PDA

View Full Version : What happened Montreal?

Delka.Support
04-15-2010, 09:11 PM
Okay, first off I'm not here to say that Conviction was an awful game to play - it's not. But! (and bare with me on this one) Can anyone who has played Ubisoft's previous titles (Splinter Cell & Rainbow 6: Vegas) honestly say that the features in Conviction is seriously (I can't stress the word enough) lacking in substance? I mean the P.E.C. system is a joke compared to Vegas 1 & 2 (hell even GRAW 2 had the ability to swap out different attachments). I mean they had 2+ years to build this game and all we get is a 5-8 hour single player experience on "Realistic mode" (which I LOVED), bad connections (I could only imagine the horror of a 2 vs 2 SvM that people are begging and hollering for), and a broken customization (if you can call it that with a good conscious).

Look I've been with Ubisoft since the beginning, I've been with the Rainbow Six, Splinter Cell, and Ghost Recon franchises since the beginning (yeah I was around for the first Ghost Recon and Rainbow titles on PC). All I'm saying is that I can't in good conscious not voice my opinion and bring to the attention the blatant lack of attention and polish that would otherwise put this game back on the radar back when it first came out, but instead I guess the power of the dollar is just too tempting and hell they got the high review scores that they need to put on their commercials now and help Ubi make a quick buck for a short while before people catch on, so that's all that really matters. Oh also what's up with the exclusive code's? I mean I pre-ordered the game 2 month's in advanced (Gamestop) and yet I'm not deemed worthy to get access to things already on the disc? I texted "weapon" to the phone numbere provided, but didn't get a text back.

*I know that I sound like a rant-machine at the moment, but I guess I've been spoiled by Ubi (Montreal's) past AAA flagships (RSV, SP:CT, GRAW 2).

sumoaltus
04-15-2010, 09:30 PM
You're not ranting, I've been pro-Conviction since day one.

P.E.C. just didn't do it for me at all. I think the best outfits in the game are the originals, that's it. There are a few things to make the other outfits look okay, but nothing spectacular.

If only they would have offered the same amount of add on content that they offered in Vegas.

Libertarian2010
04-15-2010, 10:50 PM
They became better developers and made a better game.

Conviction is simply their best game in years.

Rainbow Six: Vegas? Please! The Vegas games can't compare to the old Rainbow Six games!

ClingingMars
04-15-2010, 11:00 PM
The DLC that they release once a week better be good.

Delka.Support
04-16-2010, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by Libertarian2010:
They became better developers and made a better game.

Conviction is simply their best game in years.

Rainbow Six: Vegas? Please! The Vegas games can't compare to the old Rainbow Six games!

Heh, well of course the old RS games will always reign supreme, but I was referring to the success of the Rainbow Six: Vegas series on consoles (primarily Xbox 360) and how they were able to have one of THE best multiplayer offerings this generation of consoles.

jman295
04-16-2010, 02:31 AM
until now i haven't been able to express my thoughts about this game but you just got it all organized for me.

CaptainROE
04-16-2010, 05:20 AM
I don't think GRAW 2 had attachments... In fact, I'm fairly certain they didn't even have PEC.
This PEC isn't meant to be like R6. You're not supposed to level up and get new stuff. This is just a kind of reward system for doing the achievements.

NoLoveForFrank
04-16-2010, 05:44 AM
P.E.C. system

I admit, while I do enjoy the "achievement-like" nature of gaining the points in the whole P.E.C. thing....the setup does utterly baffle me.

The SC3000 cannot have a scope, or even a red-dot? Or my favorite...the MP5 is a submachine gun with an effective range of ~150m that gets a 4x scope, while the M468 (or REC7 as it is now called) is a mid-length assault rifle with an effective range ~800m that gets....nothing? I could understand if it was some sort of esoteric "gun" thing, but this is on the order of simple common sense.

Delka.Support
04-16-2010, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by CaptainROE:
I don't think GRAW 2 had attachments... In fact, I'm fairly certain they didn't even have PEC.
This PEC isn't meant to be like R6. You're not supposed to level up and get new stuff. This is just a kind of reward system for doing the achievements.
Heh, whoops looks like you caught me there. What I meant to say was that in GRAW 2 they gave you two alternate kits of the same weapon. For example, you could have a M4 with either a supressor or non-surpressed or a with/without a grenade launcher.