PDA

View Full Version : And yet more updates to The Genie's Lamp.....

C_h_u_c_k_l_e_s
08-10-2005, 04:50 PM
We've got new concept art for all of the Haven and Inferno units, official names and descriptions for Haven and Inferno units, Unit order, and even unit abilities. Enjoy. :O)

Oh yeah, I also added the most recent Developer's Diary.

~Sir Charles

EvilP17
08-10-2005, 05:49 PM
before official site...
are you vip? :P

C_h_u_c_k_l_e_s
08-10-2005, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by EvilP17:
before official site...
are you vip? :P

Why yes, yes I am. :O)

And just so you know, Ubisoft does from time to time give fan-sites a bit of a head start on new information. This is one of those times.

Poisonbladexxx
08-10-2005, 10:46 PM
I love your website chuckles. I hope you will keep it open for a long time.

stevenlynch
08-11-2005, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by Poisonbladexxx:

I agree on both points. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

ChimTheGrim
08-11-2005, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by stevenlynch:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Poisonbladexxx:

I agree on both points. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
yea.. cool site man.

recca_cool
08-11-2005, 03:50 AM
Very nice site, keep it up http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

C_h_u_c_k_l_e_s
08-11-2005, 06:44 AM
Thanks guys. I'm certainly planning on keeping it. :O) Now get off your duffs and play the Map of the Week. *grin*

socketboy
08-11-2005, 10:24 AM
Well, I am trying, but I can't seem to get it working...
Is there a map limit the game will display or soemthing?

C_h_u_c_k_l_e_s
08-11-2005, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by socketboy:

Sorry, I'm not quite following what you're trying to say here. First off, what map are you trying to play? The Heroes 3 map "Running with the Bulls"? Or the Heroes 4 map "Prince Valiant"?

C_h_u_c_k_l_e_s
08-11-2005, 10:48 AM
Okay, I've redesigned the Troop page. Hopefully it's clearer as to what each unit does. Well....what we THINK it does from the info given. *grin*

Heroes 5 Troops (http://home.houston.rr.com/thepliskepages/h5_troops.htm)

igoraki
08-11-2005, 11:04 AM
hey C_h_u_c_k_l_e_s

from your infos it does look like upgrades will lose special abilities of its unupgraded versions,is this confirmed ?

Archer
Special Ability: Ranged Attack.

Sprays a volley of arrows at a specified area. Can hit multiple target with one volley.

Marksmen
Special Ability: Close Range.

Inflicts additional ranged damage a close range.

Azmael
08-11-2005, 11:10 AM
Very nice site. First time I go there and from now on, this will be my first HoMM source.

Keep up the good work!

LordHoborgXVII
08-11-2005, 11:10 AM
Great site. No rubbish, just the plain and straightforward listings of everything in HoMM. I love it.

LordHoborgXVII
08-11-2005, 11:12 AM
About the creatures losing specialties when they upgrade, ie the upgraded and unupgraded creatures having different specialties: What I'm guessing is that when you upgrade the creature you still keep the old specialties, but they were already listed for the basic unit so that's why they're not listed a second time.

C_h_u_c_k_l_e_s
08-11-2005, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by igoraki:
hey C_h_u_c_k_l_e_s

from your infos it does look like upgrades will lose special abilities of its unupgraded versions,is this confirmed ?

Archer
Special Ability: Ranged Attack.

Sprays a volley of arrows at a specified area. Can hit multiple target with one volley.

Marksmen
Special Ability: Close Range.

Inflicts additional ranged damage a close range.

Sorry, I thought it was fairly obvious that the upgrade would retain the basic unit's abilities as well as gain new ones.

As for confirmation...heck no. They're not going to COMPLETELY confirm ANYTHING until they're done with the betatests. But from the info given...this is a pretty accurate layout. If you or anyone else sees a flaw or mistake, please let me know.

igoraki
08-11-2005, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by C_h_u_c_k_l_e_s:

Sorry, I thought it was fairly obvious that the upgrade would retain the basic unit's abilities as well as gain new ones.

As for confirmation...heck no. They're not going to COMPLETELY confirm ANYTHING until they're done with the betatests. But from the info given...this is a pretty accurate layout. If you or anyone else sees a flaw or mistake, please let me know.

yap,i was afraid it is that way,but you can always hope for something better...GGGRRRRR

socketboy
08-11-2005, 12:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by socketboy:

Sorry, I'm not quite following what you're trying to say here. First off, what map are you trying to play? The Heroes 3 map "Running with the Bulls"? Or the Heroes 4 map "Prince Valiant"? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am trying to do the heroes 3 map. I have it in my maps folder, but it won't show up! I was just wondering if it is possible to have too many maps and maybe heroes only displays a certian number. If that is the case, then that is why it isn't showing. If not I have no idea why

C_h_u_c_k_l_e_s
08-11-2005, 03:57 PM
I am trying to do the heroes 3 map. I have it in my maps folder, but it won't show up! I was just wondering if it is possible to have too many maps and maybe heroes only displays a certian number. If that is the case, then that is why it isn't showing. If not I have no idea why

Okay, first off, did you UNZIP the file?

Second, what version of the game are you running? Are you all patched up?

Third, do you have Wake of Gods installed?

I'm not sure what having the user mods installed will do to the installation of non-mod maps. I'm sure someone here would be able to answer that one though.

Zimmymasaki
08-11-2005, 04:41 PM
Hey chuckles i was just wondering, for the speed runs for map of the week does it have to be set at any particular difficulty? Cause i mean i could set it on easy and blitz through it ^.^

socketboy
08-11-2005, 04:47 PM
Yes unziped
Yes all patched (2.1 is latest, no?)
Running armageddons blade
No don't have any mods installed right now.
I do have 1576 maps in my map folder right now though, and I know all of those are not showing up either. I would say maybe 400 of them are actually showing up in the game.... which is why I was wondering if there was some kind of limit

C_h_u_c_k_l_e_s
08-11-2005, 04:57 PM
ROFLMAO!!! Fifteen HUNDRED maps? hehe. Okay, yeah, you might want to move some of those into another folder (or rename the folder...either way). hehe. Sorry, I'm not meaning to laugh, it's just that it looks like my computer back with h3trio. I had over a thousand maps on my computer. Yes, I had to move them out whenever I played over the net or I'd get problems...it's VERY possible that you'll encounter problems in single player if you get to a number high enough. Let me know if it solves the problem.

socketboy
08-11-2005, 05:00 PM
lol yeah I love my heroes 3. At my old job (Safeway gas station) I would sit and play heroes 3 8 hours a day.
Ok let me try putting them in a different folder and see if that fixes it.

C_h_u_c_k_l_e_s
08-11-2005, 05:01 PM
Oh, one last thing...I will from time to time post Shadow of Death maps as well. This particular one is Restoration of Erathia so that's not the problem here.

socketboy
08-11-2005, 05:26 PM
Ok cool.
And yeah it worked!
Playing now...

flamedemon
08-11-2005, 07:04 PM
hello heroes fans

flamedemon
08-11-2005, 07:04 PM
by the way nice website chuckles it really makes me exited knowing what the charecters can do...

ktav
08-12-2005, 07:18 AM
@C_h_u_c_k_l_e_s, i think u got the angels' special ability all wrong, if u read the ubisoft description it sais that when they die they return to their master, which is the dragon of light! so it means that u probably have to recruit them again, they don't die for the purpose of the story i guess, so u will have the same angels over and over again but u still need to hire them if they "die" in combat http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

C_h_u_c_k_l_e_s
08-12-2005, 09:35 AM
Yes, it's VERY possible I have the specialty wrong. But I wanted "something" up there. :O)

It states that when they get NEAR death they return to their master. Pretty vague. Your description of their ability however is pretty much identical to mine. But I see many possibilities for their abilities. But for now, I'll leave it like it is until we get more concrete information.

I still find it rather amusing that people are taking information from my site as "official" information. Please, everyone, read the disclaimers I have all over the place. All the info on my site is still subject to change. And all the ability info is my OPINION only. Sure, I made a guess based upon the info given so hopefully, many of them are accurate. But we'll have to wait and find out...as usual. :O)

flamedemon
08-12-2005, 11:05 AM
yah almost everything is subject to change because nevi/unisoft is constantly changing. yah.

GreaterBasilisk
08-12-2005, 11:08 AM
1500 maps? i have complete and i only have 1200. I'll have to get more maps when i have the time.

socketboy
08-12-2005, 11:11 AM
Well there are some that are just different releases and versions of the same map... so that might be partly why

ktav
08-12-2005, 12:06 PM
I still find it rather amusing that people are taking information from my site as "official" information. Please, everyone, read the disclaimers I have all over the place. All the info on my site is still subject to change. And all the ability info is my OPINION only. Sure, I made a guess based upon the info given so hopefully, many of them are accurate. But we'll have to wait and find out...as usual. :O)

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif i allready knew that it wasn't official info, i just pointed out my OPINION http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
anyway, you did a good job! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Dark_Magiks
08-12-2005, 07:00 PM
haha I think I have over 1700 maps however about 300 are in russian and another 200 in french and they have yet to be explored. Oh and also there are 200-300 Wog maps also.
The problem with so many maps is it actually takes half a minuite to load them up when you go to start a new game.

and chuckle you didnt answer Zimmymasaki

Hey chuckles i was just wondering, for the speed runs for map of the week does it have to be set at any particular difficulty? Cause i mean i could set it on easy and blitz through it ^.^
cause i was wondering that too.
You could have different sections for difficulties or something

C_h_u_c_k_l_e_s
08-12-2005, 07:13 PM
I didn't answer Zimmy because I didn't see the question. :O)

No, you can have it on any difficulty you prefer, just remember, you can only post ONE submission. So, if you go for the easy difficulty...sure, you'll probably get the 100 bonus points for the speed victory, but you'll lose HUNDREDS by playing at a much lower difficulty. Most players choose to play them on impossible difficulty, and then try to maximize their times/scores. But I'm not going to require anyone to play on any specific difficulty setting simply because I want EVERY type of player to have a chance at playing in the contest.

Any other questions about the Map of the Week?

ktav
08-13-2005, 12:48 AM
didn't the pit fiend (balor) had the ability to drain life?? i remeber this in one of the screenshots...