03-23-2005, 07:28 PM
http://xbox.ign.com/articles/598/598423p1.html

Dawg605
03-23-2005, 07:28 PM
http://xbox.ign.com/articles/598/598423p1.html

Chaos_Recon
03-23-2005, 07:30 PM
W00000000000000000T! THANK YOU YES OMG OMG OMG HAVING A SEISURE

HOLY **** THAT CO-OP VID NOW THIS YE SYE SYE SYE YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cellfan88
03-23-2005, 07:31 PM
Hey IGN doesnt work on my comp what score did it get?

Chaos_Recon
03-23-2005, 07:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cellfan88:
Hey IGN doesnt work on my comp what score did it get? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
9.6!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maggot92004
03-23-2005, 07:32 PM
nice! I want the PS2 review...lol

ChaosTheory13
03-23-2005, 07:40 PM
9.6 great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bergeyman
03-23-2005, 07:42 PM
****, i REALLY expected higher from ign. good score nonetheless, but still...... lol

stealthmaster736
03-23-2005, 07:45 PM
A 9.6 obviously show's UBI has some more work to do for future SC games.I was expecting an 9.8...but actually, it's the view of one person.Because only one person reviews the game.SC got a 9.6.PT got a 9.5.And CT matches back up with SC with a 9.6.

chaos_theory16
03-23-2005, 08:28 PM
Pretty cool http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif Thanks!

thermalgoggles
03-23-2005, 08:36 PM
man, that is bullsh**! how can chaos theory only get a 9.6?? the first splinter cell got a 9.6! ign has always been a *****ish rating site for games that actually require talent and thinking. just look at gta:san andreas. they gave it a 9.9. why? because all it requires you to do is shoot the f*** out of everything! a 9.0 for gameplay? splinter cell has the most solid gameplay you can find. 9.5 for longetivity?! they gave pandora tomorrow a 10 for longetivity and chaos theory has a lot more to offer. i know 9.6 isn't a bad score, but chaos theory deserves better. it just doesn't add up. like i said, they only like games that require minimal to no talent or thinking.

Chaos_Recon
03-23-2005, 08:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by thermalgoggles:
man, that is bullsh**! how can chaos theory only get a 9.6?? the first splinter cell got a 9.6! ign has always been a *****ish rating site for games that actually require talent and thinking. just look at gta:san andreas. they gave it a 9.9. why? because all it requires you to do is shoot the f*** out of everything! a 9.0 for gameplay? splinter cell has the most solid gameplay you can find. 9.5 for longetivity?! they gave pandora tomorrow a 10 for longetivity and chaos theory has a lot more to offer. i know 9.6 isn't a bad score, but chaos theory deserves better. it just doesn't add up. like i said, they only like games that require minimal to no talent or thinking. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Chill man. 9.6 is a great score! When the hell did everyone's standards get so frickin' high?

Nightmarecast24
03-23-2005, 08:39 PM
I think if Hilary Goldstein or Doug Perry had reviewed it that it would have scored higher, they seemed most excited about it than anyone at IGN or Gamespot combined.

Nightmarecast24
03-23-2005, 08:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chaos_Recon:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by thermalgoggles:
man, that is bullsh**! how can chaos theory only get a 9.6?? the first splinter cell got a 9.6! ign has always been a *****ish rating site for games that actually require talent and thinking. just look at gta:san andreas. they gave it a 9.9. why? because all it requires you to do is shoot the f*** out of everything! a 9.0 for gameplay? splinter cell has the most solid gameplay you can find. 9.5 for longetivity?! they gave pandora tomorrow a 10 for longetivity and chaos theory has a lot more to offer. i know 9.6 isn't a bad score, but chaos theory deserves better. it just doesn't add up. like i said, they only like games that require minimal to no talent or thinking. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Chill man. 9.6 is a great score! When the hell did everyone's standards get so frickin' high? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
LOL! I know huh. I guess they all wipe their asses with hundred dollar bills too. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

thermalgoggles
03-23-2005, 08:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally quoted by Chaos_Recon:
Chill man. 9.6 is a great score! When the hell did everyone's standards get so frickin' high?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
this has nothing to do with standards. if it was about my standards i would have said i was dissapointed in chaos theory, not the reviewers. it just goes to show that people don't know how to rate video games. just look at the score. it doesn't add up. the first splinter cell got a 9.6. chaos theory has a whole lot more to offer. they gave a pointless grand theft auto game a 9.9! all people want out of video games now a days is drugs, alcohol, ******s, and murderous rampages.

romanianusa
03-23-2005, 09:01 PM
A score of 9.6 just proved how inconsistent and flaw IGN's reviews are. The first Splinter Cell got a 9.6 and now Chaos gets 9.6. Chaos would destroyed Splinter Cell 1 in every way possible...there is no doubt Chaos should get higher than 9.6. Giving it a 9.6 make it seem like Chaos is just as fun as Splinter Cell 1....which is not true....here's an example...in PT they give it 10 for lasting appeal...and in Chaos?? 9.5....NO WAY in hell Chaos get beat by PT for having the same mode online, plus COOP!!!! Rediculous....something is wrong with the review!!

Some people just don't use their head when it come to judging games..that's all i got to say.

Osman_H
03-23-2005, 09:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nightmarecast24:
I think if Hilary Goldstein or Doug Perry had reviewed it that it would have scored higher, they seemed most excited about it than anyone at IGN or Gamespot combined. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
ya i think if one of them reveiwed it, it would have a slightly higher score. and to thermalgoggles ps2 has a different rating system, and its a different type of game

Chaos4Sure
03-23-2005, 09:22 PM
Very dissapointing score. I guess people cant appreciate a good game.

romanianusa
03-23-2005, 09:53 PM
If they based the score on expectation...then yes that's true expectations grow with time....BUT and this is huge "BUT," you don't give games SIMILAR score especially based on the SAME GAME!!! This fool people into thinking that Splinter Cell 1 is just as fun as Chaos Theory, which is TOTALLY not true at all. And you DON'T give PT a 10.0 for lasting appeal while Chaos gets 9.5 which is ABSOLUTELY laughable. Chaos beat the previous series in every way and therefore should get a higher score than the previous version...any lower than that prove how flaw and inconsitent IGN's reviews are...because simply put...Chaos beat out the other versions in every way possible.

If this does not prove how flaw IGN's rating system is..then let me give you another example: Let's say Splinter Cell 1 gets a score of 9.6 and the developer come out with Splinter Cell 2 and amazingly Splinter Cell 2 is SIMILAR in EVERYWAY (contents, boxart..) as Splinter Cell 1!!! NOW, you're telling me Splinter Cell 2 should get lower than 9.6 because of time??? C'mon plz!! Rediculous...HOW CAN both game based on the same contents get a different scores??? Do you get the point now?? Do you see how flaw IGN's rating system is now???? Do you see how misleading IGN's reviews are and how it mislead consumers?? If Splinter Cell gets 9.6 and Splinter 2 (which are the same game as Splinter Cell 1) gets 9.5 or 9.4, consumers are going to be thinking...how pointless is the reviews since both games are based on the same contents and yet get different scores.

Chaos4Sure
03-23-2005, 10:03 PM
You are right, in some ways. Most reveiwers have been giving chaos theory lower scores than it deserves, except OXM and Xbox world. The first game ha gret reveiws, and the second one had basically the same as the first. Now, ubi starts the game from scratch and rebuilds it to make the perfect splintercell, and they still give it the same score? Are they saying, with all the improvements, that scct is still the same as the first? That, with the two multiplayer modes, that The first one had the same amount of entertainment as chaos theory? I now hate IGN.

believeinchaos
03-23-2005, 10:10 PM
scct is just a re-vamp in graphics and new gadgets with a few co-op levels thrown in. this is what ign must be thinking. i know that scct is much more than that but still, you have to see it from ign's point of view. to conclude: ign is stupid http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Chaos4Sure
03-23-2005, 10:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by atarumoroboshi:
Hello, this is Reality speaking. I'm sorry Sir, that game has yet to be released. Have a nice day... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hello, this is reality speaking, your gehy. Have a nice day..

Any ways,

The only two complaints they had and i quote were

1."The storyline is convulated, but it can be ignored"- SC stories are one of themajor reasons i buy sc games, i love them.

2. "The game may be more action than stealth, but its still immensely satisfying."-what the %&&, The game lets you play how you want to. Action or stealth. I really hate IGN.

atarumoroboshi
03-23-2005, 10:49 PM
The game isn't out yet, none of you have played the full version yet and think that you can give it a review score? Play the game before you review it.

BTW: Sorry for the last post.

Nightmarecast24
03-23-2005, 10:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by atarumoroboshi:
The game isn't out yet, none of you have played the full version yet and think that you can give it a review score? Play the game before you review it.

BTW: Sorry for the last post. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well here is my theory on the fans here.
My theory is that they were blown away by a demo a month ago and the demo we got was a seriously early build, so with that said the finished product will give them nothing shorter than 50 orgasms when playing.

I gave it a 10 when I saw it back at E3 because it was/is the game of my dreams, so as far as im concerned, the only game that can top this is the next Splinter Cell.

That is how I see our fanboyism of the game, this is one of the few games that I call perfect, right next to Ninja Gaiden it goes.

Chaos4Sure
03-23-2005, 11:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nightmarecast24:

BTW: Sorry for the last post. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well here is my theory on the fans here.
My theory is that they were blown away by a demo a month ago and the demo we got was a seriously early build, so with that said the finished product will give them nothing shorter than 50 orgasms when playing.

I gave it a 10 when I saw it back at E3 because it was/is the game of my dreams, so as far as im concerned, the only game that can top this is the next Splinter Cell.

That is how I see our fanboyism of the game, this is one of the few games that I call perfect, right next to Ninja Gaiden it goes. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

YEAH!!OK!!WHAT!!YEAH!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

Rbdb1R
03-23-2005, 11:37 PM
why are you complaining about a 9.6!? Its a great score

the_sextein
03-24-2005, 12:17 AM
I don't really understand how a game that allows you to get a 100% stealth score is considered more action then stealth. As for the story I will have to wait and see. If it is anything like the first 2 then I will like it. If it is more confusing and causes the player to actaully piece the story together then I will like it even more.

As for the rating system I don't think there is anything wrong with giving it a 9.6. The first splintercell was a breakthrough game. Walking through cool looking shadows and sneaking up on people is not fresh or new anymore. The first game was a pioneer and it pushed things alot harder. Sure SCCT is way better but the gaming industry has moved on. They are saying that SCCT is just a revolutionary as going from no splintercell to splintercell 1. That is a good score.
Graphics have gotten better in all games. Having updated graphics won't do anything for it. It has to push graphics beyond anything done before and even though it did it's not that huge of a leap. 96% is a great score are you guys saying you don't believe that a 4% improvement could be made to this game? Just from playing the demo I can tell you that the game is fantastic but I can see room for improvement.

In two years they could release a new splintercell that is 2X better then SCCT and it could easily get an 89%. It's simple you have to compare the game to current graphics, sounds, gameplay, and current games in general. Maybe in 2006 a game will come out that is better then splintercell in every way. Then splintercell four could still be 2X better then splintercell SCCT and still get a lower score. It makes perfect sense. If SCCT got a perfect 10 then what would they give a game that is 2X better then it if they didn't take into consideration where the game industry is as a whole? As for GTA I have to admit that I like splintercell more but It pushed the PS2's technology to the absolute limit. IT is the largest game world ever and you get alot more play time out of it. Also the game appeals to a larger audiance. Overall it is not surprising that it got a better score though a perfect 10 is dumb considering the graphics were not top notch and the same bugs that have been with the series since GTA 3 were still included.

Patatje.be
03-24-2005, 12:49 AM
What are u people all wound up for. 9,6 is an axcelent score. It's not unusual that the 1st splintercell get's a higher score (or en equal one)

U just jave to see it in the timesetting it was released. U have to compare the game to other games that are published @ the same time. Each year the standards for a good gae become higher, and that i where a game get's rated by. No point in comparing this game with 3 year old games.

Just use ure common sense http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

deepthroat77
03-24-2005, 02:22 AM
what the ****?!why whhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyy that bastard david clayman must die!!!!!!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gifthey gave the gameplay 9.0 i think i am going to email that (enter swear word here).doug and hil are much better than him

KSaiyu
03-24-2005, 03:52 AM
I don't care about the 9.6 since I don't care about overall scores from IGN, I'm just a little confused as to the 9.0 for gameplay. I REALLY don't understand what Ubi had to do to get a better score from them in this area....

Also, I can't understand the "more action than stealth" comment under gameplay at all. I thought one of the complaints they had for the previous Splinter Cells was that they didn't have enough action in and it was too linear.

Chaos_Recon
03-24-2005, 05:32 AM
You guys are SO ignorant. The game is way better than SC1, because standards have changed since SC1's release.

9.6 in 2005 &gt; 9.6 in 2003

Knot3D
03-24-2005, 07:09 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chaos4Sure:
The only two complaints they had and i quote were

1."The storyline is convulated, but it can be ignored"- SC stories are one of themajor reasons i buy sc games, i love them.

2. "The game may be more action than stealth, but its still immensely satisfying."-what the %&&, The game lets you play how you want to. Action or stealth. I really hate IGN. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agree ! I have NO problem with the 9.6 score, but the review feels kinda flimsy and half @ssed. I don't expect Gamespot to rank it alot better either ; maybe 0.2 higher or even lower.

I'm kinda waiting for the PC reviews, so...

Dangerous_388
03-24-2005, 07:14 AM
I never liked ign. They are ps2 fanboys

Ghost_Leader_1
03-24-2005, 09:06 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chaos_Recon:
You guys are SO ignorant. The game is way better than SC1, because standards have changed since SC1's release.

9.6 in 2005 &gt; 9.6 in 2003 <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And a 9.9 for san andreas is still &gt; than 9.6 for SC:CT

That's what's BS. If you think that SA is a better game than whatever CT turns out to be, then you've been hitting the pipe far too many times. The graphics and co-op alone make CT a better game than that POS so how does it score higher than CT? Simple, ign are ***boys...fanboys of PS2. I'm certainly not a fan of Ubi and I've gotten banned because of it, but this game sets the bar higher than anything to come before it, on ANY console. Like it or not, this game deserved better. You WON'T see a better game on this console or PS2 because the current hardware won't allow it.

DisTurBeD_MuNkY
03-24-2005, 09:50 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by romanianusa:
If they based the score on expectation...then yes that's true expectations grow with time....BUT and this is huge "BUT," you don't give games SIMILAR score especially based on the SAME GAME!!! This fool people into thinking that Splinter Cell 1 is just as fun as Chaos Theory, which is TOTALLY not true at all. And you DON'T give PT a 10.0 for lasting appeal while Chaos gets 9.5 which is ABSOLUTELY laughable. Chaos beat the previous series in every way and therefore should get a higher score than the previous version...any lower than that prove how flaw and inconsitent IGN's reviews are...because simply put...Chaos beat out the other versions in every way possible.

If this does not prove how flaw IGN's rating system is..then let me give you another example: Let's say Splinter Cell 1 gets a score of 9.6 and the developer come out with Splinter Cell 2 and amazingly Splinter Cell 2 is SIMILAR in EVERYWAY (contents, boxart..) as Splinter Cell 1!!! NOW, you're telling me Splinter Cell 2 should get lower than 9.6 because of time??? C'mon plz!! Rediculous...HOW CAN both game based on the same contents get a different scores??? Do you get the point now?? Do you see how flaw IGN's rating system is now???? Do you see how misleading IGN's reviews are and how it mislead consumers?? If Splinter Cell gets 9.6 and Splinter 2 (which are the same game as Splinter Cell 1) gets 9.5 or 9.4, consumers are going to be thinking...how pointless is the reviews since both games are based on the same contents and yet get different scores. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How stupid that is. Are you saying that time has no relevence where the review score is concerned? When games are reviewed they are done so and compared with the kind of things coming out around that time period, too. That's like someone bringing out a game pretty identical to Super Mario Bros. (original) and complaining that it got a bad review score when the original gotta great score 15 years ago, or whenever it was. Fact is a sequel has to do a lot more than its predecessors to get as high a score, especially when it's a few years down the line.

Besides that, 9.6 is a good score, and personally I think they rated stuff like Halo 2 far too high, but it partially reflects the opinion of the reviewer, too. Plus, much as I expect it will be nothing short of phenomenal, mabye there aren't many new maps in the CT MP? I've no idea, theres really no way we can fully judge the review score until we've played it ourselves.

RaisinBran.Ck
03-24-2005, 10:01 AM
I think if Hilary Goldstein or Doug Perry had reviewed it that it would have scored higher, they seemed most excited about it than anyone at IGN or Gamespot combined. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe that was the point, what if they had the guy who was least excited about the game review it, and he STILL gave it an awesome score of 9.6! Maybe they didn't want the SC fanboys that work there to give a biased review and have everyone then saying, "well it's only because you loved the game so much..." I dunno, just a thought! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

SABU1111
03-24-2005, 10:02 AM
9.6 is a great score, especially if IGN are 'PS2 fanboys'

Simply, Splinter Cell 1 was worth 9.6 two and a half years ago, and Chaos Theory is worth 9.6 today.

Chaos4Sure
03-24-2005, 01:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by the_sextein:
I don't really understand how a game that allows you to get a 100% stealth score is considered more action then stealth. As for the story I will have to wait and see. If it is anything like the first 2 then I will like it. If it is more confusing and causes the player to actaully piece the story together then I will like it even more.

As for the rating system I don't think there is anything wrong with giving it a 9.6. The first splintercell was a breakthrough game. Walking through cool looking shadows and sneaking up on people is not fresh or new anymore. The first game was a pioneer and it pushed things alot harder. Sure SCCT is way better but the gaming industry has moved on. They are saying that SCCT is just a revolutionary as going from no splintercell to splintercell 1. That is a good score.
Graphics have gotten better in all games. Having updated graphics won't do anything for it. It has to push graphics beyond anything done before and even though it did it's not that huge of a leap. 96% is a great score are you guys saying you don't believe that a 4% improvement could be made to this game? Just from playing the demo I can tell you that the game is fantastic but I can see room for improvement.

In two years they could release a new splintercell that is 2X better then SCCT and it could easily get an 89%. It's simple you have to compare the game to current graphics, sounds, gameplay, and current games in general. Maybe in 2006 a game will come out that is better then splintercell in every way. Then splintercell four could still be 2X better then splintercell SCCT and still get a lower score. It makes perfect sense. If SCCT got a perfect 10 then what would they give a game that is 2X better then it if they didn't take into consideration where the game industry is as a whole? As for GTA I have to admit that I like splintercell more but It pushed the PS2's technology to the absolute limit. IT is the largest game world ever and you get alot more play time out of it. Also the game appeals to a larger audiance. Overall it is not surprising that it got a better score though a perfect 10 is dumb considering the graphics were not top notch and the same bugs that have been with the series since GTA 3 were still included. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What the hell. Have you seen the San Andreas score. Weve had so many GTA games, each with improvements, but its still the basic gameplay. And chaos theory's graphics are like no other game at present. They have the best graphics on an xbox to date. Everything in SC1 has been changed to make it easier on the player to enjoythe game. Little improvements like.
-Not having to go into your equipment to get out the opticle cable and the lock pick.
-Acquiring health is much better.
-The options to opening a door are numerous.
-The way sam moves is much more realistic and you have much more control. Sam can now stop in the middle of an animation, if you want him to.
-The camera, which was fine in the other games, is now more awesome than ever. The camera repositions itselfs to give you the best veiw of whats happening.
-Not having to hide bodies and NPC's having to actually find the bodies makes it that much more fun to play.
-Ragdoll physics, well, there awesome.
-The closer than ever ,ode is the bomb. I love looking at sam go for his knife.
-Little vibrations here and there, like when you climb ledges make the game more realistic.
-Sam and other objects getting wet and dry.
And other stuff i cant remember. These little stuff are overlooked in all its reveiws, which dissapoints me. And guess wht, remember you can duel weild weopons in halo 2, people made such a big deal about that one thing. Its not the first time its been done.

I know have 100 posts in my new account. YEAH!!!

Shadow_Threat
03-24-2005, 04:35 PM
Okat thats it, a 9.6?! What the hell, the first one got a 9.6, but anyways this isn't how you judge weither to get or not get a game, who acres about what other people say stick to what you have to say, either rent or play a demo of the game, if its really really good or your interested in it and YOU think it looks really good then get it. Don't judge it from other people very one has different points of view, its Your decision. As for IGN there review system sucks and CT deserves better.

EvilSandMonkey
03-24-2005, 05:27 PM
Personally I hate IGN's guts; they are the most biased people to review video games. I mean come on GTA got a freaking 9.9 that piece of cr*p game does NOT deserve to have a 9.9. I bet if splinter cell chaos theory was named Splinter cell: San Andreas it would have a 10/10. I was expecting SC CT to at least have a 9.8 the S.O.B.'s at IGN must be on crack.

FVipe
03-24-2005, 06:12 PM
C'mon, I love Sc and all, but for a game that is not all that revolutionary and that doesn't have "soul", getting more than that would be unreal.

Great score. Perfect.

the_sextein
03-24-2005, 09:58 PM
Dude I already said I like splintercell more so what's the problem? Sure it doesn't surprise me that GTA got a better score. It is on a weaker system and it pushed that system extreamly hard. Look at GTA Vice city on the PC. It is the same game as the PS2 version except it has more control options higher frame rates and better graphics. Guess what? It got a lower score than the PS2 version. The reason why is because even with way better graphics that game is just not pushing the PC to it's limits. It may be the same with the Xbox since the Xbox is more powerfull then a PS2. I honestly don't know but considering all the new options and the amount of games the GTA series can sell it really isn't surprising. Honestly it looks to me like SCCT has brought the graphics up to par with modern day games and it added another multi player compponent. Other than that it really just has minor tweaks hear and their. It's a fantastic game and is everything I wanted from splintercell and I certainly like it more than GTA but I can't say I am surprised about the rating.

Chaos4Sure
03-24-2005, 10:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by the_sextein:
Dude I already said I like splintercell more so what's the problem? Sure it doesn't surprise me that GTA got a better score. It is on a weaker system and it pushed that system extreamly hard. Look at GTA Vice city on the PC. It is the same game as the PS2 version except it has more control options higher frame rates and better graphics. Guess what? It got a lower score than the PS2 version. The reason why is because even with way better graphics that game is just not pushing the PC to it's limits. It may be the same with the Xbox since the Xbox is more powerfull then a PS2. I honestly don't know but considering all the new options and the amount of games the GTA series can sell it really isn't surprising. Honestly it looks to me like SCCT has brought the graphics up to par with modern day games and it added another multi player compponent. Other than that it really just has minor tweaks hear and their. It's a fantastic game and is everything I wanted from splintercell and I certainly like it more than GTA but I can't say I am surprised about the rating. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Chaos Theory is not all about graphics. And, did you say a little tweaks here and there? You disgust me. Why can u not appreciate the hard work and dedication ubi took on making this game in the last two years. This game has improved everything, EVERYTHING that was wrong with the previous two entries. The little thing we had no complaints about like graphics and camera were still rebuilt for the better. Is you cant appreciate the work this people have taken into this game, then maybe you should go somewhere else.

Chaos4Sure
03-24-2005, 10:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FVipe:
C'mon, I love Sc and all, but for a game that is not all that revolutionary and that doesn't have "soul", getting more than that would be unreal.

Great score. Perfect. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, actually it is revolutionary. When we thought Rid**** was the best the xbox cuold do, chaos theory proved us wrong. When we thought coop was playing in the single player maps with a partner, chaos theory proved us wrong. When we thought vedio game characters couldnt get wet or dry, chaos theory proved us wrong. When we thought halo 2 had the best ai in any game, chaos theory proved us wrong. And, the closer than evr mod has never been done anywhere else EVER!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

stealthmaster736
03-24-2005, 10:17 PM
You guy's who say the score is to low need to remember something.Only one guy in the whole entire IGN staff reviewed CT.That's one persons opinion out of millions of other people.So don't let what one person say's get you angry.

the_sextein
03-24-2005, 10:52 PM
If I am not mistaken you wrote a list of things you think reviews commonly overlook and you even described them as "little things that reveiers overlook". I called them minor tweaks same differance. Ragdoll physics are not new and neither is getting wet. Games like Farcry that came out over a year ago have done just about everything technically speaking that SCCT is doing now. The camera and the extra moves and options to open doors are nothing more then minor tweaks. The graphics are not everything but I would say they are the largest improvement to the game so far. Adding co-op is not any more exciting then adding multi player which was done with SCPT. I am not down playing SCCT or UBI. I already stated over and over again that I enjoy it more then GTA and can honestly say it is one of my favorite game series. I am just stating technical facts. If you are so insanly in love with this game that you will not listen to reason then maybe you should be the one to take a break and go somewhere else.

stealthmaster736
03-24-2005, 11:01 PM
...were you talking to me.Because I don't recall making a list.

the_sextein
03-24-2005, 11:09 PM
No, sorry I should have quoted him. I was talking to chaos4sure. He seems to have a problem with my ability to see why GTA got a higher score then SCCT despite the fact that I like Splintercell more then GTA anyway. I don't understand why someone would get upset and tell me I should leave because I see that SCCT while being compleatly surperior to SCPT is still not a revolutionary title in every way shape and form. If I felt that it was god's greatest gift then I know I would be extreamly dissapointed when the game came out.

Chaos4Sure
03-24-2005, 11:17 PM
If I am not mistaken you wrote a list of things you think reviews commonly overlook and you even described them as "little things that reveiers overlook". I called them minor tweaks same differance. Ragdoll physics are not new and neither is getting wet. Games like Farcry that came out over a year ago have done just about everything technically speaking that SCCT is doing now. The camera and the extra moves and options to open doors are nothing more then minor tweaks. The graphics are not everything but I would say they are the largest improvement to the game so far. Adding co-op is not any more exciting then adding multi player which was done with SCPT. I am not down playing SCCT or UBI. I already stated over and over again that I enjoy it more then GTA and can honestly say it is one of my favorite game series. I am just stating technical facts. If you are so insanly in love with this game that you will not listen to reason then maybe you should be the one to take a break and go somewhere else. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am very touchy when it comes to this subject. You keep calling them minor tweaks, that irritates me. Those "minor tweaks" make this game 10 times better than before. Dont tell me im not listening to reason, you have no reason. I get pissed when people cant appreciate and recognize a game that is pushing everything out of the xbox. Far cry is a great game, but chaos theory looks and plays better than far cry.

the_sextein
03-24-2005, 11:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chaos4Sure:
If I am not mistaken you wrote a list of things you think reviews commonly overlook and you even described them as "little things that reveiers overlook". I called them minor tweaks same differance. Ragdoll physics are not new and neither is getting wet. Games like Farcry that came out over a year ago have done just about everything technically speaking that SCCT is doing now. The camera and the extra moves and options to open doors are nothing more then minor tweaks. The graphics are not everything but I would say they are the largest improvement to the game so far. Adding co-op is not any more exciting then adding multi player which was done with SCPT. I am not down playing SCCT or UBI. I already stated over and over again that I enjoy it more then GTA and can honestly say it is one of my favorite game series. I am just stating technical facts. If you are so insanly in love with this game that you will not listen to reason then maybe you should be the one to take a break and go somewhere else. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am very touchy when it comes to this subject. You keep calling them minor tweaks, that irritates me. Those "minor tweaks" make this game 10 times better than before. Dont tell me im not listening to reason, you have no reason. I get pissed when people cant appreciate and recognize a game that is pushing everything out of the xbox. Far cry is a great game, but chaos theory looks and plays better than far cry. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And Farcry came out a year ago. If Chaos theory could not ouperform it then I would be dissapointed. I do appreciate what they have done for SCCT and like I said before it is exactly what I expected and wanted of Splintercell. BUT that aside, adding the features that they have has made the game much better but they ARE small features. Many small things can add up to a big differance. My point was that the things they have added to the game and the improvements done to the series may make the game way better then the original but it is not more revolutionary then the original was. Rating the game equal to the impact that the original game had is saying alot in my opinion. I just feel that the game looks better because it is up to date with current graphics and they added new touches like camera work and some extra options and moves. The only revolutionary thing in my opinion is the co-op which I wouldn't say is a bigger deal then adding multi play. UBI did what it took to make a new game with todays standards and make it have an equal impact to the original when it was released years ago. I am impressed.

After playing HL2, Doom3, Farcry, and even Max Payne 2 I would have to say that high polygon counts mixed with a great physics engine and texture work is common place with todays games. Being able to swim, sneak, and do a hundred moves is not revolutionary anymore. A well paced story with new and exciting game features that have never been done before are harder and harder to come by these days. The gravity gun is a good example of a great concept that actually changes the way we play games. AI is a big deal as well but I can't say I havn't seen AI that matches SCCT. Anyway it is just a differance in opinion and I ment no offense. I believe story and profesional pacing of games with cutting edge AI and compleatly new gameplay styles will make or break games in the future. I remember playing Splintercell for the first time and thinking what a great new style of gameplay it was. Sure Hitman had done stealth action before but nobody ever made a game with the same sytle and gameplay as splintercell. I love what they have done with SCCT but it is still the same gameplay as the original with some improvements added to it. It is not a compleatly new style and if it were then it wouldn't be splintercell anymore. That is why it is so hard to make a sequal with similar gameplay and still get high ratings. That is why I thought a 9.6 was impressive even if other people have rated it higher. I just don't see anything to complain about.

One last thing I would like to add is that Farcry came out at a time when graphics were no where near what is was doing. It pushed graphics alot farther then SCCT. Weather SCCT is even better looking then games that came out before it like HL2, Doom3 and Farcry is debatable. Also they are differant types of games so they are hard to compare. Facry allowed you compleat freedom to do the mission any way you wanted on the island. It allowed you to control boats and jeeps. It allowed you to fly with gliders and swim as well as use stealth and it did it while incorporating cutting edge AI with a great physics engine and a whole slew of weapons. I don't believe I ever saw it getting ratings that were over 9.6 either. I think IGN gave it a 9.3 or something. I think PC gamer gave it a 95%. For an Xbox I must admit that SCCT is impressive but an Xbox is very outdated and is no longer pushing technology in any way. All of it's hardware was left behind 3 years ago and I have no interest in even playing the Xbox version. I have no will to have a debate over it I am just letting you know where I am comming from. Playing Farcry at 1600 res with 4X AA and 16AF looks way better then playing SCCT at 640 res with no AA or AF atleast in my opinion. My buddy has the demo on Xbox and it does look better then any Xbox game I have seen but I am not interested in the Xbox all. I will go over and play co-op with him though. I feel that playing co-op is much more fun with a friend that is in the same room rather then playing with someone you don't know in some other part of the world.

bergeyman
03-24-2005, 11:59 PM
but don't forget, far cry was developed exclusively for pc. chaos theory was developed for pc AND consoles, and whether people like to believe it or not, the fact that an xbox version is being developed does make even the pc version look a little less than it could simply because they don't want to build it from the ground up for all of the consoles. they want an engine that can run safely on xbox and pc. if chaos theory was pc exclusive, i guarantee it would be leaps and bounds above far cry in terms of graphics (okay, maybe im going a bit overboard, but still)...

the_sextein
03-25-2005, 12:12 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bergeyman:
but don't forget, far cry was developed exclusively for pc. chaos theory was developed for pc AND consoles, and whether people like to believe it or not, the fact that an xbox version is being developed does make even the pc version look a little less than it could simply because they don't want to build it from the ground up for all of the consoles. they want an engine that can run safely on xbox and pc. if chaos theory was pc exclusive, i guarantee it would be leaps and bounds above far cry in terms of graphics (okay, maybe im going a bit overboard, but still)... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed but SCCT is what it is. UBI made the decision to base it with console limitations in mind. I think it was a good move because they will make much more money that way. I do believe that SCCT could be way better then it is if they made it for PC only. Just like the PS2 cannot handle the real version of SCCT the Xbox would not be able to handle the real PC version of SCCT. They had to draw the line somewhere. PS2 owners are going to suffer some losses with SCCT but they woudln't dare make the Xbox users suffer the same fate by creating it for PC and then porting it to consoles. A good decision on their part.