PDA

View Full Version : Petition - Option to un-equip armor and weapons in AC:R

zitl
06-09-2011, 02:31 AM
The title says it all. This is something a lot of people have been asking for since the first game came out.
Just as we can choose the color of clothing, quick buttons for weapons, etc. -It would really mean a lot to be able to choose what weapons to carry with you. Really feeling like your assassin was tailor made to suit your play style.

Please Ubisoft. This small detail would mean a lot.

PhiIs1618033
06-09-2011, 05:42 AM
Yes, please.

Grandmaster_Z
06-09-2011, 07:54 AM
been asking this since AC2!!!

Flood_101
06-09-2011, 09:09 AM
Yes yes yes!

Turkiye96
06-09-2011, 09:26 AM
well sure it would be good but Ezio's clothes dont look that good without armour unless if you can dye it. but thats just my opinion

SwimmableSleet7
06-09-2011, 09:29 AM
Why not, it's probably not hard to implement but it would make a lot of people happy.

Inorganic9_2
06-09-2011, 09:40 AM
Yes.

swiftkinfe
06-09-2011, 11:15 AM
YES YES YES!!!
Add a poll if you can.

Been asking for this since AC2 thiss NEEDS to happen.

tyrce111
06-09-2011, 11:21 AM
Re post this with a poll please, I would like the option to simply un equip armour and weapons...
Do you think you could squeeze in a mention about his cape being 'THERE' for a start and un-equiping that as well! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

DeafAtheist
06-09-2011, 02:58 PM
I personally think the system is fine the way it is. The only problem I had with weapons is in ACB if I was fighting guards and I threw my heavy sword at a guard then went back to pick it back up often instead of MY sword I'd pick up the guard's crappy little sword instead and that became my new sword and you couldn't drop it in order to pick your own sword back up and since you can't throw small swords you were stuck with it until you went to a blacksmith shop or the Assassin hideout to replace it. That was my biggest weapon peeve with ACB. There needs to be an option to drop a sword if you pick up the wrong one so you can get your own sword back after throwing it at a guard.

CRUDFACE
06-09-2011, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by DeafAtheist:
I personally think the system is fine the way it is. The only problem I had with weapons is in ACB if I was fighting guards and I threw my heavy sword at a guard then went back to pick it back up often instead of MY sword I'd pick up the guard's crappy little sword instead and that became my new sword and you couldn't drop it in order to pick your own sword back up and since you can't throw small swords you were stuck with it until you went to a blacksmith shop or the Assassin hideout to replace it. That was my biggest weapon peeve with ACB. There needs to be an option to drop a sword if you pick up the wrong one so you can get your own sword back after throwing it at a guard.

*High Five* I hated that SO freaking much, but think about the armor thing as a bigger choice. More choice equalls more freedom.

I want to be able to unequip that to, but don't they know about this already? This is like the fourth topic on this.

If they don't put this on ACR, they just haven't been getting the message.

DarthEzio55
06-09-2011, 08:31 PM
YES!!! always wanted to take off Ezio's armor in Ac2 and ac brotherhood

X10J
06-09-2011, 08:43 PM
Yes, LET ME DISROBE!! (That came out akwardly)

kriegerdesgottes
06-09-2011, 08:50 PM
Yeah I really hope they implement it this time but we complained about it after ACII and it still wasn't put into Brotherhood.

DualFace
06-10-2011, 01:10 AM
I am totally confused.

I changed/unequipped armor all the frikkin time in both ACII, and Brotherhood. Why on Earth would it
disappear for future games?

What is wrong with you people!?

PhiIs1618033
06-10-2011, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by DualFace:
I am totally confused.

I changed/unequipped armor all the frikkin time in both ACII, and Brotherhood. Why on Earth would it
disappear for future games?

What is wrong with you people!?
You couldn't walk around without armour (but still have your clothes on), you oon. :P

SixKeys
06-10-2011, 05:30 AM
Yes, please.

NewBlade200
06-10-2011, 07:04 AM
Me wants it!
Real men like Ezio shouldn't need to wear protection!
This should be replaced by a poll so Ubi can count it.

timpbader
06-10-2011, 07:31 AM
DITTO-Did I say DITTO loud enough.

k20ml
06-10-2011, 07:47 AM
YES YES YES!! and please also include the nobility robes and the master assassin robes as well WITHOUT ARMOR AND EXACTLY THE COVER IMAGE as skins or outfits. THANK YOU!

DualFace
06-11-2011, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by PhiIs1618033...:
You couldn't walk around without armour (but still have your clothes on), you oon. :P

OP needs to be a little more specific then. Because yeah, you can walk around without armor on.
Ezio's base outfit/costume is 'no armor'.

Now I'm seeing that everyone just wants to be able to walk around not being dressed as an
Assassin.

Gasketfuse
06-11-2011, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by DualFace:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PhiIs1618033...:

OP needs to be a little more specific then. Because yeah, you can walk around without armor on.
Ezio's base outfit/costume is 'no armor'.

Now I'm seeing that everyone just wants to be able to walk around not being dressed as an
Assassin. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>The title of this thread says "un-equip armor and weapons." Meaning to un-equip those things so Ezio looks less like a walking tank and more like an assassin. We can't die, as it is, anyways.
Edit: Also, I support this topic.

BSAA_Redfield
06-11-2011, 03:36 PM
in the words of that annoying guy from storage wars.....YEEEEEPPPPP!!!!!!!!!

GeneralTrumbo
06-12-2011, 10:04 PM
That would be nice.

sanad2011
08-05-2011, 05:16 PM
Of Course YES
Who would say no? NO ONE

StarScream391
08-05-2011, 05:34 PM
No.

notafanboy
08-05-2011, 05:35 PM
yes please !!!!!!!!!!!!!

StarScream391
08-05-2011, 05:38 PM
Its fine the way it is http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

Jexx21
08-05-2011, 05:50 PM
Nope. It's fine the way it is.

Saracenar
08-05-2011, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by DeafAtheist:

But you can drop weapons you've picked up from guards. I did it all the time. If you've picked up a weapon from a guard, just quick select Unarmed Weapon status again and he'll drop it right then and there.

medcsu11
08-05-2011, 07:52 PM
Seems like a lot of people want this. While I can care less either way, I will certainly be on board for these people since it probably wouldnt be too difficult to implement.

nickfern19
08-05-2011, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Saracenar:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeafAtheist:

But you can drop weapons you've picked up from guards. I did it all the time. If you've picked up a weapon from a guard, just quick select Unarmed Weapon status again and he'll drop it right then and there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you didn't have a weapon equipped in that slot, since he threw the sword and picked up a new one, it counts that as the new weapon. When you pick it up it says "Weapon changed"

Brandonmac10
08-05-2011, 08:49 PM
YES, I definitely want this. I play the game without buying armor and I get rid of my medium/heavy weapons. I have to buy the heavy and then throw it, and I will still have my small weapon.

I always wanted to unequip the crossbow. I don't like how it looks. I never used it since I don't like stealth. The only weapon I like to use are the hidden blades.

Marios725
08-05-2011, 10:08 PM
Fu***** YES !!!!!! add the damn option to un-equip armor and weapons !!!! i wanted that since AC2 !!!! and in ACB those roman spaulders totally ruined the game for me...i am a customization freak!!!! the more options the more i like a game...plus we are supposed to be a damn assassin !!!! what the hell we need the armor for ? Ezio Looks like a hooded knight...i've said that again on the forums...also adding a Uplay skin for Ezio that makes him look like the ACB original outfit would be awesome!!! and the AC2 outfit as well...again the more the options the better !!!!

blazefp
08-06-2011, 03:09 AM
I think the answer is unanimous here. Yes, of course

eagleforlife1
08-06-2011, 04:29 AM
Yes.

Doctorees
08-06-2011, 05:13 AM
you should be able to walk around looking like a normal citizen so you can blend in better while still having the option to equip a couple of essential weapons to take down a target or listen into a conservation.
u wouldnt be completly unprotected either because your assassin recruits could watch over you and you can disarm gaurds and use there weapon to defend yourself simples!

Serrachio
08-06-2011, 09:01 AM
Though I doubt they'll include it in ACR, I would like it if the future ancestor that Desmond would end up as in the Animus would not wear the Assassin robes until they went to kill their target.

It would allow them to go around as a normal civilian in the day and then once they have all their information, they could wear the robes and set off for their target.

notafanboy
08-06-2011, 09:17 AM
for god sake !, we dont want to un-equip the assassin robes,just the armor. jeez some people are slow

Dralight
08-06-2011, 09:29 AM
Yes please!

Serrachio
08-06-2011, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by notafanboy:
for god sake !, we dont want to un-equip the assassin robes,just the armor. jeez some people are slow

Trust me, I'm not 'slow', I knew perfectly well what you meant.

I don't mind whether or not people can un-equip their armour or not, I just thought it would be a cool concept if the player didn't go around for the whole game in just the Assassin Robes.

I figured that as time goes by and the game gets closer to the modern age, the Templars would be able to take out the Assassin if he paraded around in his robes all day and night.

LukewarmPoptart
08-06-2011, 09:43 AM
why not include something so simple that the fans want?

Brandonmac10
08-06-2011, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by notafanboy:
Agreed

*High-five*

The robes are awesome, but I do want another Desmond skin. I wanted to be able to use a Desmond skin in both ACII and AC:B. When I saw it in AC:B I got so excited!

LukewarmPoptart
08-06-2011, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Serrachio:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by notafanboy:

Trust me, I'm not 'slow', I knew perfectly well what you meant.

I don't mind whether or not people can un-equip their armour or not, I just thought it would be a cool concept if the player didn't go around for the whole game in just the Assassin Robes.

I figured that as time goes by and the game gets closer to the modern age, the Templars would be able to take out the Assassin if he paraded around in his robes all day and night. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> My only problem is the that the robes (mostly the ACB ones) don't look anything like what the citizens of Rome wear

Calvarok
08-06-2011, 11:43 PM
yes

Mouse03
08-07-2011, 02:38 AM
I honestly don't see the point of being able to do it.

If in the game you actually got noticed waking around carrying a ton of swords and knives, then yes, you'd need to get rid of them around guards, or buy a robe or something to put over it all.

But you don't. Nobody cares if you walk around looking like a one-man-army.

And to unequip stuff, just go 'home' and take the stuff off. You can change your weapons around at any blacksmith. Don't see the big deal.

But this is where again, i believe AC has gone off in a totally different direction than it first started off. because Altair didn't look like a walking blacksmith shop. He was discreet. Now we simply have too much.

LightRey
08-07-2011, 04:37 AM
You'd be surprised just how easily the craziest things can go unnoticed by a crowd.

swiftkinfe
08-07-2011, 03:29 PM
Yeah there are a few things that go unnoticed. But the Assassins in Rome looked nothing like the populace (at least Ac2 was a noble).Constantinople assassins seem way better at the whole blending thing. Removing armor just really comes down to choice in what the player wants. I just don't want to spend my whole save file avoiding armor again.

LightRey
08-07-2011, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by V-rex1986:
Yeah there are a few things that go unnoticed. But the Assassins in Rome looked nothing like the populace (at least Ac2 was a noble).Constantinople assassins seem way better at the whole blending thing. Removing armor just really comes down to choice in what the player wants. I just don't want to spend my whole save file avoiding armor again.
That's true I suppose. Though really this should only be a minor annoyance. It's not like it breaks your game or anything.

NewBlade200
08-07-2011, 04:59 PM
Didn't someone at Ubi say they wanted to give the players choice? This particular choice has been one we have been asking for since AC2. Out of all the changes that have happened after AC2 (many we have not asked for, unlike this small favor) this is the only one that could make the game harder, as you could remove armor to increase the chance of dieing.
Bigger things have been done in patches.

None at Ubi seems to really care about what we post anymore. We're just throwing messages in bottles into a giant volcano.

LightRey
08-07-2011, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by NewBlade200:
Didn't someone at Ubi say they wanted to give the players choice? This particular choice has been one we have been asking for since AC2. Out of all the changes that have happened after AC2 (many we have not asked for, unlike this small favor) this is the only one that could make the game harder, as you could remove armor to increase the chance of dieing.

None at Ubi seems to really care about what we post anymore. We're just throwing messages in bottles into a giant volcano.
Maybe, but I'm pretty sure only a small part of the AC fanbase are really interested in this. If Ubi'd answer every prayer of anyone in the fanbase the games would never get done.

donngold
08-14-2011, 05:57 PM
This thread is important!!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
Our petition must be maintained!

Hayabusa Sushi
08-15-2011, 02:02 AM
I agree. I've wanted this since AC2, and was quite disappointed when it wasn't in Brotherhood.

As others have said, we should also get Ezio's AC2 and Brotherhood robes as cosmetic outfits.

Grandmaster_Z
08-15-2011, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NewBlade200:

Maybe, but I'm pretty sure only a small part of the AC fanbase are really interested in this. If Ubi'd answer every prayer of anyone in the fanbase the games would never get done. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats funny. this topic has been created more than any other thread. and each time it has been brought up, its got a lot of responses. The "small" part of the ac fanbase are the ones that post on these forums.

LightRey
08-15-2011, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Grandmaster_Z:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NewBlade200:

Maybe, but I'm pretty sure only a small part of the AC fanbase are really interested in this. If Ubi'd answer every prayer of anyone in the fanbase the games would never get done. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats funny. this topic has been created more than any other thread. and each time it has been brought up, its got a lot of responses. The "small" part of the ac fanbase are the ones that post on these forums. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The entire forum is the part of a specific part of the AC fanbase (the part that would actually take the time to post about it on a forum). Not exactly an unbiased sample. Besides, outside this forum, I've never heard anyone care about it.

NewBlade200
08-15-2011, 06:23 PM
They don't listen to us because we are just a seemingly small, whiny and loud statistics. It may be against the rules, but what if we raised our statistical value? I'm sure you could all think of some way.
Dun dun daaan! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif

LightRey
08-15-2011, 06:26 PM
They don't listen to us because we are just a seemingly small, whiny and loud statistics. It may be against the rules, but what if we raised our statistical value? I'm sure you could all think of some way.
Dun dun daaan! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif
Well, even if you would, wouldn't they still be able to see that? xD

HIBEE12
08-15-2011, 06:27 PM
it'd be best to make a poll on this, if it gets alot of answers i sure ubisoft will have a think

Jexx21
08-15-2011, 07:10 PM
I frankly don't really care about this. I would rather that they just add different difficulties. I want the guards to be harder.

NewBlade200
08-15-2011, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by HIBEE12:
it'd be best to make a poll on this, if it gets alot of answers i sure ubisoft will have a think Wasn't there a poll for ACB as well? Didn't they also neglect that plea too? If my incredibly optimistic opinion (shut up, it is) is true than no one listens to us and we're just howling at the moon. I trust my opinion (you should too, I have good opinions as always), so the only reason they would add this is if Ubi expected to extract more money from the unguided aimless masses for doing so. No one won't buy the game just because someone decided to not add a small feature some people have been asking for. You would need a substantial amount of people asking for it in places other than this place ie: Twitter, Facebook and YouTube. Even then they would only consider it a minor thing that probably won't change sales much.

@LightRey: Curses, you're right. But still, I must leave the message for other evil, malicious and utterly cunning villains (much like myself) to find it and orchestrate such a vicious plan of their own.

Calvarok
08-15-2011, 10:03 PM
You'd be surprised at how difficult it is to find a person who's in a large group of people, no matter how radically different they look. And in Revelations, Ezio has a muted color to his robes, and looks like he could be a hunter coming back from the woods, with his fur pauldrons and crossbow. He looks very discreet. And he could easily blend in with the peoples of Constantinople. Just look at the scene where he's walking with Yusuf. Both of them look like they totally belong in the environment. Of course, the guards will grow used to his outfit eventually, but it is incredibly easy to use crowds to draw attention away from yourself, even in real life. Obviously it works a lot better with more than 5 people to blend with, but they've increased the size of blend groups every game, and I hope they do it again, so it seems more realistic. From the footage we've seen, the crow has much more believable reactions to you, along with a dodge animation if you run at them.

Jexx21
08-15-2011, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Calvarok:
You'd be surprised at how difficult it is to find a person who's in a large group of people, no matter how radically different they look. And in Revelations, Ezio has a muted color to his robes, and looks like he could be a hunter coming back from the woods, with his fur pauldrons and crossbow. He looks very discreet. And he could easily blend in with the peoples of Constantinople. Just look at the scene where he's walking with Yusuf. Both of them look like they totally belong in the environment. Of course, the guards will grow used to his outfit eventually, but it is incredibly easy to use crowds to draw attention away from yourself, even in real life. Obviously it works a lot better with more than 5 people to blend with, but they've increased the size of blend groups every game, and I hope they do it again, so it seems more realistic. From the footage we've seen, the crow has much more believable reactions to you, along with a dodge animation if you run at them.

Was this all in the E3 demo footage? God I gotta watch that again.

NewBlade200
08-16-2011, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Calvarok:
Of course, the guards will grow used to his outfit eventually, Its better for them to be used to you. They'll pay attention if they aren't used to you.

LightRey
08-16-2011, 07:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:
Of course, the guards will grow used to his outfit eventually, Its better for them to be used to you. They'll pay attention if they aren't used to you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I think he meant "used to" as in they would know what to look for.

NewBlade200
08-16-2011, 10:10 PM
Well its not like it would matter much. It looks like it will be even easier than before.

Now Ubi, do you know what would possibly make the game just a little bit harder? Removable armor.

LightRey
08-16-2011, 10:19 PM
Well its not like it would matter much. It looks like it will be even easier than before.

Now Ubi, do you know what would possibly make the game just a little bit harder? Removable armor.
I just think they should let Ezio fight more enemies at a time.

Grandmaster_Z
09-13-2011, 01:54 PM
bump

Black_Widow9
09-13-2011, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Grandmaster_Z:
bump
Please do not bump Topics as it is against the Forum Rules.
Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Voltige2011
09-13-2011, 04:02 PM
Seems like something to looks forward to, now I can finally run through the streets killing swarm after swarm of guards with a challenge. Personally though it doesn't make a difference how much hp I have, I use either bare-hands or hidden blades. Either way they counter anything, leaving very little time to even care about hp. One of my main hopes for this is that some guards don't let up when I'm weak, I show visible signs of damage, and I don't HAVE to avoid counters to be hit.

Saqaliba
09-14-2011, 01:37 AM
I use the 'Young Ezio' skin for aesthetic value to make him blend into the crowds. This can be alot of fun if you just go about pretending to be a civilian.

I have a few good ideas for the 'costume/armor/weapons' issue people are pleading for. I was playing Metal Gear Solid 4 last night and I think something similar to Old Snake's camouflage system can be easily implemented into Assassin's Creed.

Now we know that if we want we can go to the Assassin's quaters (Ezio's Castello/Tiber Island) and down grade the costumes to the basic leather or upgrade to the most toughest steel... likewise we can exchange weapons, but we want to be able to disengage armor and remove weapons specifically for the sake of having an Assassin's cosmetics seem like that of an Assassin: Stealthy! i.e not standing out by being armed to the teeth amidst a bunch of plebs.

My solution is thus: in the inventory menu there is actually a screen that shows what weaponry and armor Ezio is carrying... all that be needed is simply have an on/off function next to each item either in the inventory or in the hide-out when viewing each particular item, (just like when you turn on/off functions on the map to hide certain 'legends'). In fact having this effect the health synch-bar would be a great way of making the game have more personality and customize difficulty leveling for those who do or not like a challenge.

That goes for the weaponry and the armor. The first could be done through the Weapon Inventory:

http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/5428/weaponinventory.jpg

Essentially the only certain weapons give away Ezio's external appearance as an Assassin:

WEAPONS:
*Crossbow (ON/OFF)
*Gloves (ON/OFF)
*Metal Celstus (ON/OFF)
*Sword (ON/OFF)
*Dagger (ON/OFF)

We know that the sword can already be discarded if you simply supply a Heavy Weapon and discard it, but I think that any weapon can be discarded in similar manner. I don't think the only weapon that should be compulsory should be the hidden blade/poison/gun and satchel weapons (eg. smoke bombs and maybe throwing knives)

An easy function with a cosmetic response.

I think they could make the armor inventory with the same options but extend it by turning it into a wardrobe function that extends to costumes - like in MGS4. Where you can zoom in on facial details and clothing parts to customize eg:

HEAD:
*Facial (BEARD/CLEAN)
*Hood (ON/OFF)

ARMOR:
*_________Greaves (ON/OFF
*_________Vambraces (ON/OFF)
*_________Chest Guard (ON/OFF)
*_________Spaulders (ON/OFF)

COSTUME/SKIN:

*Young Ezio
*Middle Ezio
*Old Ezio
*Altair
*Armor of Brutus
*Armor of Altair

The skins would be just that, over-riding the Armor function but keeping the cosmetic without armor... and to add an even more interesting function, I think they should implement a stealth skins setting... for example the way John Marston can infiltrate certain gangs by having their costumes. We have already seen how this has been used for individual missions in both II & Brotherhood (eg. Roman Legionary Armor & French Legionary Armor) I say make a ****load of down-loadable skins as DLC for each faction of a region. Or event hide them in the game or hand them out in a reward scheme for syncs. I'd certainly buy them and Ubisoft would be making more $$$ for our love. For example:

*Civilian (Galata)
*Civilian (Beyazit)
*Civilian (Constantin)
*Civilian (Masyaf)
*Ottoman Guard (Imperial)
*Templar Guard (Cappadocia)
etc.

Each having a function in their relavant areas... like stealth/no notoriety for starters and then stuff like getting discounts at shops in those areas maybe - especially if ther re-implement the rich, middle,poor system... whatever with the added bonus of having an aesthetic vibe we so love about the cinematic masterpiece that is Assassin's Creed.

NewtypeSC
09-14-2011, 12:43 PM
Yes, please give the option to remove armor. Or at least do not have a quest requiring to put a piece on.

I was even a little misled back before Brotherhood was released. There were pictures of Ezio without armor and having two matching gauntlets on his arms with dual hidden blades. Also in the game you might notice, when you start a mission and it displays the objective window to the side. You can see most of the pictures show Ezio without any armor on. That was the look I was always going for. Loved the "feather-like" design of the upper sleeves, and the shoulder pads just ended up covering that up.

donngold
09-14-2011, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Saqaliba:
I use the 'Young Ezio' skin for aesthetic value to make him blend into the crowds. This can be alot of fun if you just go about pretending to be a civilian.

I have a few good ideas for the 'costume/armor/weapons' issue people are pleading for. I was playing Metal Gear Solid 4 last night and I think something similar to Old Snake's camouflage system can be easily implemented into Assassin's Creed.

Now we know that if we want we can go to the Assassin's quaters (Ezio's Castello/Tiber Island) and down grade the costumes to the basic leather or upgrade to the most toughest steel... likewise we can exchange weapons, but we want to be able to disengage armor and remove weapons specifically for the sake of having an Assassin's cosmetics seem like that of an Assassin: Stealthy! i.e not standing out by being armed to the teeth amidst a bunch of plebs.

My solution is thus: in the inventory menu there is actually a screen that shows what weaponry and armor Ezio is carrying... all that be needed is simply have an on/off function next to each item either in the inventory or in the hide-out when viewing each particular item, (just like when you turn on/off functions on the map to hide certain 'legends'). In fact having this effect the health synch-bar would be a great way of making the game have more personality and customize difficulty leveling for those who do or not like a challenge.

That goes for the weaponry and the armor. The first could be done through the Weapon Inventory:

Essentially the only certain weapons give away Ezio's external appearance as an Assassin:

WEAPONS:
*Crossbow (ON/OFF)
*Gloves (ON/OFF)
*Metal Celstus (ON/OFF)
*Sword (ON/OFF)
*Dagger (ON/OFF)

We know that the sword can already be discarded if you simply supply a Heavy Weapon and discard it, but I think that any weapon can be discarded in similar manner. I don't think the only weapon that should be compulsory should be the hidden blade/poison/gun and satchel weapons (eg. smoke bombs and maybe throwing knives)

I think they could make the armor inventory with the same options but extend it by turning it into a wardrobe function that extends to costumes - like in MGS4. Where you can zoom in on facial details and clothing parts to customize eg:

HEAD:
*Facial (BEARD/CLEAN)
*Hood (ON/OFF)

ARMOR:

COSTUME/SKIN:

*Young Ezio
*Middle Ezio
*Old Ezio
*Altair
*Armor of Brutus
*Armor of Altair

The skins would be just that, over-riding the Armor function but keeping the cosmetic without armor... and to add an even more interesting function, I think they should implement a stealth skins setting... for example the way John Marston can infiltrate certain gangs by having their costumes. We have already seen how this has been used for individual missions in both II & Brotherhood (eg. Roman Legionary Armor & French Legionary Armor) I say make a ****load of down-loadable skins as DLC for each faction of a region. Or event hide them in the game or hand them out in a reward scheme for syncs. I'd certainly buy them and Ubisoft would be making more $$$ for our love. For example:

*Civilian (Galata)
*Civilian (Beyazit)
*Civilian (Constantin)
*Civilian (Masyaf)
etc.

Each having a function in their relavant areas... like stealth/no notoriety for starters and then stuff like getting discounts at shops in those areas maybe - especially if ther re-implement the rich, middle,poor system... whatever with the added bonus of having an aesthetic vibe we so love about the cinematic masterpiece that is Assassin's Creed.

agreed

Jexx21
09-14-2011, 03:35 PM
I LOVE Saqaliba's idea. But I also don't mind the idea of being limited to a certain amount of weapons also, so that I have to pick what to bring.

Ah, that brings me back to my idea of creating your own Assassin in a game, like an RPG. That would be awesome..

CRUDFACE
09-15-2011, 06:38 AM
So they're willing to go through all this stuff to give us skins and they just won't let us take off the armor? Man, what a rip, and Gabe's excuses are well...never really thought out. Oh well, here's me hoping for the best.

Jack-DA
11-17-2011, 03:09 AM
I remember my first reaction to this started in AC2 when they force you to buy some armor. So I go ahead and buy it and I was like damn that just looks ugly compared too what he was originally wearing, its okay, I'll just take it off. But nopeee, I find the armory wear you can equip DIFFERENT armor but you can't wear the DEFAULT one, what? Ok? Why design it then?
So I was hoping they fix that in Brotherhood, but nope that infamous mission that forces you to buy amour comes back and I'm just like damn man this roman spaulder is ugly and does not look like it belongs at all. So the whole time I'm playing I'm having fun but I keep thinking, damn this dark leather armor I"m stuck with until I get the best amour just looks so rediculous on his badass white robes.

I just don't get how you have a system where you can equip different armor EXCEPT the one you start out with..I feel like if I was part of the team that spent a lot of time on Ezio's character design/outfit I would be pretty mad that you do not even get to play in the nice silver armor (AC:B) or the culturally influenced AC2 robes. I"m playing Revelations and thought his gold looking Spaulder looked great and then "HI" it's the YOU MUST WEAR THIS PRIMITIVE LOOKING ARMOR mission comes back to haunt me.

Basically, it's obvious ppl have similar reasons for this, like difficulty reasons and preference. For me, I love the starting design you guys come up with. You advertise his new look everywhere, we get all excited to play looking like a badass, but then after 30 min or so of play time, you will never see those precious designs and details ever again haha. Just saying, if you give us the abilty to change armor, why not let us use the default? You spent months or years on creating it, let us use it please, you guys do a great job. (Fav. is AC B robes)

Edit: "IF I was part of the team..."

Grandmaster_Z
11-17-2011, 06:43 AM
ezio looks like he has 10 layers of cloths, armor on...altair looks simple, yet beleivable when he free runs. ezio looks like his armor weights 100 lbs

AboeSafiyyah
11-17-2011, 07:44 AM
Yes....that would be great !

SleezeRocker
11-17-2011, 08:55 AM
That would be kind of cool!

I'd like that you can customize your gear by going to the hideout. Heck, if you bu the diffrent color orbes, you should be to access them in the hideout.

titjac05
11-17-2011, 11:08 AM
Been wanting that since AC2, Ezio looks so much more badass with no armor on at all! The Armor ubisoft designed for both brotherhood and revelations is bulky and hefty, assassin's shouldn't look like that! They're light weight and ninja http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Ariakas1991
11-17-2011, 11:32 AM
I was going to start a new thread, but you just said EXACTLY what I was thinking, Jack-Da. I really prefer the starting skin of Ezio, without armor. I mean, Ubisoft spend the last months advertising this Ezio with this good looking armor, and we can't even have two sequences with it. Damn, we can't even have the Hookblade with this armor... It sucks. The whole game, I've been thinking :"WOW! This is the best game yet, the sounds are great, so does the story, BUT GOD DAMNIT, WHY CAN'T WE PLAY WITH THE ORIGINAL LOOK."

I've seen somewhere that they will not implement the un-equip armor for this Assassin's Creed (Even tough, fans have been asking this feature since Assassin's Creed II) but they could give us an outfit (Like the Desmond or Altair outfit). But nothing so far.

We must push forward and ask them to give us at least an outfit. And I know for A FACT, that this should not be trouble at ALL. I mean, the skin is already in the game, you've seen gameplay with this armor at almost any given point in the game (I've seen a scene, at the end of the campaign, where Ezio is wearing the starting armor). It's should only be programming stuff. I'm so desperate to play with this armor, that I would GLADLY PAY (Yes, I'll pay if it is necessary) for this feature. I'll pay for up to 30$ (I'm not exaggerating..., I really what) for this skin.

Please, Ubisoft, I ask you, we beg you, please, give us this good looking Ezio, it's the only thing that ruined the game for me (I mean, the entire length of the campaign I couldn't stop thinking about it). I've been I fan of this serie since the beginning, hell, even before that with the Prince of Persia serie. It will mean the world to me, and I'm sure, to a lot of people. Please...

It would be nice if someone FROM Ubisoft could comment about this. For the others, please, feel free to comment as well and give us your opinion. And I was thinking about making a new thread, but with a poll.

(Sorry if there is some grammar mistakes, I was under a very sentimental feeling, and English is not my primary language)

scope2005
11-17-2011, 02:12 PM
Yeah I am all for this - not only for aesthetic purposes but for the CHALLENGE.

Ubi could then throw in bonus achievements/trophies for completing missions where Ezio is forced to fight against large groups of enemies wearing no armor without dying.

I would want this for AC:R however, it could be easilly implemented into the Blacksmith?

assassinm8
11-17-2011, 02:39 PM
We've been asking this since AC2 and if they were going to do it then they would have done it by now and i personally like the way it is so i dont see the point

DerekTX
11-17-2011, 06:39 PM
Yes please make armor removable. That would be sweet. I don't understand why it's not an option.

Shaunzy95
11-17-2011, 06:48 PM
Sounds awesome! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Schueler123
11-17-2011, 08:55 PM
PETITION SIGNED

May i also point people to this thread

Possible Updates (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/7791059169?r=7791059169#7791059169)

Yea i know i wrote it but id like people to read it aswell and C&C is always welcome

Schueler123
11-17-2011, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Saqaliba:

WEAPONS:
*Crossbow (ON/OFF)
*Gloves (ON/OFF)
*Metal Celstus (ON/OFF)
*Sword (ON/OFF)
*Dagger (ON/OFF)

HEAD:
*Facial (BEARD/CLEAN)
*Hood (ON/OFF)

ARMOR:

COSTUME/SKIN:

*Young Ezio
*Middle Ezio
*Old Ezio
*Altair
*Armor of Brutus
*Armor of Altair

*Civilian (Galata)
*Civilian (Beyazit)
*Civilian (Constantin)
*Civilian (Masyaf)
etc.

Just have to say. LOVE the ideas, so many interesting views and suggestion with simple game mechanics that are already there but could have been improved.

May i ask if i can add some/if not all this post of yours into my thread
Possible Features (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/7791059169?r=7791059169#7791059169)

I would totally give credit where its due

kriegerdesgottes
11-17-2011, 11:33 PM
Seems like we've done this three times now and it hasn't made a difference but..I'm on board.

Gawaiin
11-19-2011, 04:06 PM
Dang Right! Come on Ubisoft what the hell is wrong with you? How can this be so hard to listen to? Really?? This shouldn't even be a fricking DEBATE for you people, you should have thought about it yourselves by now the first time somebody ever brought it up!! I mean, WHY.THE.HELL.NOT?!?!

There are dozens of people like me who have some kind of dang obsession with having a specific style of armor or no armor at all on Ezio! I mean, I want it because I want to mimic what you people have been doing on the dang cover-art since Assassin's Creed II!!!! WHYYYY NOOOOOOOOOT?!

JUST.DO.IT.ALREADY.

Please Ubisoft, you should have done this since Brotherhood, I myself and dozens of your fans are severely disappointed with this, just how can you go so long not answering this childish request that is indeed most likely an easy task?

The only way this can even be done is by buying the armor set without the chest plate, but come on, we have to buy it and display it on our cement dummy SOMETIME you know?!

Please, fix this problem if you still can Ubi, we're counting on you. We adore your game and YOU

souNdwAve89
11-19-2011, 11:33 PM
Agreed. I mean, I LOVE the AC series and I am grateful for the staff that works on each game, but come on... Fans have been wanting to keep the official look of Ezio for years. The closes answer we got was from Gabe, who stated that buying armor "helps" advance the story. They use it for new players to get familiar with the shops...

CRUDFACE
11-19-2011, 11:36 PM
@souNd: okay, that's cool. Then let them take it off to, in order to show that they have options.

Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
Seems like we've done this three times now and it hasn't made a difference but..I'm on board.

Wanna make a bet that next month there will be two more added to the forum?

Whatever the case, sure, I'd love it if we could take off armor. I'd love it more if Ubisoft cared to.

hinhin96329
11-20-2011, 08:44 AM
I would also like to remove armor. Also, if I'm able to clear beard that would be great. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

OK9ZERA
11-20-2011, 10:34 AM
All for it. Can't stand the look of the crossbow on Ezio's back.

Also, I don't know if someone already posted this or if you guys already know, but there's a glitch for armor removal.
Assassin's Creed: Revelations - How to Remove All Armor (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0go8YeDuV4)