like my friend who loves GRAW2 and COD4, just like to run and gun. He doesn't like the PEC - he said "give me a tank top and some aviators so I can rock it Rambo style" and was ready to go, nevermind the fact he had virtually no protection.

I think what Ubi was trying to do here was make a more accessible game to a larger group of people than previous RB6 games. (I would love to see the sales numbers of all of these games, I could be totally right or wrong) You see the success of a series like Halo or Call of Duty and realize it's a pick-up-and play shooter. Most people don't have the patience to go through a learning curve, set up everything, and THEN play the game; has anyone else seen the complaints about how you spend half of GTA4 trying to figure out how to play it?

neilthecellist
07-19-2008, 07:53 PM
Clothing = durrrr, that's what fanboys care about, making their character look all "COOL" and more "l33t" than their peers. It's funny to go on a server and hear some players fight and flame each other over who's PEC is cooler.

Talk about a waste of time.

Ubisoft, get a grip. You've been Digged, Blogged, and now Slashdotted and Kotaku'ed for your piracy grips. If you don't think that's low enough, fine, don't let us customize equipment for teammates in future games, just keep developing crap-quality games so that we can keep laughing.

(The employees at my local Gamestop were just talking about your little piracy act with their customers... If this isn't bad enough, then I don't know what is.)

MD_Sennet
07-19-2008, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Doc_Gerbil_1:
I think what Ubi was trying to do here was make a more accessible game to a larger group of people than previous RB6 games. (I would love to see the sales numbers of all of these games
As would I.

I'd like to compare specifically the pc sales of Rainbow Six and Rogues Spear with Vegas 1 and 2.

RainbowRanger1
07-19-2008, 08:45 PM
Even though they did intend to make vegas 1 and 2 for a more larger group of people, it doesn't mean you should take out some key features in the game that made the previous versions of RBS successful. The game even says for itself, its a "tactical" shooter. And alot of tactical shooters do require some sort of set-up before play or patience at least during the game. Now i may be wrong, but even games like GRAW 2 and CoD 4 do require some sort of set up before you actually play the game. For cod 4, choosing what perks and weapon you use takes some time. And for graw2 , choosing the weapons, teammates you want depending on the situation your in or mission, and planning, coordinating waypoints.

If you see the work between raven shield and vegas 1 and 2, in my POV, i think i see more work in raven shield. The game was top-notch and very successful. even if you exclude the work on graphic and crap like that (because back then they didn't have the software and hardware to make the games look visually like what games look like today) you can see that alot of work was put in. Even small things like your a.i. covering your back when your walking down a hallway impresses me because that shows that they put alot of work to make the game the best in its class, which was a tactical game. Well for what is now when your walking down a hallway in vegas 1 and 2 no1 covers your back because there all to lazy walking in one direction ready to point and shoot at a target ahead of you instead of behind which where you can be flanked or, killed.

taj75755
07-19-2008, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by neilthecellist:
Clothing = durrrr, that's what fanboys care about, making their character look all "COOL" and more "l33t" than their peers. It's funny to go on a server and hear some players fight and flame each other over who's PEC is cooler.

Ubisoft, get a grip. You've been Digged, Blogged, and now Slashdotted and Kotaku'ed for your piracy grips. If you don't think that's low enough, fine, don't let us customize equipment for teammates in future games, just keep developing crap-quality games so that we can keep laughing.

(The employees at my local Gamestop were just talking about your little piracy act with their customers... If this isn't bad enough, then I don't know what is.)

I play In games where i hear a kid go "omg dude check out my k00l custom camo!! i look like a crayon" !!!!!.

Well me...? I just wear all black.

Also, how about next time Ubi actually makes Armour useful? please...

GroundBranch
07-20-2008, 06:31 AM

If you had played the full back catalogue of R6 games! Which you evidently have not example: (In another thread you claimed Raven Shield had no snow missions) dubious statement to make since if you had played the game you would know there was! Same as your unconvincing statement about a dual core CPU of 3.5 ghz had a cycle speed of 7 ghz? your statements are always totally flawed!

You see, me and the rest of the R6 old guard demographic on here like to plan a CT assault first! By selecting kit & gear for the rest of the team depending on the mission scenario, I am not talking PEC here i.e. BS pink camo and sc-fi looking body armour and the rest of the crap Vegas has to offer! I am talking about kitting your team out for a CQB CT situation!

Customised team kit example CQB hostage siege in an Embassy:

1. Dress: black BDUs, black balaclava, ballistic goggles/ski mask type
2. Armour: black light Chest & knee only
3. Weapon load out: each individual operator carries a unique weapon depending on his mission task MP5 + USP pistol + entry shotgun/Remington 870

This customisation changes within each mission depending on the parameters of geographical location, open areas and CQB in built up areas/room to room. Team customisation is essential, its realistic and it has been in every R6 game until Vegas came along! And as far as the words fanboi and leet! Please leave that terminology for the counter strike and HALO forums! I don't use BS terms like that... I purchased my first R6 game in 1998! I was 24yrs old! Do the math! I aint no fanboi!!!!!!!!!

neilthecellist
07-20-2008, 06:49 AM
GroundBranch, I am sorry, but it is YOU who missed the point.

My post was utter, 100% pure sarcasm.

GroundBranch
07-20-2008, 10:13 AM
GroundBranch, I am sorry, but it is YOU who missed the point.

My post was utter, 100% pure sarcasm.

It is YOU that missed the point completely; you have no real understanding of the dynamics of a R6 game... just like your understanding of dual core technology? 100% pure sarcasm wrapped up in a box and given just to you, with your name written all over it, and that name is BS

RainbowRanger1
07-20-2008, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by GroundBranch:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by neilthecellist:

If you had played the full back catalogue of R6 games! Which you evidently have not example: (In another thread you claimed Raven Shield had no snow missions) dubious statement to make since if you had played the game you would know there was! Same as your unconvincing statement about a dual core CPU of 3.5 ghz had a cycle speed of 7 ghz? your statements are always totally flawed!

You see, me and the rest of the R6 old guard demographic on here like to plan a CT assault first! By selecting kit & gear for the rest of the team depending on the mission scenario, I am not talking PEC here i.e. BS pink camo and sc-fi looking body armour and the rest of the crap Vegas has to offer! I am talking about kitting your team out for a CQB CT situation!

Customised team kit example CQB hostage siege in an Embassy:

1. Dress: black BDUs, black balaclava, ballistic goggles/ski mask type
2. Armour: black light Chest & knee only
3. Weapon load out: each individual operator carries a unique weapon depending on his mission task MP5 + USP pistol + entry shotgun/Remington 870

This customisation changes within each mission depending on the parameters of geographical location, open areas and CQB in built up areas/room to room. Team customisation is essential, its realistic and it has been in every R6 game until Vegas came along! And as far as the words fanboi and leet! Please leave that terminology for the counter strike and HALO forums! I don't use BS terms like that... I purchased my first R6 game in 1998! I was 24yrs old! Do the math! I aint no fanboi!!!!!!!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you are right on spot. Like what you said, using the right equipment is essential to doing a successful mission. not like on vegas 1 and 2, one of your buddies use a machine gun in CQB area's. Kind of un realistic. btw - rogue spear was the first rainbow six game i played lol

MD_Sennet
07-20-2008, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by RainbowRanger1:
And alot of tactical shooters do require some sort of set-up before play or patience at least during the game. Now i may be wrong, but even games like GRAW 2 and CoD 4 do require some sort of set up before you actually play the game. For cod 4, choosing what perks and weapon you use takes some time
You are wrong. We are talking about set-up before play meaning the planning phase of the single player campaign and how removing that entirely in Vegas 1 and 2 has changed this game from a tactical challenge to a linear, point-me-in-the-right-direction and fire snoozefest.

And you're comparing it to the laughably ******ed 'perks' system in CoD4, which isn't even part of the single player.

RainbowRanger1
07-20-2008, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by MD_Sennet:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RainbowRanger1:
And alot of tactical shooters do require some sort of set-up before play or patience at least during the game. Now i may be wrong, but even games like GRAW 2 and CoD 4 do require some sort of set up before you actually play the game. For cod 4, choosing what perks and weapon you use takes some time
You are wrong. We are talking about set-up before play meaning the planning phase of the single player campaign and how removing that entirely in Vegas 1 and 2 has changed this game from a tactical challenge to a linear, point-me-in-the-right-direction and fire snoozefest.

And you're comparing it to the laughably ******ed 'perks' system in CoD4, which isn't even part of the single player. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol see i knew i was wrong about something xD

RainbowRanger1
07-21-2008, 06:02 PM
oh yea i forgot to add something. This has nothing to do with equipment, but reality. I feel that the reaction time in this game is bad. I saw this documentary on the SAS. Now this game ain't based of them, but reaction times are all the same in any special forces your in. Anyways, when your out of ammo for your main weapon, your pistol is your last resort. Now special forces or lets say swat usually train you to have a quick reaction time. But in the case, when you pull your pistol out, first you put your weapon on your back which is like 5 seconds, and then you pull out your pistol, which is like another 2 or 3. 7-8 seconds just to get your pistol out. you might as well throw it at them then point it at them. What special forces usually do is they let go of there primary weapon so it hangs infront of there body because its on a strap, and then you would pull out your pistol out quickly. That would take at least less then 5 seconds. There something's in this game Ubi hasn't touched on. If they said its a tactical shooter, at least they should add things like this in order to get it in its right way.