PDA

View Full Version : Counter Attack AI ??

BowfinSS287
03-18-2007, 08:37 AM
hello

I'm a sub fan from way back,my first sub game was Silent Service....i've played them all since
then....AOD had the best counter attack,your boat could take 30 to 40 DC,it would be very beaten up,but it could take it. Counter attacks
could last many hours.SH3 didn't do a very good
job in this area. the DD were dead on or didn't
know the bridge from the keel,has there been any
take about DD AI....if you have ever seen the movie Das Boot...now thats a good counter attack

AOD=Aces Of The Deep

Happy Hunting ,BowfinSS287

BowfinSS287
03-18-2007, 08:37 AM
hello

I'm a sub fan from way back,my first sub game was Silent Service....i've played them all since
then....AOD had the best counter attack,your boat could take 30 to 40 DC,it would be very beaten up,but it could take it. Counter attacks
could last many hours.SH3 didn't do a very good
job in this area. the DD were dead on or didn't
know the bridge from the keel,has there been any
take about DD AI....if you have ever seen the movie Das Boot...now thats a good counter attack

AOD=Aces Of The Deep

Happy Hunting ,BowfinSS287

nastutt
03-18-2007, 09:17 AM
This is the main thing I want to know as wel for SH4. Is the damage modelling for the players sub improved. In that can it take hits and sink slowly and can you save it? Can you cut off sections with doors etc to repair others etc etc. I was overly unimpresed with this in SH3 in that you died really quickly and pooof you were out of the game. It was a real downer after playing for days on end. Not exciting at all.

IS SH4 improved in the damage effects is shows. Im personally not too bothered about damage on targets but more with my own sub.