PDA

View Full Version : An idea? Maybe?

RoyalGigolo76
07-20-2005, 07:29 PM
Well I have had an idea, because some people are having...let's just say, troubles being more of a stealthy spy or more of a quick-triggered mercenary, and I think that simply playing solo against some people isnt quite of a training. Well anyways, what I am sayign is that it would be cool if some people are ready to teach others to get better. Not nescecarely pros, but also average players.
Well anyways, I might be ready, simply add my X-Fire: krono969

anywyas, peace out

spyder93090
07-20-2005, 07:38 PM
Are you saying spy training ?

RoyalGigolo76
07-21-2005, 04:45 AM
spy or merc, obviously

element54
07-21-2005, 05:22 AM
that is a good idea. for mercs it could be a little like duckhunt. or just an unreal game that has the bots running about for the merc to shoot. i guess for spy there would be tons of presence detectors that they would have to go through within a time limit.

hmmmm..... i like this thought. It could possibly help to build up the community too. I am sure so manny kids quit playing versus alltogether becouse they get smeared in a real versus match and then they get yelled at in the lobby for sucking so bad. So.. if they got some single player practice then hopefully they would improve alot faster. Another thought is that even the pro or average player can use the training missions to warm up on their skills.

good thinking royal....

DucusSumus
07-21-2005, 06:36 AM
Come into my server anytime and I'll teach you some basics. Also, make sure you read Spekkio's noob guide; it contains all of the essential information necessary for becoming good at SvM.

BooBerry.Ck
07-21-2005, 06:57 AM
I was throwing this idea around with Spekkio. I was wanting to make custom Training Levels that tought EVERYTHING there is to teach. But some things are just impossible to do with the current editor. One of them is adding bots for the spies to practice grabbing or Mercs to practice sniping. Either way, I still might make a training course that will put the ones we already have to shame. But its unlikely.

Xan-99
07-21-2005, 07:16 AM
Also just asking people to help you out generally works. We might have a small comunity but for the most part it's a friendly one. Most people of any skill will be happy to help you learn. I know I would be.

m4_007
07-21-2005, 07:54 AM
Yeah, Xan, Thanks again !

I think we should do maps, adapted for Teaching.

A big, Huge place for Aggro Skills training, a dark room for sthealt training and an Exam room, a room with ND's and parts of current maps.

NeVerDown144
07-21-2005, 08:35 AM
yeah thats a good idea.. i cant map but i am sure some ppl here on the forums can do it. We got a small community as Xan said but if all ppl are nice we got a nicer community then when a game has a huge community whit ppl whining all the day and cursing each other and dont learn beginners something. I like the idea of a nice community http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif