PDA

View Full Version : Social Interaction Idea

crash3
06-01-2011, 09:44 AM
i noticed quite a lot of people said there wasnt enough social interaction with the citizens so the game isnt as lively as it could be..i totally agree so i thought up a little way to improve it..

when visiting shops, i think you (ezio/altair) should actually speak with the shopkeeper and he/she should speak back to you

ezio could ask how the shopkeeper is or ask him for a specific item after you select an item

the shopkeeper could reply saying whta he/she thinks about the current situation in the city or he was robbed the other day or could recommend a new weapon hes got in stock or something like that

i think seeming that ezio is rennovating these shops for the citizens so they have jobs/are more liberated, he should at least be able to talk to them and ask how they are, i think its a better alternative to just getting a long list of swords or cloth colours

what does everyone think? also please add your own ideas

ace3001
06-01-2011, 11:13 AM
If such a talking to shop keeper thing is there, I want an option to disable it.

daniel_gervide
06-01-2011, 11:22 AM
crash3 i have to disgree with you.. it would make the gameplay too extense for nothing... maybe when you click on the merchant there should be some chance (5%) of he telling you to do a little mission (side mission) like kill a guard or anything like that but be walking all the way would make shopping time wasting...

kriegerdesgottes
06-01-2011, 11:26 AM
Your idea is ok but I think they should implement something like Red Dead has where whenever you walk by someone you can hit a buttom and he says hi to them or attempts to speak broken spanish if it's a mexican. I hate to use that game over and over as an example but let's face it the game was close to perfect.

Pdavis3
06-01-2011, 11:45 PM
the fundemental idea of more social interaction is good, but i wouldn't want something were u can just say hi to everyone like red dead. I mean ur an assassin, something that is frowned upon in society. We shouldn't just be open to everyone, maybe just have more missions (side [recruits, and random occurances] and main)

SixKeys
06-02-2011, 07:57 AM
I don't want Assassin's Creed to turn into a Japanese RPG where every citizen has random things to say to a stranger. ("I'm hungry. -Uhh...okay?") Talking to a shopkeeper might make sense at least (even though I'd rather skip it as I can't imagine being interested in whatever small talk they have in store), but it wouldn't be in-character for a master assassin trying to blend in to just randomly chit-chat with every passerby.

MCRMJ
06-02-2011, 08:46 AM
The random conversations in AC are fine as they are, people are chatting away on their own, you can blend in a crowd then after a short while they carry on talking about random things.

The only improvements I wouldn't mind seeing is more to do with their actions. You bump into someone in the fields doing work, they just drop their tools and wander off. Same with people with lanterns/brollys/books.

Would be far better if they picked those back up and went on with their business.

DavidPV86
06-02-2011, 09:23 AM
I would like a little improvement on this, also, that your notoriety remains for a while.

crash3
06-02-2011, 12:14 PM
ok well thanks for the mixed response, but how would you improve social interaction?

kriegerdesgottes
06-02-2011, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Pdavis3:
the fundemental idea of more social interaction is good, but i wouldn't want something were u can just say hi to everyone like red dead. I mean ur an assassin, something that is frowned upon in society. We shouldn't just be open to everyone, maybe just have more missions (side [recruits, and random occurances] and main)

wow that is actually a really good point but I guess you could argue that most people don't know who he is anyway ya know. He effects history from behind the scenes and he certainly doesn't try to make it known while walking around that he's an assassin so it wouldn't be a big deal if he walked around saying hi or whatever but you do def make a good point.

crash3
06-03-2011, 04:06 AM
fair enough i agree the assassins are behind the scenes of history and maybe they are frowned upon, but not everyone is gonna know that ezio is an assassin especially as he is in turkey now, not in italy

i still think that ezio should be able to talk to citizens like when he is buying stuff from a shop or if he enters a croud to blend he could join in the current conversation they are having

also with social interaction, there should be more severe consequences forhigh profile actions, say if you started climbing a building in a busy street in a templar occupied area, someone may go and inform the guards something like that

daniel_gervide
06-03-2011, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by crash3:
also with social interaction, there should be more severe consequences forhigh profile actions, say if you started climbing a building in a busy street in a templar occupied area, someone may go and inform the guards something like that

Good idea, and when you mix with a group or you sit down the citzens would get away from you (scared)

crash3
06-03-2011, 12:55 PM
ye thats a good point about the scared bit, especially if ezio/altair is notorious as people would recognise them more due to posters etc

the more notorious you are, the less supportive the citizens should be