PDA

View Full Version : Mission types in AC2

john63
09-16-2009, 11:08 PM
Patrice has said that there are 15+ mission types. Let's see how many of these we can piece together, from the little interviews and videos we've seen.

1. Actual, plot-related assassinations http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

2. Assassin-for-hire missions: someone asks you to kill someone, sometimes with certain conditions attached (like don't be seen.)

3. "Messenger/pickpocketeer" chase missions.

4. Body-carrying missions.

5. Carriage transport/defense missions.

6-7. Notoriety-reduction missions (tearing down posters, bribing town criers)

8. Favors-for-factions missions (which could be any of the others, or something we haven't seen).

9. Gondola-riding missions

Anyone have any other ideas? Are all the ones I said right?

Losk_
09-16-2009, 11:26 PM
the secret locations probably get counted as a mission type. I think they described it as starting off as an exploration mission.

Eavesdropping missions, such as the one where Ezio listens in on the Templar meeting from the PAX/Gamescon demo.

Also add killing witnesses to your list of notoriety missions.

Listing off a few things they said in the 3rd developer diary:
High points.
climbing puzzles. (this may be the same as the exploration)
Collectable quests.
crowd missions (maybe the notoriety ones?)

To speculate, (i dont think there has been any evidence of this one), I think there will probably still be missions to beat-up people for information. It would probably be more closely tied to the story than the random orators in AC1.

Edit: I thought of another one duh.. flying machine missions.

the amolang
09-16-2009, 11:37 PM
im not sure about this... but i think they said there were also missions where you could raise your notoriety... or was it that some missions will only be available when you have a certain amount of notoriety... hmmm...

Losk_
09-16-2009, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by amolang:
im not sure about this... but i think they said there were also missions where you could raise your notoriety... or was it that some missions will only be available when you have a certain amount of notoriety... hmmm...

I think its that some are available when you're higher notoriety, but who knows.

I don't think I'm going to have any trouble gaining notoriety, I enjoy picking fights in AC a little bit too much.

Xanatos2007
09-16-2009, 11:39 PM
I think theft could be one, although I think that ties in with the Thieves guild. Ezio was seen at a pawn shop (presumably), possibly selling stolen items.

the amolang
09-16-2009, 11:41 PM
he was? in the third dev diary? or where?

Losk_
09-16-2009, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
I think theft could be one, although I think that ties in with the Thieves guild. Ezio was seen at a pawn shop (presumably), possibly selling stolen items.

home invasion mission type? wasn't that in one of the GTA games?

Xanatos2007
09-16-2009, 11:46 PM
In dev diary 2, I think.

LaurenIsSoMosh
09-17-2009, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by Losk_:
I think there will probably still be missions to beat-up people for information. It would probably be more closely tied to the story than the random orators in AC1. I hope not. Of all mission types in the first, that's the only one I couldn't stand. Having to sit through a really annoying speech, sometimes two or three times over if you messed up in any way, then having to follow them to a secluded area was really too boring. And the fact that thugs were always in the area and always stepped in to defend some random Templar or town crier, even when they wouldn't defend the likes of beggars or the mentally handicapped, was just all the worse.

I suppose if they revamped it so that there was no speech beforehand, and you just picked them out of the crowd and then followed them, it wouldn't be so bad, but it was a pretty dull task.
Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
Ezio was seen at a pawn shop (presumably), possibly selling stolen items. Sorry, sir, but I'm gonna have to raise some red flags at this crime scene. >_>

To my knowledge it's not been confirmed that Ezio can sell, only buy things. And beyond that I don't think we're going to be able to pickpocket items like weapons, only money. If we're able to do either of those, I don't think it's been mentioned so far.

john63
09-17-2009, 01:14 AM
@Lauren: IDK if we can pickpocket weapons, but Patrice said in the leaked florence footage that you could steal weapons and cash from the bodies of guards that you kill.

@amolang: I heard it was that certain missions will only be possible at certain notoriety levels (ex: you can only do missions to lower notoriety if your notoriety is high enough)

@losk: I thought that they were taking out the eavesdropping missions. I think that eavesdropping in the demo was just a cutscene.

Should climbing high points and collecting stuff count as missions?

If there are beat-up-informant missions, I hope that the "boxing" system is improved; more control where you throw opponents, faster recovery after punches...

PlagueDoctor357
09-17-2009, 01:53 AM
Yes as the above poster said he gets right down and picks the stuff from the pockets or just grabs the weapon.

These new missions, being molded into 3 different missions or whatever every time will be awesome!

Just played through AC1 again and it really isn't that bad. The story in between is so amazing that the missions don't even seem tedious. I in fact, love it.

LaurenIsSoMosh
09-17-2009, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by john63:
@Lauren: IDK if we can pickpocket weapons, but Patrice said in the leaked florence footage that you could steal weapons and cash from the bodies of guards that you kill. But that's not stealing, now is it? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

There's a big difference between looting a sword off a dead body and pulling it right off a living person without him being aware of it.

Plus, when you loot weapons, I'm pretty sure it's only so that you can use them yourself, not sell them.