PDA

View Full Version : getting promoted

genrich1947
02-06-2008, 10:19 AM
Good Morning. The game is running real nice, and thank you for all your help. I have the 1.4b patch installed and I've have lots of renown. But I can't get myself promoted. All the officers have more rank than I do. after a patrol, there are the usual promotions, decorations and qualifying there, but I can't get one . After all, I am a highly decorated Uboote Commander !

genrich1947
02-06-2008, 10:19 AM
Good Morning. The game is running real nice, and thank you for all your help. I have the 1.4b patch installed and I've have lots of renown. But I can't get myself promoted. All the officers have more rank than I do. after a patrol, there are the usual promotions, decorations and qualifying there, but I can't get one . After all, I am a highly decorated Uboote Commander !

VikingGrandad
02-07-2008, 05:07 PM
Hi genrich. Good to hear the game is running well. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

How much renown have you got now?

tuddley3
02-07-2008, 10:16 PM
Also, since you have got things going now, how many patrols have you completed. You being a new Uboot Kaleun, it might take you a few patrols to get a promotion.

But as the spirit of Ubi, we will do our best to help you along as a fellow Kaleun.

Also, I wanted you to know I am wearing a yellow band on my wrist for all deployed soldiers. For those to make it home, and for those that have not. I vow(as did John Wayne), not to remove it until the last soldier makes it home. I wear it with pride in honor of your son, and about a 1/2 dozen other Ubi members deployed there right now.

genrich1947
02-07-2008, 10:53 PM
Thank you, Your thoughts are greatly appreciated. One of the Casualty Assistance Officers is now there and the other one is near to go. Pray for the Troops. Have you gone to the web site for Mikey ?
I've been on 13 patrols. Since the downloading of the 1.4b patch, this game is cool ! My older son has been here with us for awhile and he's playing the game as well. So I bought him one, because he's moving into a new home soon.
Take care. If you want, send your email address and I'll send the web site. Like I said early on, I do not want SH3 web site to become a political thing. Mikey is an American Hero. He made the ultimate sacrifice for freedom and democracy. Jim

genrich1947
02-07-2008, 11:07 PM
Hello VikingGrandad. I've been on 13 Patrols and have about 400,000 renown. Yeah, I've been playing around inside the config. But, I'll tell you what, I got me one fine crew aboard. This game is cool. How is SH4, by the way ? Looks nice. I think that I'll stay with SH3 though. It's kind of special. This whole thing started with me and Mikey playing Aces Of the Deep. And it's kind of snowballed from there. I started reading everything I could about U-Boats and began some tactics discribed in the books. Take care, my friend.

VikingGrandad
02-09-2008, 03:19 AM
Hi Genrich

Good to hear your older son is enjoying the game too. You say he's also a member of the forum? What's his screen name?

You have 400,000 renown!!?? You should be an admiral by now! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Seriously though, I'm not sure why you're not getting promoted. Maybe it's to do with the changes you've made to the config file. Hopefully, someone who else who is an expert on such things can give you an answer on that.

I never played 'Aces of the Deep', but I know a lot of guys here did. SH3 was my second ever submarine sim (my first was a game called 'Silent Service', way back in the 1980s!). SH4 is a good game too. I prefer SH3, because I'm more interested in the Battle of the Atlantic, but SH4 has better graphics than SH3 and is a very enjoyable game.

genrich1947
02-13-2008, 08:19 PM
Hi VikingGrandad. As far as I know, my son does not have a screen name. He moved a couple of days ago and I'm sure that he's still unpacking. I may have figured out why I can't get promoted. I have found that if you want a new Boat, there is a level that you have to go beyond in renown as you're coming off a Patrol, So I would imagine it's the same for a promtion ?

VikingGrandad
02-16-2008, 12:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by genrich1947:
As far as I know, my son does not have a screen name. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not to worry, but tell him we'd welcome him aboard if he decides to join the forum http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I'm puzzled about why you're not getting promoted, when you're gaining plenty of renown. Certainly you need quite a lot of renown to upgrade your boat (around 1500 - 5000 points, from memory - depending on which type of U-boat it is). If you have upgraded a few times, then that would use up a lot of your renown.

I wonder if it's something to do with the difficulty levels you're using. What is the current overall percentage difficulty setting you're using?

genrich1947
02-16-2008, 03:39 PM
Hello Viking, right now I'm running 19%. I think that I told you, I'm not sure, that I fooled around in the cong. and gave myself some renown. I also found that if I transfered to another Flotilla, I can get another U-Boote with renown. This is bad, I mean all my Officers are higher in rank than me.

VikingGrandad
02-17-2008, 07:46 AM
I think maybe the changes you made to the .cfg file have somehow caused the problem.

Can you open up the file you edited, copy the text and paste it here? If I compare all the settings in yours to those in my .cfg file, I just might be able to help you fix the promotion problem.