PDA

View Full Version : the TEMPLAR hunters guild...

reaktor
12-08-2007, 05:24 AM
*ALWAYS HAVE THE GPS OFF*

this is a cool thing you can do between missions... basically you start of in musayef and youv been given a mission to go out and destroy any foreign invaders you come across in the kingdom only, avoid the cities.

Its a nice mission-breaker doing this and its a good way of properly exploring the kingdom cos your actually looking for templars.. behind houses, in ruins, at small outposts etc.. its old school splinter cell style stealth coming back cos of sneaking up behind them.. also seeing as almost none of the main targets can be taken out silently..

Its a different kind of style playing in the kingdom, more guards (groups of 10) theyre more alert, its generally more alert out there, but its really cool hunting templars anyway http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif remember, IGNORE the cities, only go there when your ready to do an assasination (or return to musayef to report your killings to the boss)

Im saying this cos theres lots of people who skip the kingdom all together and just go from assasination to assasination without taking the time to explore and get all they can from the game.

This is a great game if your in the right mind to play it.. DONT rush it!!! i was walking everywhere in the kingdom and only occasioanlly jogged and managed to take out 4 templars as i made my way from musayef to damascus.. the mentality of an assassin is slow paced, patient and observant- this is the zen of AC.

oh btw,

*ALWAYS HAVE THE GPS OFF*

avsrule247
12-08-2007, 05:34 AM
Actually, most of us just want to get through the amazing story, that is why we skip the kingdom. And after the story, we explore.

GuStick93
12-08-2007, 06:15 AM
Well thats what i started to do,after finishing the game,i started exploring the kingdom and i gotta say its really really fun,big groups of guards and a LOT of templars,hell one 1 run from masayaf to jerusalem i had killed 3 templars

kew414
12-08-2007, 06:19 AM
Yeah the Kingdom is huuuge and has heaps of interesting and fun areas and things all around it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
I can't believe I didn't even think about exploring it until I finished http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

FatRascal
12-08-2007, 08:40 AM
Heh, I've just started doing this after completing the game too.

You're right about the game being more rewarding to a player willing to give it time and really get immersed in the experience.

I think that's why a lot of the early criticism was a bit unfair - "oh it's too short, it's repetitive, the combat's too easy."

I think it just requires a different (I hesitate to say "more mature") approach to gaming to really get the best from it.

Oh...and you're right about stealth killing Templars in the Kingdom too - lots of them seem to be idly staring out at valleys, or lakes or rivers and not noticing as you sneak round their tent and knife them in the back of the neck! :-)

Sep.

T_Spoon_UK
12-08-2007, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by reaktor:

Im saying this cos theres lots of people who skip the kingdom all together and just go from assasination to assasination without taking the time to explore and get all they can from the game.

Going through the Kingdom time and time again gets quite tedious and boring after a while.

Besides... i killed 'em all. ^_^