PDA

View Full Version : CT for PSP?

cooldude6681
03-15-2005, 11:37 AM
Sorry to make a new thread for this (yes, I already did a quick search for PSP, and found nothing), but does anyone know if Chaos Theory is coming out for the PSP? Maybe not when the other versions come out, but like, in a few months...years?

cooldude6681
03-15-2005, 11:37 AM
Sorry to make a new thread for this (yes, I already did a quick search for PSP, and found nothing), but does anyone know if Chaos Theory is coming out for the PSP? Maybe not when the other versions come out, but like, in a few months...years?

Dangerous_388
03-15-2005, 11:39 AM
NO

Omega_224
03-15-2005, 11:42 AM
No offence to anyone, but....who cares? I mean, when you can get it on the consoles or on PC, why would you WANT it on PSP, DS, NGage, etc.? The graphics are going to be dumbed down tremendously, and the game will most likely be completely different.

And if you want it for a hand-held just so you can play even when you're not in your house, you need to get out more. Yes, it's extremely coo, and fun, and awesome, but getting it for a hand-held? SCCT should only be on a hand-held if you can't afford a PC or console. Hand-held CT would be a disgrace.

cooldude6681
03-15-2005, 11:45 AM
Yeah, I know it's going to suck for handhelds, I was just asking for a friend who's getting a PSP. I myself will be getting it for PC, don't you worry. Thanks Dangerous for that prompt responsehttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Jackal56o
03-15-2005, 05:27 PM
some people, like me, don't have online for their consoles, and may want to play online. The PSP and DS have wireless online and LAN, so this would allow people like me to play online and join the ONLINE EXPERIANCE! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Chaos_Recon
03-15-2005, 05:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jackal56o:
some people, like me, don't have online for their consoles, and may want to play online. The PSP and DS have wireless online and LAN, so this would allow people like me to play online and join the ONLINE EXPERIANCE! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

......it's a shame that the "online experience" will be completely different from the real online experience [consoles].

Retard-Redneck
03-15-2005, 05:37 PM
ooo burned chaos nice one

and its true the real competition will be on xbox/pc http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif

XyZspineZyX
03-15-2005, 06:06 PM
oh, grow up all of you.
There will be a Splinter Cell game for PSP. We just don't know what version it will be based on.

ChaosTheory13
03-15-2005, 06:43 PM
the psp has graphics thats close to xbox...so what are you talking about dumbed down...have you seen Gran Turismo 4 for the psp...it looks very close to the console version and the console version has graphics better than any xbox game out there...i do care because i would love to play scct on-the-go.

if you look on ubi.com they have a psp button for scct.

cooldude6681
03-16-2005, 10:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ChaosTheory13:
the psp has graphics thats close to xbox...so what are you talking about dumbed down...have you seen Gran Turismo 4 for the psp...it looks very close to the console version and the console version has graphics better than any xbox game out there...i do care because i would love to play scct on-the-go.

if you look on ubi.com they have a psp button for scct. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>where? it's not at the screensaver section, not at the pre-order section, it's not at the bottom of the page where they list all the sponsors & consoles it's supported on.

The only problem I can think of for playing an SC game on a handheld is...how do you pan the camera? I know on the PSP there is a D-pad and a thumbstick, but they're both for the same thumb and it would be very awkward trying to strafe and shoot while still keeping the reticle on the baddie. I imagine for the DS you could use the touchscreen to pan the camera, but again, it would be hard to keep the reticle aimed (what are you supposed to do, put the pen-thingy [stylus, I think it's called?] in your mouth and use it as a third hand?).

And please don't turn this into another console war thread. There are several other threads that you can use to say "O the PS2 ROXORZ!!!!ONE!!!! XBOX SUKZZZZZZZZZ!!eleven!!!!!!!!one!!!!" "U R BTH WRNG! TEH GC WILL PWN THE UNIVERSE!!!!eleventy-one!!!!"