PDA

View Full Version : Penalty for killing?

reelmasterchief
11-11-2007, 08:46 AM
If you've played the Splinter Cell series, you may know that you get penalties for killing people that aren't your target, even the badguys. Is that what's gonna happen in Assassin's, or is it gonna be more like Metal Gear Solid or Tenchu Z?

AirRon_2K7
11-11-2007, 08:47 AM
You lose health for killing civilians, but killing other bad guys isn't a problem

Subba_
11-11-2007, 08:49 AM
You lose 1/3 of your health for killing civilians but it apparently regens quickly if you don't have gaurds on you.
Don't quote me on that though.

AspectShadow
11-11-2007, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by Subba_:
You lose 1/3 of your health for killing civilians but it apparently regens quickly if you don't have gaurds on you.

Yeah this sounds about right ^.^
That guy who said hed played 3 hours of it said he could just kill anyone he met whilst walking in one city

yehonatan.roth
11-11-2007, 10:09 AM
i think looseing health over killing a civilian is Bull Sh*t

because its a 17+ game... and there trying to educate an almost grown man/woman?

that's really stup*d

and if some kid under 17 buys it...

The perents are to blame!!!

and don't take gameplay possiblietys just because your afraid to be sued!

(well... no better reason now that i think of it...)

NVM...

FlyingEagle23
11-11-2007, 10:11 AM
Im under 17 but im still getting this game. Except I dont have (all) the skills to just walk up behind some fool down the street and total assassinate him....thats just stupid..

MasterNeilson
11-11-2007, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by yehonatan.roth:

because its a 17+ game... and there trying to educate an almost grown man/woman?

that's really stup*d

NVM...

Well it's not health you lose really, theres no such thing as health in this game, it's called a synchronization bar, it tells you how much you are connected to the world and Altair, You lose 1/3 of this bar for killing civilians but it will regenerate over time and faster when you alone and not in a fight.

Zain0
11-11-2007, 11:37 AM
Since when were there civilians in MGS?

deskpe
11-11-2007, 11:40 AM
they did this bacause its an assassination game, not a massmurder game!

its not normal for an assassin to just kill hundreds of civilians

Shady_D16
11-11-2007, 11:46 AM
It's still possible to kill hundreds of civilians, your synchronization bar regenerates quick as hell.

PantsRtight
11-11-2007, 12:02 PM
The reason they did that is because they didn't want the game to become something like a medieval grand theft auto, they wanted to make something fresh and original.

Shady_D16
11-11-2007, 12:12 PM
Yeah, too bad it still wont stop me from killing those damn civilians.

Ghotten
11-11-2007, 12:36 PM

that's really stup*d

NVM...

I'd say the bigger market comes from those under the actual 17+ rating anyway. a 14 year old like myself will still get the game despite the stupidly high age rating. it doesn't include stuff we haven't seen before, after all. It sucks being 14.

reelmasterchief
11-11-2007, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Zain0:
Since when were there civilians in MGS?

There aren't. I was just refering it to the badguys you kill...not the civilians, because there are none.

ImpulsePainter
11-11-2007, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Ghotten:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by yehonatan.roth:

that's really stup*d

NVM...

I'd say the bigger market comes from those under the actual 17+ rating anyway. a 14 year old like myself will still get the game despite the stupidly high age rating. it doesn't include stuff we haven't seen before, after all. It sucks being 14. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

First time I was legally allowed to buy a M rated game, I forgot my ID, went in to a different place then I usually go to (the usual place sold M rated games to 13 year olds). The guy was like "Sorry dude" So I got my brother (20 years) to get it. Its a weird world out there.

Oh also, they told me that they can get sued for selling a Mature game to a minor, even more than selling cigarettes to a minor...ridiculous! Like video games do more damage than tar coated lungs...

KaraiUK
11-11-2007, 02:34 PM

that's really stup*d

NVM...

First of all: What ****ing age are you? Don't "***" your words, take the word filter like a man god damnit.

Second: They aren't trying to educate anyone, it's a gameplay option. They put it in because they didn't want people ****ing with the experience and being an *******. You want to kill civilians? Go play GTA, ******.

Third: Parents aren't to blame if a kid buys a game rated older than they actually are. The kids are to blame and so are the stores that sell them.

Kkthxbi.

pietjevlip
11-11-2007, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by ImpulsePainter:

Oh also, they told me that they can get sued for selling a Mature game to a minor, even more than selling cigarettes to a minor...ridiculous! Like video games do more damage than tar coated lungs...

Well, in a way, they could... if my 10 year old brother plays this game, it certainly will damage him more than one cigarette... the rating indicator is there for a reason...

Ghotten
11-11-2007, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by pietjevlip:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ImpulsePainter:

Well, in a way, they could... if my 10 year old brother plays this game, it certainly will damage him more than one cigarette... the rating indicator is there for a reason... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If your ten year old brother would be damaged by a game like this, where have you been hiding him!? I was a huge fan of Metal Gear by the age of 8. Still am. Honestly, if you don't let him grow up sooner or later, he'll be in for a shock when he hits puberty.

Strikefromabove
11-11-2007, 02:51 PM
I honestly dont care that you loose health for killing civillians. Besides the main focus of the game is to kill bad guys, not innocents.

pietjevlip
11-11-2007, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Ghotten:

If your ten year old brother would be damaged by a game like this, where have you been hiding him!? I was a huge fan of Metal Gear by the age of 8. Still am. Honestly, if you don't let him grow up sooner or later, he'll be in for a shock when he hits puberty.

that's not my job, i leave that to my parents... and besides, the strict way of handling those guidelines didn't hurt ME. I wasn't shocked when playing my first M-rated game...

actually, in my country (NL) they use other ratings:

AL (just like E)
3+ (children games, you need to speak the language LOL)
12+(no explanation needed)
16+(Most "M" rated games are rated like this, highest score for just violence and language stuff)
18+(Almost exclusively for nudity)

So I played splinter cell at 16, and not sooner... now did that hurt me? I don't think so, and who can determine better than me whether or not something hurts me?

CJtheassassin
11-11-2007, 06:39 PM
there's really no point in killing civilians, there are so many guards around just kill them...

Phillip011
11-11-2007, 08:14 PM
the age limits are stupid i was playing Duke Nukem (M rated) and watching r rated movies when i was 8 maybe even younger

**** Jack Thomson for being gay he needs to get laid and stop being a pain