PDA

View Full Version : Ideas.

NMBR1GAMER
02-10-2005, 06:41 PM
I , along with many others, think the changes to the double jump were a bad idea. If you jump on a merc or put him to sleep then why can't you just reach down and break his neck or take his gun, jumping on him a second time is just fine. It is **** near impossible to grab a merc, now how are we suppose to kill them. You can't even shock them and then jump on them(it kills you, how lame is that). If you are going to put it in CT atleast make it an option. I used to love SC:PT. I was so excited when I found out about the patch, but when I found out that you die if you jump on a merc after they wake up or when you shock them, it sickened me. That is the worst thing you could have done. As far as spawn killing, in a militery situation one way to win the battle is to keep the enemy troops from ever getting to the battle field, it's just smart play. Both of these things should be optional. I had three SC:CTs reserved(2 limited edition and 1 regular). When I found out the these chabges would be put into part 3 I took them off of reservation and will now be renting first. PLEASE don't mess up an awesome game with bad features.

NMBR1GAMER
02-10-2005, 06:41 PM
I , along with many others, think the changes to the double jump were a bad idea. If you jump on a merc or put him to sleep then why can't you just reach down and break his neck or take his gun, jumping on him a second time is just fine. It is **** near impossible to grab a merc, now how are we suppose to kill them. You can't even shock them and then jump on them(it kills you, how lame is that). If you are going to put it in CT atleast make it an option. I used to love SC:PT. I was so excited when I found out about the patch, but when I found out that you die if you jump on a merc after they wake up or when you shock them, it sickened me. That is the worst thing you could have done. As far as spawn killing, in a militery situation one way to win the battle is to keep the enemy troops from ever getting to the battle field, it's just smart play. Both of these things should be optional. I had three SC:CTs reserved(2 limited edition and 1 regular). When I found out the these chabges would be put into part 3 I took them off of reservation and will now be renting first. PLEASE don't mess up an awesome game with bad features.

e_con
02-10-2005, 06:56 PM
First, why did you have three SC:CT copies preodered? second, it would be too easy for the mercs to die. ubi is just trying to make it fun to play both sides, thats all. usually people fight to play as spy, and if they dont want to be a merc, they quit(which is dumb). ubi is trying to make it cool to be a merc.

NMBR1GAMER
02-10-2005, 07:30 PM
I had one LE to keep unopened, one LE to play, and 1 for guests. They die too easy, are you kidding my. You had two ways to kill a merc before now you have one, and good luck grabimg them. I was hard to win as a spy before now it's next to impossible unless you have two REALLY stupid mercs.

street12scct
02-10-2005, 07:37 PM
man what a newb to the scpt mp its really easy to grab a merck just use smoke grenades untill u get behind them press a. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/351.gif

Dark_U_S_A
02-10-2005, 07:37 PM
one question..are you RICH?
one for guests? I am lucky I get an LE.
And the game is already balanced! Please stop posting to ask for changes in SvM!

NMBR1GAMER
02-10-2005, 08:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by street12scct:
man what a newb to the scpt mp its really easy to grab a merck just use smoke grenades untill u get behind them press a. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/351.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
The grab is so glitchy that most of the time all you do is punch them, and if that player has a bad connection then you will never grab them.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dark_U_S_A:
one question..are you RICH?
one for guests? I am lucky I get an LE.
And the game is already balanced! Please stop posting to ask for changes in SvM! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm not rich I have friends that come over and want to play all the time. I liked the balance the way it was before the patch. Now the game is stupid.

Leprechaun9
02-10-2005, 10:10 PM
The game is stupid? Are you sure your old enough for this forum?

John HX
02-10-2005, 11:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Leprechaun9:
The game is _stupid?_ Are you sure your old enough for this forum? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Even if he is he's proboably at least 5 years short of the M rating http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Naruto07
02-11-2005, 08:40 AM
hmmm i don't really like the sounds of not being able to double jump the merc, since it was a huge part of the gameplay in pt, yes i thought it was a very cheesie no skilled technique if you used a sticky cam to put the guy to sleep than double jump him for the kill, but to do it while playing the game naturally required some skill and timing, hopefully they add it in as an option to enable or disable the double jump at least that would satisfy both the players who liked the older style of gameplay and the people who prefer the newer way. Furthermore, they could just have made the jumping more precise and accurate like there were times when i jumped off the ledge and i would nail the merc and he wasn't even under me, sure it could be lag, but there was times i was even hosting and i coudl hit the merc when he wasn't right under me.

Rexen_
02-11-2005, 09:13 AM
"now how are we suppose to kill them."
Ehm, just DON`T do it!

SO WHAT if it`s hard to kill mercs. It`s not like you`re supposed to do that.

Now when much of the security-systems are gone, it`s perfectly possible to win without killing merc. If you can`t win when being stealthy, get some practice, and stop whining.

TheBrokenDog
02-11-2005, 09:44 AM
"How are we supposed to kill them"? I don't have any problems. Running up to a man with a gun, and grabbing him by the neck is next to ******ed anyway. You're lucky merc weapons aren't one shot kills. The idea you CAN rush a heavily armed, full armored soldier and just grab him by the neck is obsurd.

Thus they remidied this. Not by increasing damage to one shot kills, but by giving the merc a chance to defend himself, at the expense of a chance for spies to actually get the hell away...

So again, the question is posed, "How are we supposed to kill them"? I answer you this. Very freakin' carefully! If you have to rely on smoke, flashes, or tazers in a vain attempt to get behind someone, you're playing the game all wrong. Again, what sense does it make to charge a heavily armed man with your bare freakin' hands? Yeah, gadgets, but that's bull.

Try hiding. Try not making any noise. Try setting up diversions. Try working with your team mate. If all else fails, you're doing something very very wrong, because it's extremely easy to grab a mercenary now. Not only is it much more reliable, but the hit box for the grab itself is expanded. If the merc doesn't know you are there, he is as good as dead. Use the weapon of deception, and stealth. It is unbelievably powerful.

Of course, if you're STILL intent on geting kills as a spy, you've missed the point of the game entirely. This is an objective oriented game. Your goal as the spy is NOT to kill the mercenaries. It is to secure critical data. It is to sabatoge. Your goals are the computers. Data disks. Critical points of infastructures. You'd be surprised how easy it is to win as a spy if you actually attempt to complete objectives instead of maybe using them to bait mercenaries. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Now, I can perfectly understand your disappointement. This is an extremely niche game mode. I love the hell out of it. If you REALLY want to play 'old school'. Set up your own server with alternate game settings. Disable some of the merc's new moves. Turn on lethal drop tech. Sure, you can't SS+double jump, but think of it this way. That's a painfully cheap way to get an INSTANT kill. There is hardly any skill in it. Lethal drop tech is very believable, but rather difficult.

That being the case it is extremely rewarding when you pull it off. Sure, you may still have to be careful about what you are doing, but that's the point. Bum rushing a guy with a gun... an assault rifle/sub-machine gun/shotgun is ******ed. Be careful about it and PLAN your attacks. Don't just run in, throw a flash/drop a smoke or run in circles until you grab. How in the world did anyone find that fun? Ah well. I'm not ripping on you man, but gameplay in PT was pretty ******ed from my perspective. I can find DM fun in CT, because it's reasonably more realistic. I'm not looking for over the top realism, but comical stuff like dropping smoke and dancing with an armed man before you break his neck was a joke.

Good luck. Hope you can get some more options to run your servers the way you want.

John HX
02-11-2005, 09:51 AM
*crowd cheers*
Dog seems to have a nack for speeches. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

SikoraB
02-11-2005, 01:23 PM
Great speach!!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

cellfan88
02-11-2005, 03:41 PM
Yeah it was very good! I agree too!

cooldude6681
02-11-2005, 04:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Naruto07:
hmmm i don't really like the sounds of not being able to double jump the merc, since it was a huge part of the gameplay in pt, yes i thought it was a very cheesie no skilled technique if you used a sticky cam to put the guy to sleep than double jump him for the kill, but to do it while playing the game naturally required some skill and timing, hopefully they add it in as an option to enable or disable the double jump at least that would satisfy both the players... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>right here I yelled out, "Oh, my God! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/351.gif None of you have played the game if you don't know about this feature!"<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>...who liked the older style of gameplay and the people who prefer the newer way. Furthermore, they could just have made the jumping more precise and accurate like there were times when i jumped off the ledge and i would nail the merc and he wasn't even under me, sure it could be lag, but there was times i was even hosting and i coudl hit the merc when he wasn't right under me. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
omfg, if play the game set to Alternate (in Session Options) and set Lethal Drop Tech. to be Checked then one drop ****ing kills the **** mercs! Play it that way, unskilled n00bs! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

*breathes deeply* alright, now I've got all that anger out of my system.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TheBrokenDog:
but the hit box for the grab itself is expanded. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Yea, but you still have to be right behind the mercs (can't be to one side or the other) and facing them, otherwise you just smack them. Annoying.

....just finished reading the whole of TheBrokenDog's post. Oh. You said all that already. Darn. Well, something you didn't say...<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by NMBR1GAMER:
had two ways to kill a merc before now you have one <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Um, you have 4 ways to kill mercs now: Lethal Drop Tech., Neck Snap, Choking To Death, and Ledge Pull. But, like Dog said...that's not the best way to play the game (story mode, at least).